Canon Saiyan Transformations Tree

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Canon Saiyan Transformations Tree

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:58 pm

I apologize about the quality. I have had trouble getting it big enough to be able to zoom. The details of the forms are beautiful up close. If anyone can either help me post a bigger version of my work, or wants the JPEG, let me know.

There are six branches of Saiyan forms: 1) Super Saiyan God branch, 2) Base Kaioken, 3) Great Ape, 4) Ultimate, 5) Legendary Super Saiyan, 6) Super Saiyan.

Super Saiyan 1 has three additional grades: SS1 Ascended (Vegeta fighting Semi-Perfect Cell), SS1 Ultra (Trunks fighting Perfect Cell), SS1 Full Power (Goku fighting Perfect Cell).

Super Saiyan 2 has three additional grades: SS2 Strengthened (Trunks fighting Zamasu in the future), SS2 Furious (Vegeta screaming 'My Bulma' against Beerus), SSRage (Trunks' new form in the Goku Black Saga).

Super Saiyan 3 has no more grades. It is a flawed form that was believed to be the next evolution after Super Saiyan 2. It pushed out too much power in the wrong way. The Super Saiyan 2 grades are the natural follow-up forms in this branch.

Legendary Super Saiyan was made canon in DBSuper Ep. 93 by Kale. As she did not show any signs of the yellow-haired Super Saiyan forms, I have placed the branch as separate. Given more information it may need to be placed in the yellow-haired branch.

Ultimate is a power-up/transformation, as seen during Gohan's unlocking it in the Buu Saga. It is also seen in DBSuper Ep. 88 when Gohan transforms from SS2 to Ultimate.

Great Ape is a natural transformation that all Saiyans can utilize. Since Golden Great Ape and Super Saiyan 4 are DBGT exclusive, they are not canon.

Base Kaioken is another section added that Goku can have as a state.

Super Saiyan God can be a transformation if six Saiyans put their spirits together. During his battle with Beerus, Goku lost this red-haired form and turned into a yellow-haired Super Saiyan 1. However, this is not an ordinary SS1. It has the power of Super Saiyan God in it, hence my calling it Semi-merged Super Saiyan God. During Beerus' sun ball attack, Goku transforms from the yellow hair into black hair. This is when the power of Super Saiyan God fully merges with him. Hence, Merged Super Saiyan God.

Goku and Vegeta achieve this Merged Super Saiyan God state and then after training with Whis unlock Super Saiyan Blue by transforming into a Super Saiyan as a Merged Super Saiyan God. Goku learns to stack Kaioken on top of Super Saiyan Blue because of its great ki control. This Super Saiyan Blue can also be achieved by transforming into a Super Saiyan while being a Super Saiyan God.

Super Saiyan Rose is a version of Super Saiyan Blue where the body is godly and the user's spirit is godly as well. Since Saiyans are inherently mortal and not godly like Zamasu was, all Saiyans will achieve the Super Saiyan Blue version of this. Super Saiyan Rose was only for Goku Black.

Super Saiyan Blue Completed is a form that I forgot to put in my last submission. It is a DBSuper-manga exclusive, where Goku learns to control ki leaking out of his Super Saiyan Blue form. The anime counterpart to this is Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken. The manga and anime have diverged greatly and that is why two arrows come out from Super Saiyan Blue in different directions. Both are equally canon.
Last edited by ChiefWamsutta on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cheddarsword
Regular

Re: Canon Saiyan Transformations Tree

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Noticing some errors.

FPSS is not an extension of "Ascended" and "Ultra" (more commonly known as Grade 2 and Grade 3 repsectively). FPSS or "Mastered" SS is just the standard SS form, only controlled. If you must branch it from standard SS, it may be wiser to branch it from base form as well as the SS2/SS3 branching from it as well as the standard Super Saiyan form.

SSB branches from base, but I think I can understand why you branched it from SSG.

SSR is akin to SSB so it was smart to set it aside, but if branched, it should branch identically to SSB I would think.

EDIT:

It should also be noted that Kaioken isn't really a Saiyan exclusive form. Neither is Ultimate or as it's sometimes called, Potential Unlocked. Only saiyans have achieved these forms, but they aren't exclusive to them.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 pm

cheddarsword wrote:Noticing some errors.

FPSS is not an extension of "Ascended" and "Ultra" (more commonly known as Grade 2 and Grade 3 repsectively). FPSS or "Mastered" SS is just the standard SS form, only controlled. If you must branch it from standard SS, it may be wiser to branch it from base form as well as the SS2/SS3 branching from it as well as the standard Super Saiyan form.

SSB branches from base, but I think I can understand why you branched it from SSG.

SSR is akin to SSB so it was smart to set it aside, but if branched, it should branch identically to SSB I would think.

EDIT:

It should also be noted that Kaioken isn't really a Saiyan exclusive form. Neither is Ultimate or as it's sometimes called, Potential Unlocked. Only saiyans have achieved these forms, but they aren't exclusive to them.
First and foremost, thank you for the constructive criticism.

Re: Kaioken and Ultimate. Yeah, I know that they are not exclusive to Saiyans. However, since they are basically associated only with Saiyans, I felt comfortable adding them in as a stylistic choice. I also like using the word 'Ultimate' versus 'Potential Unlocked,' despite it being more accurate.

Super Saiyan Blue, technically, in my opinion, would not branch off from Base. You would have to be exposed to Super Saiyan God in some way to achieve the form, hence my placing it in the SSG limb of the tree. I used SS1 and SSG as the beginning of two branches of the tree for this reason. Great Ape, Base Kaioken, Ultimate, and LSS were miscellaneous that fit connecting to Base.

Super Saiyan Rose, being a form that a normal Saiyan could never achieve, was placed without an arrow. It is next to Super Saiyan Blue because of the similarities. Each other form/state could be achieved by a Saiyan, albeit a special one.

I'm not sure I fully understand. Are you saying I should go Base then FPSS then SS1 and then the rest of the branches I presently have?

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:12 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Super Saiyan Blue, technically, in my opinion, would not branch off from Base. You would have to be exposed to Super Saiyan God in some way to achieve the form, hence my placing it in the SSG limb of the tree. I used SS1 and SSG as the beginning of two branches of the tree for this reason. Great Ape, Base Kaioken, Ultimate, and LSS were miscellaneous that fit connecting to Base.
I assumed this was your thinking, and you may be correct.
ChiefWamsutta wrote: Super Saiyan Rose, being a form that a normal Saiyan could never achieve, was placed without an arrow. It is next to Super Saiyan Blue because of the similarities. Each other form/state could be achieved by a Saiyan, albeit a special one.
Aside from having a different soul in the body, it was still Goku's body. Full blooded saiyan. Unless you're suggesting that having the soul of a divine being in the body is what made the form possible which is, from my point of view, possible. Who knows what heights Ginyu could have taken Goku's body to?
ChiefWamsutta wrote: I'm not sure I fully understand. Are you saying I should go Base then FPSS then SS1 and then the rest of the branches I presently have?
No. I was suggesting that FPSS and SS1 either be given separate yet identical branches, or merged as they are essentially the same form with the only difference being that FPSS is stronger due to being controlled. The mistake that you made was placing it as an extension of Ascended and Ultra and while it is indeed called Grade 4 by some and rightly so as it outranks those forms, it's not an extension of them.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:56 pm

I think MSSJ or grade four should definately be counted as a grade. I almost think Majin Vegeta should be an extension grade of SSJ2 but there is no proof that it is any stronger than normal SSJ2. I'd change stregthened SSJ2 to Ascended SSJ2. I'd also add Complete/Mastered SSJB next to SSJB Kaioken.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:02 am

Xeztin wrote:I think MSSJ or grade four should definately be counted as a grade. I almost think Majin Vegeta should be an extension grade of SSJ2 but there is no proof that it is any stronger than normal SSJ2. I'd change stregthened SSJ2 to Ascended SSJ2. I'd also add Complete/Mastered SSJB next to SSJB Kaioken.
I will probably leave SS2 Strengthened as the name. I wanted a uniqueness to each grade name to be quirky. I did, however, add in Super Saiyan Blue Completed.

cheddarsword wrote: No. I was suggesting that FPSS and SS1 either be given separate yet identical branches, or merged as they are essentially the same form with the only difference being that FPSS is stronger due to being controlled. The mistake that you made was placing it as an extension of Ascended and Ultra and while it is indeed called Grade 4 by some and rightly so as it outranks those forms, it's not an extension of them.
I wonder if it is even necessary to achieve FPSS1 to unlock SS2. Because one could argue the SS2 branch could extend off of SS1 or FPSS1.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:28 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote: I wonder if it is even necessary to achieve FPSS1 to unlock SS2. Because one could argue the SS2 branch could extend off of SS1 or FPSS1.
That's what I was saying. Caulifla didn't master FPSS1 and yet, possibly without even realizing it, moved straight on to SS2.

If you'd like to keep this to the U7 saiyans only, then Gotenks is another example. Barely touched SS2 and went straight to SS3.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:19 pm

cheddarsword wrote: That's what I was saying. Caulifla didn't master FPSS1 and yet, possibly without even realizing it, moved straight on to SS2.

If you'd like to keep this to the U7 saiyans only, then Gotenks is another example. Barely touched SS2 and went straight to SS3.
I really can't do much then, I guess. The whole Super Saiyan section of the tree would have arrows coming and going from everything ...

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 am

Xeztin wrote:I think MSSJ or grade four should definately be counted as a grade. I almost think Majin Vegeta should be an extension grade of SSJ2 but there is no proof that it is any stronger than normal SSJ2. I'd change stregthened SSJ2 to Ascended SSJ2. I'd also add Complete/Mastered SSJB next to SSJB Kaioken.
I made some changes to the tree graphic. What do you think about Super Saiyan Blue Completed?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:10 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
I made some changes to the tree graphic. What do you think about Super Saiyan Blue Completed?
Perfect! Would you mind doing one for Oozaru, Golden Oozaru, and SsJ4? I like these transformation concepts you do :) or just branch it off from Oozaru you already have.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Xeztin wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Perfect! Would you mind doing one for Oozaru, Golden Oozaru, and SsJ4? I like these transformation concepts you do :) or just branch it off from Oozaru you already have.
Yep, I can definitely do that for you. Also PM me if you want a higher quality JPEG of the tree graphic with SSB Completed in it.

To be honest, I did not think people would like this so much. I thought I would get lots of flack for my Semi-merged Super Saiyan God and Merged Super Saiyan God idea. Whether you want to say it exists currently as of Ep. 95 is one thing, but it seemed to at least happen during BoG and RoF, hence my placing it in.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:06 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Xeztin wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Yep, I can definitely do that for you. Also PM me if you want a higher quality JPEG of the tree graphic with SSB Completed in it.

To be honest, I did not think people would like this so much. I thought I would get lots of flack for my Semi-merged Super Saiyan God and Merged Super Saiyan God idea. Whether you want to say it exists currently as of Ep. 95 is one thing, but it seemed to at least happen during BoG and RoF, hence my placing it in.
Will do! It is really good for reference! There are over 20 something Saiyan transformations filler and all included, charts are nice to look at. :)

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Xeztin wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Xeztin wrote: Perfect! Would you mind doing one for Oozaru, Golden Oozaru, and SsJ4? I like these transformation concepts you do :) or just branch it off from Oozaru you already have.

Will do! It is really good for reference! There are over 20 something Saiyan transformations filler and all included, charts are nice to look at. :)
That is part of the whole reason I did this. :lol: I need to see things visually to understand it better. I also thought of how to connect SSRage with everything else and I loved the idea.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Ultimate isn't a Saiyan form, literally anyone who undergoes Old Kai's ritual can get it. Same thing with Kaio-Ken, that's a technique you can learn.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Ultimate isn't a Saiyan form, literally anyone who undergoes Old Kai's ritual can get it. Same thing with Kaio-Ken, that's a technique you can learn.
I've gotten this a lot. I would agree that there isn't a need for Base Kaioken and Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken to be on here. Technically, they are not exclusive to Saiyans, but since they are mainly associated with Saiyans I chose to leave it in as a stylistic choice.

Ultimate is similar to this, and we could debate back and forth whether it is a transformation. In DBSuper Ep. 88 where Gohan goes from SS2 to Ultimate and his hair flashes black, that to me signaled a transformation.

Either way, these three are states that Saiyans could achieve as well. I chose the word transformation since it is a buzz word.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:33 pm

I suppose my only qualm with this chart is the line drawn from Super Saiyan God to Super Saiyan Blue. I understand that the method to achieving Blue usually requires some kind of exposure to SSG or its power, but there still isn't a direct connection between the two forms per se.

Otherwise I don't see anything I'd consider outright disagreeable. Good work.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:42 am

Marlowe89 wrote:I suppose my only qualm with this chart is the line drawn from Super Saiyan God to Super Saiyan Blue. I understand that the method to achieving Blue usually requires some kind of exposure to SSG or its power, but there still isn't a direct connection between the two forms per se.

Otherwise I don't see anything I'd consider outright disagreeable. Good work.
I look at as what the namesake has for us, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. I always took this as Super Saiyan God transforming into a Super Saiyan. I look at SSG as a base with God Ki and SSJB a SSJ form with God Ki. The base or SSG probably isn't needed to go Super Saiyan Blue but it is still a predecessor to the form.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:19 am

I'm a bit confused here. What exactly are you basing "Super Saiyan 2: Furious" on? I missed most of the Future Trunks arc (I've got VRV so I plan to catch up) so all I really know of is Super Saiyan 2: Strengthened http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Streng ... r_Saiyan_2 Super Saiyan Rage http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Saiyan_Rage and Quake of Fury http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Quake_of_Fury.

I need to understand how substantial and meaningful this form is because I'm looking into making a chart of my own showing who has achieved what forms. I know there's already a chart like that, but from what I saw, it was incomplete as it ignores Super.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:04 pm

cheddarsword wrote:I'm a bit confused here. What exactly are you basing "Super Saiyan 2: Furious" on? I missed most of the Future Trunks arc (I've got VRV so I plan to catch up) so all I really know of is Super Saiyan 2: Strengthened http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Streng ... r_Saiyan_2 Super Saiyan Rage http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Saiyan_Rage and Quake of Fury http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Quake_of_Fury.

I need to understand how substantial and meaningful this form is because I'm looking into making a chart of my own showing who has achieved what forms. I know there's already a chart like that, but from what I saw, it was incomplete as it ignores Super.
I believe Furious is Quake of Fury referring to Vegeta in BoG surpassing SSJ 3 by far, while Strengthened SSJ2 that Trunks has was on par with SSJ3 in the manga.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:45 pm

Xeztin wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:I'm a bit confused here. What exactly are you basing "Super Saiyan 2: Furious" on? I missed most of the Future Trunks arc (I've got VRV so I plan to catch up) so all I really know of is Super Saiyan 2: Strengthened http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Streng ... r_Saiyan_2 Super Saiyan Rage http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Saiyan_Rage and Quake of Fury http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Quake_of_Fury.

I believe Furious is Quake of Fury referring to Vegeta in BoG surpassing SSJ 3 by far, while Strengthened SSJ2 that Trunks has was on par with SSJ3 in the manga.
Hmm... So let me get this straight then:

BOG:

SS2 Vegeta = SS2 Goku
SS2 Fury Vegeta > SS3 Goku

Future Trunks arc:

SS2 Trunks =OR> SS2 Goku
SS2 Strengthened Trunks = SS3 Goku

As such:

SS2 Fury > SS2 Strengthened

Am I reading it correctly?

Essentially, they're the SS2 equivalent of SS Grade 2 and SS Grade 3?