Your Dragonball-related guilty pleasures

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:50 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:I do the arm motions to "fire" a Kamehameha at my sister CONSTANTLY.

It annoys her to no end.
I did this to my sister till she started to cry. I felt bad after.
Dragon Ball Famicon/Super Famicom game scans : HERE

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 am

hunterxhunter21 wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:I do the arm motions to "fire" a Kamehameha at my sister CONSTANTLY.

It annoys her to no end.

I just moon my sister ala Kid Trunks in the Broly movies.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Post by sumpter360 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Sometimes, I 'power-up' in the mirror and watch my muscles grow... :lol:
I am neither subbie nor dubbie, I am all that is good: I am a FANBOY!

PSN ID (on PS4): sumpter360
YouTube Account: TheDbG33K
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/dbG33K
Tumblr Blog: http://g33kout.tumblr.com

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:47 am

Shit like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrEYS9WK0JI

I know it's terrible in pretty much every way possible, but it's fucking hilarious all the same. There are a number of things along these horrible lines that I love but that was the best example off the top of my head.

I also buy every figure I can find of Pic no matter how good or bad it is, because my wall must be complete and it shall be one day o_o If only some kind person would send me the Medicom one.... <<

I'd mention my massive doujin collection but I'm actually not ashamed of that or my slashing at all :D They bring me joy.

I don't think I ever imitated battle poses or cries outside of cosplay, but at the age of 14 I did come up with a Piccolo voice that's probably pretty terrible. I've never heard what I sound like recorded with it, I just know it hurts like a bitch to use it and it's probably pretty bad because I am a very tiny girl and Piccolo is not either of those things.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:37 am

JulieYBM wrote:I speak in Dragon Ball character voices in the shower, specifically Freeza (my own voice based on Abridged Pegasus and Nakao), Vegeta, and Piccolo.
I like to pretend the Shower head is Vegeta and his Gyallic-Ho and I'm Goku defending against it with my Kamehameha. :lol:

But anyway, I guess my guilty pleasure is "It's over 9000"...Don't get me wrong, I am so damn sick of all of the Videos on YouTube. But, it's fun to say at random times when you're among friends.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:41 am

Gozar wrote: But anyway, I guess my guilty pleasure is "It's over 9000"...Don't get me wrong, I am so damn sick of all of the Videos on YouTube. But, it's fun to say at random times when you're among friends.

This.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:52 am

Big Momma wrote:
Gozar wrote: But anyway, I guess my guilty pleasure is "It's over 9000"...Don't get me wrong, I am so damn sick of all of the Videos on YouTube. But, it's fun to say at random times when you're among friends.

This.
Oh yeah, I also did that one time. Guess none of them had seen it (they didn't get me at all) XD

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:56 am

Gozar wrote:But anyway, I guess my guilty pleasure is "It's over 9000"...
Dude, that's because it's hilareous. Overdone a little? Yes. But effing hilareous all the same.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:06 am

Gozar wrote:I like to pretend the Shower head is Vegeta and his Gyallic-Ho and I'm Goku defending against it with my Kamehameha. :lol:
At first I was like :?

But then I was like :D

Good thing I have a small shower that wouldn't allow me to do that.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:09 am

I had no other place to post this, so I'll do it here.

The other week at work, there was some commotion about my section using too many plastic trays (which was later proved to be a mistake), so my manager and one of my colleagues were discussing this and they reach the conclusion that, even though we were supposedly spending that many trays, our sales were like nine thousand and two hundred, at that I turn to my colleague and shouted OUR SALES ARE OVER NINE THOUSAND!! Luckily he knew what I was talking about and chuckled. I also had to resist the urge to grab one of those trays, smash it right in front of my boss and say the same line, I would probably get fired anyway, even if he understood the joke I can just see him going "WHAT NINE THOUSAND? THERE'S NO WAY THAT CAN BE RIGHT! You're fired".

Now, the other day, one of my other colleagues comes next to me and randomly says "Cheese", I chuckled and answered "Butter", he says "Yogurt", I chuckled more and said "Cream", and then, again, I had to resist the urge to say Ginew and carry one with "GINEW TOKUSENTAI! *strike a pose*".

Dragon Ball is way too much in my life.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:10 am

My new Guilty Pleasure:
Being the first to use my girlfriend's new laptop (birthday present)... to browse DaizenshuuEX. :D

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:03 am

hunterxhunter21 wrote:

It annoys her to no end.
Wow, my sister just punches me.

Then again, she's 20.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Gozar wrote:I like to pretend the Shower head is Vegeta and his Gyallic-Ho and I'm Goku defending against it with my Kamehameha. :lol:
Wow, I thought I was the only one who did this. :lol:
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Ohohoho, Android 18 is my guilty pleasure if you know what I mean *wink wink*

In all seriousness my guilty pleasure with Dragonball is doing voices whilst playing the games, like making up my own saga's and situations.

Tamagon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Tamagon » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:44 pm

FUNi dub