[Fan Fiction] Tournament of Power Remix - Ch. 2: Lights Out! [Complete!]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

[Fan Fiction] Tournament of Power Remix - Ch. 2: Lights Out! [Complete!]

Post by Ziegander » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:06 am

Tournament of Power Remix
Chapter 2: Lights Out!
Tournament Standings
[spoiler]76/80 fighters remaining!

Universe 2 members: Brianne de Chateau • Hermila • Dr. Rota (Eliminated) • Prum • Rabanra • Sanka Ku • Su Roas • Vikal • Zarbuto • Zirloin
Universe 3 members: Biarra • Borareta • Koitsukai • Maji Kayo • Narirama (4 eliminations) • Nigrisshi • Pancea • Paparoni • Pescadilegati • The Preecho
Universe 4 members: Caway • Damom • Dercori • Gamisaras • Ganos • Majora • Monna • Nink • Shantsa • Shosa
Universe 6 members: Botamo • Cabba • Campden • Caulifla • Frost • Hit • Jimeze • Kale • Megetta • Saaz
Universe 7 members: Android 17 • Android 18 • Frieza • Gohan • Goku • Krillin • Master Roshi • Piccolo • Tien Shinhan • Vegeta
Universe 9 members: Basil • Bergamo • Chappil • Comfrey • Hop • Hyssop • Lavender • Oregano • Roselle • Sorrel (Eliminated)
Universe 10 members: Jilcol • Jirasen • Jium • Lilibeu • Methiop • Murichim (Eliminated) • Murisam • Napapa • Obuni • Rubalt
Universe 11 members: Cocotte • Dyspo • Jiren • Kahseral • Kettol • Kunshi • Toppo • Tupper • Vuon (Eliminated) • Zoiray[/spoiler]
In our last chapter, the Tournament of Power got off to a frenzied, frenetic start. Goku was spirited away by a mysterious, gargoyle-like foe, Universe 11 came under attack, as did Gohan's rag-tag group representing Universe 7! Universe 3 struck first blood, Narirama eliminating four competitors with a single attack, but Toppo put the automaton in its place. This tournament is filled with strong fighters possessed of interesting abilities, but who will come out on top?
In the stands, the eliminated fighters receive their scoldings from Gods of Destruction and Supreme Kais alike.

"You pathetic idiot!" Belmod shouts at Vuon, then he addresses the rest of the Pride Troopers in the arena, "There will be surprise attacks left and right! Be! On! Your! Guard!"

"Why did we have to lose a fighter so early in the tournament?" Sidra laments. "Of course it would be you..." Roh fumes. "I... I'm so sorry..." Sorrel is on the verge of tears.

"B-but... I am a Doctor!" Dr. Rota complains. "A doctor of foolishness!" Pell yells, but Helles is more frustrated with Universe 3. "Such dirty tactics," she scowls, "To strike while everyone is off-guard."

Murichim seems shocked to have been eliminated, confused at where he is. Gowasu sighs, telling Rumsshi, "I should have never listened to you..."

Ea is thrilled with Narirama's performance, despite his injuries. "Ah ha ha ha!" he laughs at Helles, "Such is the power of Narirama's Super Survival Mode! Great work, Narirama! Keep knocking them off!"

Whis notes, "Their plan was cunning. Narirama's modifications are certainly something..."

Beerus grunts, "Yes, but if Toppo can handle the machine, so can Goku." Shin can only watch, thinking to himself, is Goku really okay?
~
And speaking of Goku, shrouded in darkness, Goku and his assailant swap blows. While they seem to be fighting on the same arena, there is almost no light, and no other fighters are there to distract them.

"I like this!" Goku seems excited as his opponent blocks one of his punches, "Just you and me! Nice power! What's your name anyway? I'm Goku."

"I don't care who you are," the creature growls, "this dark dimension will be your tomb!"

"Hm, dark dimension, huh?" Goku dodges a fist, then turns away from the creature and blocks a taloned kick while he takes a look around, "Yeah... how do I get out of here anyway?"

The imp grows angry at Goku's inattention and aims a double-talon kick at Goku's neck, "How dare you turn your back to me!!" "Ngaaah!" Goku reacts, just barely dodging the attack in time.

"Hey!" Goku retorts and counterattacks with a spinning roundhouse kick that the gargoyle flies away from, "Shame on you! If you had cut my throat I would have died and your whole universe would have been erased!"

The creature grumbles, "I think you know I'd have never hit with that attack, don't you? Maybe you're too much for me, after all." It begins to fly away, it's wings evaporating into shadowstuff and melding into the darkness that surrounds them.

"Hey!" Goku flies after the imp, "Wait, how do I get out of here?!" but before he can reach him, his foe has disappeared. "Darn it!!" Goku shouts.

"I hope you're not afraid of the dark..." laughs the disembodied voice of the gargoyle, "but don't worry, you won't be bored..." behind Goku, silent as the shadow it seems to be made out of, a black skeletal figure reaches for him. Spooked, Goku turns around in an instant, chopping at the shadow with the side of his hand and cutting through only darkness and smoke. Other shadowy figures begin to emerge, silhouettes of half-rotted zombies, wolfmen, snakes, and bats, and more begin to come out of the shadows. Am I just seeing things? Goku wonders. "They'll keep you company until I can find you a more worthy foe," the voice fades out, taunting Goku one last time.
~
Vegeta powers up to a Super Saiyan and speed blitzes one of Universe 3's shorter automatons, kicks it away, then turns to counter ambush Universe 9's Lavender, cracking the haggard wolf's jaw with a backspinning elbow and sending him skidding across the arena with a right hook. A butterfly girl from Universe 10 flies past, firing a powerful line of blue energy at Vegeta that he barely manages to dodge, leaving a trail of seething smoke rising in its wake. He grits his teeth and thinks, Where has that Kakarot gone? before powering up with blue electricity into the next level of Super Saiyan.
~
Androids 17 and 18 drive back a hulking, green fighter from Universe 4 flying and press their tandem flurry of blows relentlessly, though for the brute's part, he manages to keep up with their speed and defend himself. After a moment of losing ground, the green fighter trips over the fallen dragon's tail before it's been able to push itself back up, and as the Androids descend to strike, the dragon's tail swipes them out of the air with incredible speed. Universe 4's shorter, young-looking fighter with green skin and goggles appears by his much larger ally's side to help him to his feet. "Those two giving you trouble, Nink?" the younger warrior asks. Nink laughs and answers, "Watch this, Ganos!" He keeps laughing as he moves to the dragon's side, grabbing at it, bashing the dragon's head aside as it whips around to bite at him, Nink begins to heave the fallen dragon over his head. Ganos steps back, eyes wide with fear, "Nink, be careful!" but Nink just keeps laughing. The dragon flaps its iron wings, the force knocking Ganos to the ground with ease, but Nink manages to maintain his hold even as, with a few more furious flaps of its wings, the dragon takes off, roaring from the pain of its previous wounds. "Waaaagh!" Nink cries out as he now holds to the side of the dragon for dear life. "Nink!!" Ganos shouts but then the two Androids take notice of him. Ganos in their sights, the two Androids dive back in just as their prey notices the dangerous situation he now finds himself in.
~
"Too slow!" Krillin shouts at Bergamo, dodging the wolf's attempt at a grab while throwing a small, quick ki blast into his eyes and sliding between his legs. Gohan charges in and levels him with a flying haymaker, but says, "Be careful with your ki, Krillin, Bergamo can absorb your energy to become stronger!"

The crustacean from Universe 10 charges at Tien who turns his side, parries the oncoming right hook, and then turns, claps his foe on the back with his left hand, and sends him tripping over his extended right leg. Tien holds a crouching position with open palms as he waits for his foe to stand.

The shadow of the iron dragon passes over Piccolo, Nink struggling to maintain his hold, and the namekian notes it with a briefly concerned furrowed brow before turning his attention back to the cybernetically modified lizard-man from Universe 3. Charging his Special Beam Cannon, Piccolo's been dodging and blocking with only one arm. From point blank range, the modified warrior charges blue ki in its mouth and fires, forcing Piccolo to knock it away with his left hand, giving Universe 3 its perfect opening. Piccolo skips back from the lizard's first swipe, but the follow-up is too fast! With a lunge, the mechanized warrior from Universe 3 throws a punch that bores a hole straight through Piccolo's stomach, emerging covered in purple blood from Piccolo's back! Piccolo groans deep as blood spurts from his mouth, but before the Universe 3 fighter can finish its job, Master Roshi steps forward.

"Lightning Flash..." electricity courses over Roshi's body, occasionally sparking between his hands and the metallic body of the lizard-man, "Surprise Attack!"

Electrified ki energy leaps from Roshi's extended hands to instantaneously engulf Universe 3's warrior, crackling through its body, paralyzing it entirely, not to mention, wreaking havoc on many of its internal electrical systems. Piccolo pulls himself free and coughs up blood as he kneels on the ground.

"Tien! Switch!" Roshi yells, "I can't hold him forever!"

Tien crosses his arms in front of his face, blocking a ki blast from his opponent, then jumps onto the crustacean's head and backflips off, away, to Piccolo's side who continues to concentrate on charging his attack. Tien sizes up the incapacitated lizard-man and powers up, an aura of white energy appearing around him just before he charges at the foe, shoving the mechanical foe back with ease as Roshi maintains his hold. But the old man from Universe 2, the one dressed in red and white superhero costume, sees an opportunity to strike. Simultaneously, the crustacean Tien abandoned closes distance with Piccolo and the aged hero standing on the sidelines flies at Roshi! Piccolo grins and stands to face the challenge, clenching the muscles in his body as he regenerates the damage done to his stomach before kicking the oncoming attacker in the face.

"Tien, I can't hold it!" Roshi shouts before turning to one side and catching a powerful kick from the Universe 2 warrior.

Tien had pushed Universe 3's lizard-man close to the edge of the arena before Roshi had to release his electrical hold, but now Tien found himself facing a foe that seemed to be limiting itself so as not to kill Piccolo only moments before! Tien keeps pushing, his aura flaring even stronger than before, but within seconds, just at the edge of the arena, despite its internal circuitry sparking, the lizard-man finds its footing and puts Tien's charge to a stop. Shocked at his enemy's power, Tien leaps away, holding his hands together close to his chest in a triangle formation.

"Tri-Beam!" Tien yells, "Ha!!"

With electricity still rippling over its body, the lizard-man charges another blast in its mouth to match against Tien's Tri-Beam. Their energy clashes, and for a moment the lizard-man seems to be winning. Tien struggles, screaming louder, and with all of his energy he finds he is able to hold the lizard-man's blast at bay. Suddenly with a small explosion on the lizard-man's side, and a fizzle of electricity, a mechanical failure causes the lizard-man to fall to one knee. "HA!!!" Tien bellows, finally forcing the lizard-man off the fighting stage, leaving Tien exhausted and far away from his allies.

"Special Beam Cannon!!" Piccolo fires his attack at the red-shelled warrior from Universe 10, and it pierces right through the golden armor and smashes the softer red shell underneath. Just as the attack breaks his foe's shell, Piccolo clenches his outstretched hand into a fist causing the ki from his attack to explode sending the enemy flying.

"Oh, wow," Krillin slides away from Bergamo, "that was new! He... he isn't dead is he?"

"No, but I should hope he's out cold," Piccolo replies, walking toward Roshi's fight, "That attack was meant for someone a lot stronger..."

Gohan's eyes scan the spectators' seats and he finds the crustacean seated next to his captain. He smiles before powering up and going on the offensive. "Krillin, I can handle Bergamo, go help Tien!"

"Ha!" Bergamo laughs, "You could barely handle my mangy, little brother! I'll crush you ye--" Gohan interrupts Bergamo, grabbing his arm after dodging his punch and tapping into his full power, an incredible display of white ki rippling around his body. His grip causes Bergamo to falter, reeling from the pain, but despite his every effort, he is unable to free his arm. "On second thought," Gohan says to Krillin, "This guy's starting to tick me off. I'll go after Tien. You just make sure Piccolo and Roshi have this taken care of."

"T-tick you off?!" Bergamo stammers as Gohan powers up even further and spins around faster and faster, kicking up tornado force winds that Krillin raises an arm to shield himself against. Finally Gohan lets Bergamo go, tossing him so far across the arena that he disappears from sight, and then he takes off toward Tien. Krillin chuckles and turns to see how Master Roshi is doing and sees him standing with his boot on the other old man's back, smiling a stupid toothy grin, laughing and making peace signs with both hands.

"Honorless... fool..." Universe 2's warrior manages to spit out just before Roshi goes Max Power and slams a meaty fist into his jaw, eliminating him by knocking him unconscious.
~
A slim, dark-haired human man from Universe 6 stands with Hit, Cabba, and a tall namekian. The human wears a white button up tucked into navy slacks, hands in his pockets, a black watch, sleeves rolled up to the elbows, and a red tie. The namekian has a fin down the middle of his head like a mohawk, wears a black cape with sharp shoulder pads and a dark brown tunic with matching pants, wrapped at the waist with a red sash.

"Steer clear of those costumed characters from Universe 11," Hit tells them, "I will deal with them if I must. And Campden!" he addresses the human, "I know you're interested in Universe 7. They brought humans as well, but if they're anything like their saiyans, I'd steer clear. I'm going to look for the girls," Hit shakes his head, "I'd suggest the three of you watch each others' backs."

Hit disappears in a flash leaving the namekian, Cabba, and Campden. The namekian walks over to Campden's side, "More humans, eh?" he kneels down and puts his hand on Campden's shoulder, smiling like Freeza might smile, "Good. I was beginning to think I'd killed them all." Campden jerks his shoulder away and clenches his fist. "I can't believe you recruited him for this tournament," he says to Cabba, "Hasn't he done enough?" "Campden, we've been over this," Cabba answers, "You know what's at stake." "Yes, Campden," the namekian looms over him, "And those filthy humans must be eliminated if we're to survive!" Campden pushes the namekian hard who stumbles back a step, chuckling, "You stay away from them!" he yells before flying off, adding, "And stay away from me!" Cabba sighs and grinds his foot into the arena. "Nice going, Saaz," he tells the cruel Namekian.
~
"Glow Gun Blaster!" shouts a muscular, green-skinned humanoid from Universe 2 with a beak-like nose and mouth and a shock of long, orange hair. His arm extended, braced by his other hand, energy guns embedded in his forearm and his palm emerge and fire a barrage of green energy at Caulifla who flies directly into them, a flow of golden energy cascading around her as she turns into a Super Saiyan in order to gain the speed with which to block each projectile. Kale, meanwhile, struggles against a massive slab of shiny, reflective marble fashioned into the bulky, crystalline shape of a golem. She punches the monster, also from Universe 2, but only succeeds in hurting herself and giving the creature energy. The surface Kale punched glows blue and a small beam fires from it, catching Kale in the shoulder, knocking her to the ground.

"Caulifla! I'm too weak!" Kale whimpers, pulling herself up pitifully.

Caulifla unleashes a barrage of high-speed punches and kicks, but her opponent blocks them all, his eyes taking a predatory glance toward Kale. "I've seen your strength, Kale!" Caulifla shouts, "I know you can do better than that!"

The stone titan lumbers toward Kale and slams her with a massive, white marble fist, causing her to cry out and knocking her onto her back a few feet away. The beast laughs. "Caulifla, I can't!!"

"Kale, I'm busy!" Caulifla shouts and throws a punch, but her opponent jumps into the air with a smirk and fires another blast toward the mirrored surface of the golem. The golem absorbs the blast and unleashes it on Kale who's barely gotten to her hands and knees. Enraged, electricity dances around Caulifla's body as she ascends to the next level of Super Saiyan, and she flies toward the green, beaked warrior, but before she can enact her vengeance, the shadowy imp that had captured Goku flies into her path, accompanied by a cloud of black energy, tendrils of darkness trailing in his wake. This one may do... the imp thinks, enveloping them both in his dark dimension, and sealing them off from the other fighters as the energy shrinks around them into a tiny black bead before winking out entirely.

As Kale drags herself away from the pair of fighters behind her, blood running down her chin and back, Vegeta watches the whole proceeding with narrowed eyes, holding a large, red-skinned warrior from Universe 10 up by his sleeveless blue shirt, ki blasts exploding in the distance behind him. He throws the barely conscious warrior down and flies toward Universe 2's warriors to get a closer look at what just happened to Caulifla.
~
The imp from Universe 9 flies back into the dark dimension it has created, dropping Caulifla off unceremoniously before it fades into the shadows. Goku fights against a horde of shadow-creatures, and sweat begins to drip from his brow. "I've brought you a guest..." the imp's voice calls to Goku and Goku looks up, noticing Caulifla just as he gets punched in the face. What is this..? Caulifla wonders to herself, but is surprised by a flash of golden energy. "Haaaaa..." Goku's voice grows in intensity as he summons his Super Saiyan aura to blast apart the shadows attacking him, "Ha!!" He stands there, stern-faced, regarding the newcomer coolly. "So that demon brought you here, too, huh?" Caulifla looks around and though she recognizes the stage, she sees no other fighters, and the Daishinkan and Zenos are nowhere to be found. "What is this place?" she asks. Goku becomes comically more relaxed, shrugging his shoulders with his eyes closed. "Donno," he answers. "You must be a friend of Cabba's." She nods, then realization strikes her, and she smiles. "Cabba said there would be strong saiyans at the tournament..." "Mhm..." Goku grins darkly. "Hey!" Caulifla starts and then they both say "Let's fight!" at the same time, rushing towards each other.

With Goku and Caulifla trapped in the dark dimension, Vegeta begins to puzzle out what's happened to his rival, and warriors from across the multiverse continue to showcase strange powers. Who will be eliminated next? Find out next episode!
Last edited by Ziegander on Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: [Fan Fiction] Tournament of Power Remix - Ch. 2: Lights Out! [Complete!]

Post by Ziegander » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:57 pm

That completes chapter 2! Stay-tuned for updates on Ch. 3, I don't have an outline for this guys, I just write what I write. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, no clue when I'll have the third one finished but I already have a few scenes planned. This thing kinda writes itself in a fun way!

To those of you who are reading: Any suggestions for formatting? Should I try to include pictures to spice things up? How do you guys like "Tactical Gohan?" Better than the anime, I hope, without feeling too Gary Stu? Thoughts on the new U6 characters? Thanks again for reading!

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Very interesting. Keep it up!

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:16 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Very interesting. Keep it up!
Thanks for reading! I really hope I'm keeping things tighter/faster paced while making everything still feel like a chaotic battle-royale and trying to do a better job establishing/introducing the other universe's characters. No, they're not going to get a whole lot of fleshing out, at least not if they don't make it to the latter half/end of the tournament, but I hope to at least give many of the new characters personality and a cool moment here and there.

, and here's Ch.
3!