Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by RichardKing2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:00 pm

are there any Dragon ball youtubers you like in particular? or content you see from DB youtubers that you're not really a fan of?

what are your overall opinions on dragon ball youtubers? good or bad?

Zephyr
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Zephyr » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:09 pm

I enjoy Gaffer Tape's Dragon Ball Dissection. It's an interesting and insightful analysis of the story. Remix's WeeklyTubeShow and Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z: Abridged also give me some laughs with their parodies.

Most other Youtubers seem to just react to things, regurgitate information, engage in rampant speculation and theory-crafting, or have versus debates, none of which is terribly interesting to me.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Zephyr wrote:I enjoy Gaffer Tape's Dragon Ball Dissection. It's an interesting and insightful analysis of the story. Remix's WeeklyTubeShow and Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z: Abridged also give me some laughs with their parodies.

Most other Youtubers seem to just react to things, regurgitate information, engage in rampant speculation and theory-crafting, or have versus debates, none of which is terribly interesting to me.
Pretty much these folks plus Ajay with his breakdown of the series' animation. I've also found a Youtuber recently by the name of Kairi Yajuu who's a fairly decent analyst too. Not sure if she's a member here or not, but here's the shout-out regardless. I disagree with a lot of things Super Eyepatch Wolf says, and he's not a DB Youtuber specifically, but I think his Dragon Ball videos are worth the mention even so.

Likewise, I'm not a fan of the vast majority of the remaining others.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:09 pm

D'oh, forgot about Ajay. He definitely puts out good stuff too.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:22 pm

It varies from topic to topic.

Masako X is a solid one, though I admit I'm not one for his fanfictions like "what if Goku married Bulma" and what not.

Geekdom101 has some interesting facts that not many people outside of kanzenshuu know about. And often does colabs with other youtubers, Herms, and even celebs that voice acted or had Dragon Ball affect them in a positive way.

Seththeprogrammer and Chuck the Cyber Cuck are more, well, confrontational when it comes to power scaling (though they don't stick solely to Dragon Ball). They REALLY don't seem to like Comics Explained and Comic Historian.

Quaaman discusses thing more on the various arcs, with theories thrown in here and there.

Totally Not Mark does a lot of countdowns and talks about things like animation and what not.

That's about who I follow for Dragon Ball youtubers.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:25 pm

They are usually were new dragon ball info caught my notice if I didn't see it here first and I always come here to check any info's validity.

So for me they act as a information net, picking up everything I might have missed. Then I take my catch and feed it through my anti-BS machine.....I mean this forum.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:It varies from topic to topic.

Masako X is a solid one, though I admit I'm not one for his fanfictions like "what if Goku married Bulma" and what not.

Geekdom101 has some interesting facts that not many people outside of kanzenshuu know about. And often does colabs with other youtubers, Herms, and even celebs that voice acted or had Dragon Ball affect them in a positive way.

That's about it for me, too (besides TeamFourStar and Kanzenshuu YouTube pages).
MasakoX's fanfics can be entertaining for me (depends on the subject).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:02 am

Geekdom101 is the only one I watch as he actually makes interesting content, the others just scream and laugh about nothing so they're not worth my time.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:22 am

Best 5 DB Youtubers:

1. MistareFusion - I started following his DB Dissection when he was in the Piccolo Daimao arc. This is, in my opinion, by far the best DB related video series on youtube.

2. AnimeAjay - Very informative videos about animation. I never thought it would be so fun to learn so much about the production of the show, so kudos to him for pulling it off.

3. Geekdom101 - Don’t really watch him anymore, but I do occasionally check up on the channel to see if there’s anything that catches my eye. For the more casual fans, his videos are probably the best.

4. Hail Zeon - Isn’t afraid to speak his mind. I enjoy his DB content, even though I don’t agree with everything he has to say.

5. Team Four Star - If you asked me a year or two ago, they would probably be top 3. I’m only placing them here because I used to enjoy their content a lot. I don’t really watch at all anymore, whether it’s gaming or abridged related.

And that’s about it. Out of all of these, I really only watch 3 of them consistently. The other 2 (Geekdom and TFS), I kinda stopped watching but put them on here because I feel they deserve it.

Honorable mention: Rhymestyle - He’s a great guy overall, but I just don’t care for DB gaming content.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:07 am

AnimeAjay: Very informative with his video and I definitely had a lot fun watching it.
    MasakoX: I find his video pretty hilarious especially with the fanfics and I find his what if video interesting.
      Seth the Programmer: Very good with the power scaling and debunk with death battle.
        TFS: They were hilarious I used enjoy their content a lot.
          Geekdom101: His video are good with the casual fan and I like his collaborations with other YouTuber.
            Other YouTubers that I liked: MozillaVulpix,Detective Q, Totally not mark, Hail Zeon,Mistarefusion and Seereax.

BlueBasilisk
            I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:00 pm

I watch Rhyme and Nanogenix for their Dokkan Battle content and Gaffer Tape's Dragon Ball Dissection. That's about it these days.

Jackalope89
            Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:49 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I watch Rhyme and Nanogenix for their Dokkan Battle content and Gaffer Tape's Dragon Ball Dissection. That's about it these days.
            I do check in on Rhymestyle as well. Not so much for Dokkan, but for his Xenoverse 2 news (and quick matches).

KinguKurimuzon
            Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:21 am

I'll occasionally watch TFS or MasakoX, and I like PlagueOfGripes' DB stuff on his totally-not-Dragon-Ball channel, but I'm generally not too fond of the DB Youtube community. It seems to me like most of the stuff they do is report on DB-related news, but since I can get all that info from opening up this site or various other forums, they're pretty much completely irrelevant to me. Also, some of them have catchphrases that are particularly grating to my ears (looking at you, Rhymestyle).
            "Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

JazzMazz
            I Live Here
            Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:56 pm

sintzu wrote:Geekdom101 is the only one I watch as he actually makes interesting content, the others just scream and laugh about nothing so they're not worth my time.
            Surely you don't believe this about all DB youtubers besides Geekdom.

People like Ajayanime and MistareFusion(both of which have Kanzenshuu accounts) are at least 2 examples of DB youtubers that provide interesting content, and two I'd highly recommend.

ZeroNeonix
            Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 am

I generally avoid Dragon Ball content on YouTube, since they often talk about spoilers. Or worse, put the spoilers in their thumbnails and titles. I like to be surprised. There are a few channels that are safe from spoilers though. TFS provides some good laughs in their biannual abridged episodes. I really enjoyed last year's Christmas special. It was hilarious. I also like watching MasakoX. He makes interesting parallels between elements of Dragon Ball and Japanese culture, such as the significance of aura colors. He also creates a lot of what-if scenarios, where he changes one detail of the Dragon Ball lore and sees how much it changes the story down the line. He's working on a new series right now based on his "What if Raditz Turned Good" videos, which he's calling Dragon Ball R & R. It's going to have voice acting and original artwork telling an original story centered around a domesticated Raditz and his family.

sintzu
            Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:30 am

JazzMazz wrote:
            sintzu wrote:Geekdom101 is the only one I watch as he actually makes interesting content, the others just scream and laugh about nothing so they're not worth my time.
            Of course not as I haven't seen everyone nor will I be able to as there are too many but he's the best one among the ones I've come across. I don't watch multiple channels for the same thing so what I get from him is enough when it comes to DB on youtube.
            July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JazzMazz
            I Live Here
            Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:47 am

sintzu wrote:
            JazzMazz wrote:
            Of course not as I haven't seen everyone nor will I be able to as there are too many but he's the best one among the ones I've come across. I don't watch multiple channels for the same thing so what I get from him is enough when it comes to DB on youtube.
            They don't really cover the same things though. While Geekdom is a very news, theory and explanation associated channel, guys like Mistare Fusion and Ajay are more analysis, though in different ways.

Mistare Fusions main bit of DB content is Dragonball dissection, which is bascially a breakdown and analytical analysis of the anime and manga of Dragonball.

Ajayanime is a far more production orientated channel. Though he does handle news stuff, he usually doesn't account for spoilers and more refers to what things from a production standpoint(even though he can do story analysis as well). He has several defining series', his most prominent being Super Staff round-up, in which he breakdowns the production of a Super episode, and his DB Animation Supervisors series, which he reviews the history and work of supervisors that have worked on Dragonball, specifically Super.

Here are some entry video's for Ajays general DB output.

Here's Fusions more general DB content to try out.

I recommend them, they produce widely different content.

GamerSkull
            Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 pm

I only watch MistareFusion/Gaffer Tape's Dissection series. I used to watch DBZ: Abridged but I lost interest in it after the Namek stuff.

Other than that, I generally avoid other YT videos about Dragon Ball. In fact, I hate most youtube anime channels. They rub me the wrong way almost all the time.
            "Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Kamiccolo9
            Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:20 pm

I don't really watch any of them, though I've subscribed to Gaffer Tape and Ajay because they are pretty cool guys. TFS is fun.

The sheer amount of drama that emerges here and elsewhere concerning Geekdom and co. fascinates me, though. No clue why.
            Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
            Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
            Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
            Malik_DBNA wrote:
            Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
            "Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

SuperCyan2
            Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:49 pm

I'm not subscribed to any Dragon Ball YouTubers but there are those times when I'll watch a TFS video, I love MasakoX's Gokû voice as it sounds nearly identical to the original Gokû voice (by Masako Nozawa). I'm a bit excited to see TFS Gohan SSJ2 scene. :)
            Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.