The Harmony Gold Dub & Broadcast Audio Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: The Harmony Gold Dub & Broadcast Audio Discussion Thread

Post by superrayman3 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:12 am

RaGe0323 wrote:Well, I wasn't expecting to see my channel here. I made a transcript of what I could hear:
In the beginning of time, before the land or the water, (???) fire. A fire- But it's said they begin to (???) Dragon God, who can be called forth only when the seven magic Dragon Balls, are now scattered over the face of the (???) At that time, the Dragon God will appear (?) that found them, and grant them one wish. Then the balls will be scattered to the forewind, and the beast will return to its fiery lair-(???) And bring them together, once again.
I can fill in the missing gaps for this, someone who saw part 1 of the takarajima rip that was uploaded to youtube before that part got blocked shared a transcript of the opening narration with me via email a while back (I'd forgotten that I had this because of life circumstances)
"In the beginning of time before the land or the water there existed fire a powerful fire that burns on to this day deep within the core of the earth, it is said that within this heart of fire there dwells a dragon god who can be called forth only when the seven magic dragon balls now scattered over the face of the earth are found and brought together, at that time the dragon god will appear to he that found them and grant him one wish, then once more the balls will be scattered to the four winds and the beast will return to his fiery lair there to sleep in peace until another brave or foolish soul re-discovers the balls and brings them together once again."
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

RaGe0323

Post by RaGe0323 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:53 pm

superrayman3 wrote:I can fill in the missing gaps for this, someone who saw part 1 of the takarajima rip that was uploaded to youtube before that part got blocked shared a transcript of the opening narration with me via email a while back (I'd forgotten that I had this because of life circumstances)
Actually, it IS the takarajima rip. I restored the first portion of the movie from it. And I found it on archive.org, when I searched for the dub because I was bored. it has all five parts and even a torrent.
(bootleg link removed by administrator)
Other Social Accounts:

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:09 pm

RaGe0323 wrote:
superrayman3 wrote:I can fill in the missing gaps for this, someone who saw part 1 of the takarajima rip that was uploaded to youtube before that part got blocked shared a transcript of the opening narration with me via email a while back (I'd forgotten that I had this because of life circumstances)
Actually, it IS the takarajima rip. I restored the first portion of the movie from it. And I found it on archive.org, when I searched for the dub because I was bored. it has all five parts and even a torrent.
(bootleg link removed by administrator)
I checked with the guy who sent me the transcript and I was wrong he actually can't remember where he saw the version he did (this was actually a while back like about two years ago but they did verify that the source is not the same so this whole thing might be a foul up on my part for not getting more info at the time :( they sent the transcript to me).

Edit: I just sent the clip off to takarajima for investigation and now we wait and see what he says it's possible I was wrong about this whole thing but I'll let him verify before jumping to conclusions.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:19 am

Can anyone point to me where I can find Kei's audio that he has released (I only have ep 95 I had the last episode of Dragon Ball but when my hardrive crashed I losed it) I want to try syncing it with the singles.

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:25 am

I'm disappointed that Kei17 moved the preview in episode #095 to its incorrect position of after the end credits for the original broadcast audio.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:43 am

DB1984 wrote:I'm disappointed that Kei17 moved the preview in episode #095 to its incorrect position of after the end credits for the original broadcast audio.
I beleive it was pre-edited to time to the dragon box for people to use :D Nothing a little audacity can't fix if you'd wish to revert it ;)

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:49 am

The only problem is that I would lose picture quality, because Windows Movie Maker is the only thing I can use.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:31 pm

DB1984 wrote:The only problem is that I would lose picture quality, because Windows Movie Maker is the only thing I can use.
Have you used a trial of Premiere Pro yet? If not, use that to edit it

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:21 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:
DB1984 wrote:The only problem is that I would lose picture quality, because Windows Movie Maker is the only thing I can use.
Does the full version cost money? Is it free?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:04 pm

I use Avidemux and Shotcut for my video editing needs. Both are free.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:11 pm

DB1984 wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:
Does the full version cost money? Is it free?
The full version is a monthly payment sort of thing, but the trial version lasts for 30 days and as far as I know, it has almost all of the features of the full version

gogeta97
Beyond Newbie

Post by gogeta97 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:54 am

Forgive me if this is a stupid/inappropriate question but what all has kei17 released to the public? At least in regards to broadcast audio that is. I have only been able to find episode 153 of DB and 95 of DBZ.

I also ask this because I have recently managed to nag the broadcast audio for episodes 1 and 2 of DBZ and would be willing to share, but I don't how I can/am allowed to do so.
fadeddreams5 wrote:At this point, that time machine is symbolic to how fans feel about Super. We hope it gets better, but ultimately find ourselves going back in time to a better series.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:03 am

The broadcast audio for DBZ ep 1 and 2 (along with a dozen others) have been released online before, synced to level sets video, so they lack neps.

Where did you get the audio? Online? First gen tape? fansub tape?
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

gogeta97
Beyond Newbie

Post by gogeta97 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:10 am

Danfun64 wrote:The broadcast audio for DBZ ep 1 and 2 (along with a dozen others) have been released online before, synced to level sets video, so they lack neps.

Where did you get the audio? Online? First gen tape? fansub tape?
I got them from a friend who said the found them online a while back. They were synced to the Level sets but did have NEPs with footage from the Dragon Boxes spliced in. Nothing too new I guess. If you have these other episodes could you possibly shoot me a PM?
fadeddreams5 wrote:At this point, that time machine is symbolic to how fans feel about Super. We hope it gets better, but ultimately find ourselves going back in time to a better series.

bman78

Post by bman78 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:31 am

I know that this is somewhat irrelevant and I am necroposting, but is there any way or anywhere where I can get the Zero Y El Dragon Magico VHS tape? I want it because, reasons.

and what's the progress report on the HG and Broadcast audio projects?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:49 am

I didn't know there was a "progress report" for the Harmony Gold dub and the Broadcast audio, but I might as well repeat what I know.

Both the entirety of the English and Español Latino Harmony Gold double features have been uploaded to the internet. A few episodes of Zero y el Dragón Mágico have also been uploaded to the internet. The Latino dub for the double feature and the first few episodes use the Harmony Gold footage and English dub, and whenever someone is talking it switches to stock music. Most of the episodes of Zero y el Dragón Mágico, however, use M&E audio and may or may not be uncut. Finally, there is a clip of the english HG dub of episode 1 (one of the episodes where the latino version that hasn't been uploaded, apparently) uploaded by Kei17, who is holding on to the Broadcast Audio and Harmony Gold dub with an iron fist, at this point only willing to share with Funi and Toei.

As for where to find that tape... maybe someone on these forums is willing to give it to you, as I can't find any links to anywhere else that may have the tapes...
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

bman78

Post by bman78 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:25 am

Danfun64 wrote:I didn't know there was a "progress report" for the Harmony Gold dub and the Broadcast audio, but I might as well repeat what I know.

Both the entirety of the English and Español Latino Harmony Gold double features have been uploaded to the internet. A few episodes of Zero y el Dragón Mágico have also been uploaded to the internet. The Latino dub for the double feature and the first few episodes use the Harmony Gold footage and English dub, and whenever someone is talking it switches to stock music. Most of the episodes of Zero y el Dragón Mágico, however, use M&E audio and may or may not be uncut. Finally, there is a clip of the english HG dub of episode 1 (one of the episodes where the latino version that hasn't been uploaded, apparently) uploaded by Kei17, who is holding on to the Broadcast Audio and Harmony Gold dub with an iron fist, at this point only willing to share with Funi and Toei.

As for where to find that tape... maybe someone on these forums is willing to give it to you, as I can't find any links to anywhere else that may have the tapes...
I see. I wish this project good luck.

I think at least 2 of the members in this thread have it, but both haven't been active recently.Thanks anyway!

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:23 pm

I've heard they dubbed the first 5 or so episodes and aired them together with the movies.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

bman78

Post by bman78 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:52 pm

Danfun64 wrote:I didn't know there was a "progress report" for the Harmony Gold dub and the Broadcast audio, but I might as well repeat what I know.

I was more or less talking about that audio tape Harmony Gold has, did no one buy it yet?

DerekPadula
Regular

Post by DerekPadula » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Nobody has purchased the audio tape from Harmony Gold yet. It would likely cost $500 to buy the tape, have it baked, and make the audio accessible. That's what Tommy Yune, the President of Harmony Gold, told me about 3 or 4 years ago. I presume the tape is still sitting in their vault.

If somebody here wants to buy it, then let me know and I can arrange the deal. Or if you want to do a kickstarter or some sort of fundraiser outside of this forum, then that's up to you. I'll help however I can.

But to reiterate, there is no way to know what's on the tape until you buy it. It could be lost episodes, movies, or a bunch of crap. That said, it's the only one in the world, so it could be a fun way to spend some excess cash.

Regarding the broadcast audio, the ball is in Kei's court. He's gathered tapes from fans all over Japan, recorded the audio for the entire series, and placed it on a hard drive for delivery to FUNimation. Toei doesn't want it because in their words, 'they already have Kai.' As a result, Christopher Sabat is excited to receive it, but makes no promises that it will ever be used in an official release.

Unfortunately, Kei hasn't communicated with me in over two months. I have his email and his twitter, but he doesn't respond. If anybody knows how to reach him, please do. All that's left is to send it to Sabat.
Author of Dragon Ball Culture and the It's Over 9,000! book: https://thedaoofdragonball.com/books and The Dao of Dragon Ball website: https://thedaoofdragonball.com/blog