Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Rubens » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:45 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Goku's fight against Freeza was the only match from him remotely entertaining. I've been looking forward for Master and Student to finally face off.
Agreed. Not to mention that this is probably the match that will tell us where Goku's power is about, since so far he only got weak opponents.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Can't wait to see Vegeta's new form that's supposedly better than SS3.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Oob should actually have a decent shot, but seeing as how he had trouble with Fat Boo, I don't see him taking this unless he can pump up Kaioken to ridiculous levels.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Rubens wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Goku's fight against Freeza was the only match from him remotely entertaining. I've been looking forward for Master and Student to finally face off.
Agreed. Not to mention that this is probably the match that will tell us where Goku's power is about, since so far he only got weak opponents.
We know how strong Goku is here, since Slagir subscribes to the theory of diminishing returns. He's not all that much stronger from the Boo Saga ten years ago.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Gog wrote:
Rubens wrote:
We know how strong Goku is here, since Slagir subscribes to the theory of diminishing returns. He's not all that much stronger from the Boo Saga ten years ago.
I've never heard of this theory, it doesn't make sense that someone like Goku hasn't made substantial gains in ten years, and then what about Vegeta's supposed new form if diminishing returns is in effect?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:25 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Gog wrote:
Rubens wrote: Agreed. Not to mention that this is probably the match that will tell us where Goku's power is about, since so far he only got weak opponents.
I've never heard of this theory, it doesn't make sense that someone like Goku hasn't made substantial gains in ten years, and then what about Vegeta's supposed new form if diminishing returns is in effect?
Well, it comes from this statement from Slagir, there's probably more than this, but for the time being this is all I can find:

[spoiler]> dragonball noob : P.s- Its like teling me my limit of doing push-ups is 10 and no matter how hard I try and workout I will never be able to do 11 push-ups.
Muahahah ! I can do 12 push-ups, and only using half of my powers !
Hu... what I wanted to say is...
You train a lot and go to 1000 push ups, that's your limit. OK. Train again and you may do 1003. Or 1039. Even 1076. That's incredible. But you're not going to do 2000. Nope.

I'm talking about limits for that. The heroes have surpassed the gods, and are not far from the strongest being in the universe and all times (Buu). What's even the meaning of getting stronger again and again? It's in fact... not even fun to me as a scenarist.
No limits are cool for enemies, for challenges. Broly becoming always stronger is a challenge. But I should never give this power to a hero. After that, what's left? He is stronger ? Let's go SSJ5, SSJ7, fusion mystic SSJ39... It's so uninteresting...
Limits are challenging. That's why I use limits.[/spoiler]

Anyway, fun fact! For a time period Slagir did believe that 530K was Finial Form Freeza's Full Power.

Edit: Review for the fight, honestly this battle was a massive disappointment in all categories. With Raichi coming out looking like he was an incompetent fool. It also doesn't make Gast look any better considering Raichi had to be dumbed down in order for Gast to beat him in a smart and pragmatic way. It also stings that Gast was the one who beat Raichi as Raichi was a fully realized character, with a fleshed out personality, and Gast is just a silent badass.. And that's it he wants to revive his people, and that's where it ends he's a one trick pony.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:42 pm

That diminishing returns theory, if I'm not mistaken, basically states if a character maintains the same training routine over and over (even if it got a great boost of power at first), the gains it gets are increasingly less that at some point it won't make it stronger, just maintain the peak of power. At least this is my perception of it.
Still, it doesn't mean that Goku can't be much stronger than he was back in Boo arc. It's possible that he could have "mastered" SSj3 or something like that. The point is, as viewers we haven't really had the chance to see Goku's true strength in DBM, other than reactions and feedback from him or other characters.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:01 pm

The thing about this "diminishing returns" theory is that apparently Vegeta isn't subbing to that. And he's got a brand new form to show everyone and we all know the tropes, he will match Goku. It's kind of lame that this whole new transformation will only push him to an apparently petered out Goku. Goku Barely any stronger than Kid Buu after 10 years? Vegeta's new transformation will only get him that far? What a lame multiplier.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 pm

FoolsGil wrote:The thing about this "diminishing returns" theory is that apparently Vegeta isn't subbing to that. And he's got a brand new form to show everyone and we all know the tropes, he will match Goku. It's kind of lame that this whole new transformation will only push him to an apparently petered out Goku. Goku Barely any stronger than Kid Buu after 10 years? Vegeta's new transformation will only get him that far? What a lame multiplier.
I'm thinking Vegeta will dominate either Goku or Cell abd either way Goku will copy during the fight.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:08 pm

coola wrote:Image
That's a nice page. Really looking foward for that match.

One of my biggest gripes with GT is that taking the first episode we got nothing more from the supposed master and student bound Goku and Oob formed after EoZ.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:29 am

After watching Kale in DBSuper 100, I'm even more convinced that the Toei writers are getting ideas from DB Multiverse. Right down to the random Broly energy blasts being tossed around the arena at the other competitors.
I play baseball and work in LA.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:59 pm

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:04 pm

wonder if Zen Buu's gonna hijack Babidi's plan somehow

wouldn't put it beyond him to do it

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:39 am

testing223 wrote:After watching Kale in DBSuper 100, I'm even more convinced that the Toei writers are getting ideas from DB Multiverse. Right down to the random Broly energy blasts being tossed around the arena at the other competitors.
Any similarities seem pretty coincidental, mostly because both are drawing from the same source material and throwing a barrage of energy blasts every which way is a pretty Broly thing to do. If anything, I'd bet the Hunger Games is a bigger influence on Super's current arc.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 am

TonyTheTiger wrote:
testing223 wrote:After watching Kale in DBSuper 100, I'm even more convinced that the Toei writers are getting ideas from DB Multiverse. Right down to the random Broly energy blasts being tossed around the arena at the other competitors.
Any similarities seem pretty coincidental, mostly because both are drawing from the same source material and throwing a barrage of energy blasts every which way is a pretty Broly thing to do. If anything, I'd bet the Hunger Games is a bigger influence on Super's current arc.
Wouldn't be the first time DBS was inspired by fanworks. Look at Goku Black

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:48 am

That's hardly a good comparison considering Turles was a thing.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:06 am

Daisetsu wrote:That's hardly a good comparison considering Turles was a thing.
Turles is not even remotely close to Black and Zamasu as they are to Zaiko and her Kaioshin mother from Toyble's AF trough.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:42 pm

MisteryOne wrote:
Daisetsu wrote:That's hardly a good comparison considering Turles was a thing.
Turles is not even remotely close to Black and Zamasu as they are to Zaiko and her Kaioshin mother from Toyble's AF trough.
Personality wise, no but concept wise he fits the Evil Goku role Tullece filled to a T. You're 100% right that they're more like Zaiko and Kaiomom from AF, though.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:34 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Turles is not even remotely close to Black and Zamasu as they are to Zaiko and her Kaioshin mother from Toyble's AF trough.
Didn't Toyotaro used to be a fanfic writer by the name of Toyble? If so, he HIMSELF was the writer of Zaiko and Evil!East Supreme Kai. Considering how closely Toriyama and Toyotaro work now, that may be why there seems to be so many parallels.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:05 pm

I feel like Xicor and Black have nothing in common with each other expect for they are link with a evil Kaioshin. Even the West Kaioshin has different goals in mind than Zamasu. West Kaioshin in Toyable's AF wanted to create the most powerful warrior in the Universe after Goku defeated Freeza while Zamasu and Black want to wipe out mortals.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/