Your least liked character/villain/transformation designs

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Your least liked character/villain/transformation design

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:16 pm

SSJ4 Broly made me lose a little bit of faith in humanity. :|
Just... why? :sick:

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:20 pm

Demigra's demon form. It looks like nothing that I could imagine fitting into DB's universe. Looks like something out of an entirely different franchise altogether.

Hot Rod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hot Rod » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Since Broly is a predominant one in this topic, I will remind you of this one to add into your collection. :P

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:57 pm

I have to say SSJ3. There is little to nothing that I like about this form at all. The design to me is just ugly from the needlessly long hair that just screams grab me in a fight to the eyebrows being replaced by muscle just makes Goku look like a blonde long haired neanderthal. Some say Super Saiyan 2 barely changed anything, Super Saiyan 3 changes way too much and ends up looking ridiculous. Not to mention it accomplishes next to nothing in most of its uses.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:SSJ4 Broly made me lose a little bit of faith in humanity. :|
I've never understood the logic of his SSJ3 and SSJ4 forms. Why do they use the LSSJ appearance over his base form? O_o
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Freeza's third form is effing stupid. There I said it.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:12 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
I've never understood the logic of his SSJ3 and SSJ4 forms. Why do they use the LSSJ appearance over his base form? O_o
Because take away the hulking muscles and Broly is as forgettable as any other movie villain in DBZ.

Take this away and you remove the one thing that people find interesting about the character. This form literally defines everything the character is. He cant be popular without it.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:30 am

I think all of Toryama's manga designs are really strong, and it's one of his greatest assets as an artist. The man is an incredible character designer.

In the franchise at large, probably Bojack or Super Andriod 13. Those two are about as generic as they come (I believe Toriyama designed Bojack, making it one of his weakest). They're quite boring.

Brolli has a great design, which I'm fairly certain was also done by Toriyama. Just the right amount of simplicity and distinct elements. Although it may help that he's genuinely frightening in his first film.

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:16 am

Hot Rod wrote:Since Broly is a predominant one in this topic, I will remind you of this one to add into your collection. :P

Wait a minute... why did his jewellery grow in size with him?

Dotogam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dotogam » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:22 am

I will Admit that I hate the Golden Frieza Design. I enjoyed almost none of the new character designs in FnF. I did enjoy Gohan and Tenshinhan's though.
How I relax, crawling into bed with my laptop and browsing Kanzenshuu.

BoosterZabi

Post by BoosterZabi » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:19 pm

Movie designs by far. Especially Cooler's. Not much thought into it outside of the of the standard movie meat-head that was brought up in this thread. At least Freeza's previous forms (2nd and 3rd) were both created as parodies/references a common theme when Toriyama creates characters.

In regards to Golden Freeza. I thought it was perfect in a design choice. Freeza's final form is a hallmark and has been so for the past 25 years. There was no actual reason to stray too far off from his final form. Plus, it's his version of a Super Saiyan and decided to make it gold as to mock Goku that has transcended as well.
Cipher wrote:I think all of Toryama's manga designs are really strong, and it's one of his greatest assets as an artist. The man is an incredible character designer.

In the franchise at large, probably Bojack or Super Andriod 13. Those two are about as generic as they come (I believe Toriyama designed Bojack, making it one of his weakest). They're quite boring.

Brolli has a great design, which I'm fairly certain was also done by Toriyama. Just the right amount of simplicity and distinct elements. Although it may help that he's genuinely frightening in his first film.
I don't think he made the initial concepts. He might have assisted with them when the idea was brought to him. He doesn't much time into the thought of making the characters since he was so preoccupied making the manga and the film festival's were every 6 months thus he had to rush them.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:26 pm

Vijay wrote:Yi Xing Long, Omega Shenron or whatever his name was

By FAR, most disgusting piece of shit.

Garbage villain with puke-inducing character design.

Not to forget his god awful voice (i respect Hidekatsu Shibata's work in FMAB as Bradley, but it seemed like it was the only worthy role he has played. He's been type-cast in so many similar roles that its boring as shit)

Never before had a "thing" ever annoyed me to such extent

And his OvetPowering by certain section of fans (like how he ROFL STomped SSJ4, easily da strongest Saiyan form in existence) doesnt improve his imagr either

Just strip his Ball's absorbed powers like Regen, Dragon Thunder etc & you'll watch Buuhan fartin all over this shit
Wow, very objective point of view!
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Vijay wrote:Yi Xing Long, Omega Shenron or whatever his name was

By FAR, most disgusting piece of shit.

Garbage villain with puke-inducing character design.

Not to forget his god awful voice (i respect Hidekatsu Shibata's work in FMAB as Bradley, but it seemed like it was the only worthy role he has played. He's been type-cast in so many similar roles that its boring as shit)

Never before had a "thing" ever annoyed me to such extent

And his OvetPowering by certain section of fans (like how he ROFL STomped SSJ4, easily da strongest Saiyan form in existence) doesnt improve his imagr either

Just strip his Ball's absorbed powers like Regen, Dragon Thunder etc & you'll watch Buuhan fartin all over this shit
I don't know if English is your native language, but your posts are typically full of typos and basic grammatical errors. We ask in the forum rules that you put more effort into typing properly, which you agreed to upon registration.
-Rachel

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:02 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Freeza's third form is effing stupid. There I said it.
I don't dislike it that much on its own, but the inspiration from Alien's Xenomorphs was rather too obvious and the form didn't really fit all other forms.
It's like it screams at you "I'm a stupid meathead hulk smash!" :sick: :sick: :sick: And I'm a massive fanboy of SSJ4 design theme, but Broly can not only diminish collective worldwide IQ but aslo otherwise-cool designs :?

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Broly's design is too simple to really screw up.

My least favorite design is probably Captain Ginyu

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:16 am

Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:37 pm

I don't want to call it the LSSJ transformation. I don't like the fact that LSSJ Broly looks so unreasonably tall and muscular...

It's not technically a transformation but Frieza should have atleast not just change his colours...
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

TheUltimateVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:Demigra's demon form. It looks like nothing that I could imagine fitting into DB's universe. Looks like something out of an entirely different franchise altogether.
No to me, he does kinda look like an evil Porunga or Yakon.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

Shoryuken
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shoryuken » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:48 am

I don't mind the design of Demigra and his true form, but as everyone have said in this thread he feels like the odd-one-out more akin to what you'd expect Toriyama would design for a Dragon Quest boss.

In regards to least liked design, I'm on the Brolly-bandwagon. IMO would've been nice to see a regular SSJ3 Brolly rather than the hulked-up LSSJ3.
これはシグネチャではない
Personal blog - myriadleaves.eu

Dotogam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dotogam » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:33 am

I will admit. I really like Broli's base design. But his LSSJ and LSSJ3 (or something) look absolutely ridiculous. I though someone with such a majestic design (especially in his SSJ) should be the main villain or M8. Or use that Green Aura Base Form as the LSSJ. Broli's LSSJ form must be one of the most Overkill designs.
How I relax, crawling into bed with my laptop and browsing Kanzenshuu.