Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Bardock is kinda like Vegeta's Merlin

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Can we take some time to appreciate just how far BK-81 has come as an artist just through these two specials alone? Seriously, look at that Raichi face in the last panel. The composition! The shading! The sheer amount of malice etched across that face The way his nose isn't just "generic anime nose" like in many actual anime!

Seriously, everyone give this man a big hand :) !
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:12 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
coola wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:Kind of curious as to how ashamed Vegeta will, or will not, be. On one hand, he's using what most would count as a cheap trick. But on the other hand, Broly's literally invincible! That's kind of cheap in and of itself. That, and Vegeta DID effectively beat him in hand-to-hand combat, back when they were fighting at the same level...

What do you all think?
Honestly, i don't understand how Vegeta pride works, he kept talking about it, yet on Namek he had no problems blinding Zarbon with sand, teaming up with Earthling, he even said to Guldo "In battle there is no such thing as fair play" (After he decapitated Guldo with sneak attack while he was busy fighting Gohan and Kuririn :) )
Vegeta's Pride back then is probably like Zamasu's self righteousness. He's completely deluded and will do whatever mental gymnastics he need to, to justify his actions. There are tons of people in real life that do this, their the hero of their own little story and they cannot possible do anything wrong or contradictory to how great they believe themselves to be.

Part of his growth is him just getting over himself.
Given that he never claims about other people being cheap, I don't see how he's deluded. Using dirty tactics is just plain smart

He probably prides himself on having the sense to cheap shot people.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:38 pm

For universe 3, I would have made this universe revolve around the sayain empire.
Basically, as follows:
- the diversion starts with Freeza dying to the sayains. Only difference is in my version, King vegeta is the strongest sayain while bardock being a close 2nd. Therefore, bardock convinces vegeta of the threat and king vegeta works out a millitary operation to take down Freeza (vegeta is a populist military leader who led the sayain to beat the tuffles so it makes sense how he'll lead the sayains to beat Freeza instead of bardock).

- Once their operation works, the remnant of Freeza's army led by ginyu will go to fight the sayains. This was one tougher since it was a battle and not just a military operation that either works without any sayains dying or fails and all sayains dying. Many lives lost, but the sayains come out victorious including and awesome finale as great ape barodck and king vegeta work together to defeat ginyu.
Power levels:
Bardock: 10,000
King vegeta: 11,000
Ginyu: 120,000

- Cooler asked cold to go down there and kill off the sayains, but cold wanted to wait until the sayains had start to build peace and empire in which then they will strike. He saw it as the best source of revenge, best to take out an empire during its prime and tranquility instead of them when they are growing and running on adrenaline.

- For next 12 years, the sayains conqurered all of Freeza's empower. King vegeta remaining king, while Bardock ascended to become like a chancelor and specifcally lead the technoloigcal department of sayains.
What happened to goku (kakarot) and broly?
Well, since Vegeta listened to bardock, he temporarily stopped ALL SAYAINS babies from shooting to different planets to focus on this millitary coup. He reascended his order to kill broly and use all the sayains to defeat Freeza. Once they had wiped out all of Freeza's soldiers and men. Bardock specifically worked out a deal with paragus and broly, and sent them off to a neighboring planet where they'd be given the best training equipment, infrastructure, food etc. As well as they'd be sent many differnt type of alien creature to inhabit the planet so broly can be entertained. Also, there will be technology in the development as well as sorcery from different cultures they have enslaved sent to work on broly's anger. control. This is all to ensure paragus and broly are satisfied and don't rebel against the new sayain empire. However, they will also be censored heavily by vegeta palace for any sign of treason. If a hint of conspiracy of rebellion, paragus will be executed. Broly and paragus will live on their given planet in peace and isolation, from the rest of sayains for the next like 25 years.
Since goku is the son of high chancellor bardock, he gets to stay on planet vegeta and trained as royal elite even if he's low class. Radditzs works on developing his science skills.

- Once the 12 years have passed, the sayains go into an era of rebuild. This is where they are re-colonizing all of Freeza's empire into their own. There are no galatic conquring, just growth of empire. During this time, vegeta Jr. has grown into the strongest sayain by far (bar-broly of course). Nappa has grown quite powerful as well being vegeta's 2nd hand man. Vegeta Jr. is crowned king of the sayains. During the era of peace and prosper, nothing much happens but this:
-King vegeta does away with "chancelor" and he's the king without any share of power.
- King vegeta wants to kill broly, but heavy push-back from bardock and vegeta senior makes him relent on his wishes
- King vegeta becomes a very un-popular king among the sayain people because of his overt self-centered ness and lack of care or appcriation for the people he rules. Vegeta senior kinda -takes the role of head of state since he is popular among the sayains
- Kakarot, son of bardock, grows very strong during the time of peace and eventually becomes king vegeta's 2nd "personal assistant". First is Nappa.
- Except for few, most of the sayains, inculduing vegeta senior, stay reletive same in power level if not slightly weakened during this period of "peace and prsoper"
After about 13 years (which would correspond to about the sayain saga era in dragon ball universe 4,6,7,8,12,15,16,18), bardock recives his vision and informs the king.
Cold and Cooler are coming...

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:14 pm

Saiga wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
coola wrote: Honestly, i don't understand how Vegeta pride works, he kept talking about it, yet on Namek he had no problems blinding Zarbon with sand, teaming up with Earthling, he even said to Guldo "In battle there is no such thing as fair play" (After he decapitated Guldo with sneak attack while he was busy fighting Gohan and Kuririn :) )
Vegeta's Pride back then is probably like Zamasu's self righteousness. He's completely deluded and will do whatever mental gymnastics he need to, to justify his actions. There are tons of people in real life that do this, their the hero of their own little story and they cannot possible do anything wrong or contradictory to how great they believe themselves to be.

Part of his growth is him just getting over himself.
Given that he never claims about other people being cheap, I don't see how he's deluded. Using dirty tactics is just plain smart

You think so, from his mocking of Gero when he descided to withdraw to taunted foes just like he old enemies had done to him only to likewise have it blow up in his face then have the frount whine about it, he comes off as very delusional at times, especially with his Super Saiyan power in the android arc, because he somehow thinks, despite what he's seen happen to other people or he has done to other people, that the same thing cannot possible happen to him despite it already having happened to him more then once.

What the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Can we take some time to appreciate just how far BK-81 has come as an artist just through these two specials alone? Seriously, look at that Raichi face in the last panel. The composition! The shading! The sheer amount of malice etched across that face The way his nose isn't just "generic anime nose" like in many actual anime!

Seriously, everyone give this man a big hand :) !
Yeah, I'll give him props, he really leveled up during this time period And I'll give props to the writer of this. While I did question a couple things, this was still one of the better written specials we've seen, and it was really interesting.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:57 pm

Saiga wrote: Given that he never claims about other people being cheap, I don't see how he's deluded. Using dirty tactics is just plain smart

Yeha, despite what later arcs would have you believe, Saiyans never had a sense of honor. This is also why Raditz, who admonishes Goku for not having the pride of a Saiyan, is totally willing to beg for his life and then backstab Goku when the latter he shows mercy. He actually outright says that being willing to do so makes him a better warrior than Goku. It's why he calls himself a first-class warrior.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:05 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Saiga wrote: Given that he never claims about other people being cheap, I don't see how he's deluded. Using dirty tactics is just plain smart

Yeha, despite what later arcs would have you believe, Saiyans never had a sense of honor. This is also why Raditz, who admonishes Goku for not having the pride of a Saiyan, is totally willing to beg for his life and then backstab Goku when the latter he shows mercy. He actually outright says that being willing to do so makes him a better warrior than Goku. It's why he calls himself a first-class warrior.
Vegeta himself also had no problem with cheap tactics, since while fighting Zarbon, their second fight I believe, he threw sand in Zarbon's eyes, even Goku didn't really have that much of a problem with playing dirty since in tournaments he went for ring outs (Which he hypocritically complains when that winged dinosaur tries it on him) or attacking someone's eye, the saiyan sense of honor/saiyan pride for fights only came after those, specificaly in androids arc, specialy when Vegeta says that no saiyan warrior would wanna win by cheap tactic (Specificaly he was talking about throwing a senzu to Goku so he could fight Cell better).
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:15 pm

Judging by the cover of the latest chapter, it looks like we’ll be getting yet ANOTHER main chapter before we get back to the Tournament. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m losing interest fast. I just want to get to the quarter-finals at this point.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:53 am

OhHiRenan wrote:Judging by the cover of the latest chapter, it looks like we’ll be getting yet ANOTHER main chapter before we get back to the Tournament. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m losing interest fast. I just want to get to the quarter-finals at this point.
The pace sucks, page at a time versus chapter sucks, and too many specials is annoying tho I understand why they do it.

But this riot is more interesting then the remaining fights. Vegetas fights and Goku and Vegetas inevitable fight will be boring.

I'm dreading the inevitable foreshadowed wank that Vegeta will be somehow be stronger, at least functionally so than ultimate gohan or adult Gotenks.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:13 am

OhHiRenan wrote:Judging by the cover of the latest chapter, it looks like we’ll be getting yet ANOTHER main chapter before we get back to the Tournament. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m losing interest fast. I just want to get to the quarter-finals at this point.
3 flashback chapters in a row? Damn, I know DBM's pacing is atrocious, but making it worse ain't the way to solve it, good thing I wait a long time to read it each time.
TobyS wrote:The pace sucks, page at a time versus chapter sucks, and too many specials is annoying tho I understand why they do it.

But this riot is more interesting then the remaining fights. Vegetas fights and Goku and Vegetas inevitable fight will be boring.

I'm dreading the inevitable foreshadowed wank that Vegeta will be somehow be stronger, at least functionally so than ultimate gohan or adult Gotenks.
Nah don't think so, Salagir doesn't look like he wants Goku and Vegeta to get that much stronger, though he could be lying or he just changed his mind...
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:37 am

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:17 am

"I used to be a Space Warrior like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..." :lol:
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:19 am

Who do you think took of Nappa's leg, Mary sue? One of the armoured people? Other Videl?

Are U9 bulma and Trunks real outside the novel?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:29 pm

TobyS wrote:Who do you think took of Nappa's leg, Mary sue? One of the armoured people? Other Videl?

Are U9 bulma and Trunks real outside the novel?
Didn't Gohan sense that Videl was in trouble? It's been so long since then, though, I can't remember if he's currently prevented from going to her rescue.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:57 pm

Here's 18 Bra and 18 Videl's adventure:

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Thanks for the recap, I actually had to go back and re-read the previous main chapter(s)... After these two consecutive special chapters I completly lost track of the story.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:41 pm

One thing to compliment Asura on is that they don't trace as much as every other fanmanga does. Even DBM did it a bit at the start, but they got away from that habit over the years.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:11 pm

Awkward for Videl there.

And, do the creators just like having big, stupid, bald guys beat the crap out of her or what?

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:29 pm

If anyone is interested or bored, I made an abridged version of the recent U3 special :D.