Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Post by B » Sat May 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Chichi doesn't look that bad; it's not clear because it's the prototype and not fully colored, but it seems they've made her slightly taller or more slender than how she's depicted normally, but not too much as to not be able to tell it's child-age Chichi.

Lunch and 18, however, are pretty crazy. Blonde Lunch doesn't seem too extravagantly out there. Even the Bulma in Rabbit Suit figure from awhile back was completely palatable because A) proportionately, it wasn't that far off from how she always looks, and B) she's completely being sexualized when she wears it in the series proper anyway.

I wonder if the Dragon Gals line will produce some outliers; Zangya, Vados, Bulma's mom, The Pie Pie Mermaid Girl... I would totally get those last two no matter how lewd they came.

I can't wait to see Videl; she's popular enough to get a figure.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat May 28, 2016 1:27 pm

B wrote:Chichi doesn't look that bad; it's not clear because it's the prototype and not fully colored, but it seems they've made her slightly taller or more slender than how she's depicted normally, but not too much as to not be able to tell it's child-age Chichi.
Nothing wrong with the Chi sculpt, it's quite good actually! I hope they come out with an adult chichi figure similar to this one:

I wonder if the Dragon Gals line will produce some outliers; Zangya, Vados, Bulma's mom, The Pie Pie Mermaid Girl... I would totally get those last two no matter how lewd they came.
Maybe if the figures sell really well, we'll get more of these.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat May 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Does anyone know if this is real? I saw it on Gojiitaaf's facebook, but didn't see any other sites talk about it

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 28, 2016 6:41 pm

No, it's fake. We don't even have real merchandise for Champa's team yet. No way we're getting Trunks already.

Not to mention that's not even Trunks' new design, it just has the scarf added...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat May 28, 2016 6:44 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:Does anyone know if this is real? I saw it on Gojiitaaf's facebook, but didn't see any other sites talk about it
The earlier exchange about this leads me to also believe it was fake, especially with it having no announcement from any official source.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:47 am

Finally, we'll be able to have the fan favorite Ozaru Broly with us at all times. :clap:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Good God, that LSSJ Oozaru Broly key chain... :sick:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Good God, that LSSJ Oozaru Broly key chain... :sick:
Isn't it great ? Ozaru Broly should be put next to the likes of the Mona Lisa so that all the world can marvel at it's glory. 8)
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:12 pm

Aren't these all repeats? I swear I've seen these all before.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:35 am

MozillaVulpix wrote:Aren't these all repeats? I swear I've seen these all before.
Yes. "The Best" line for the UDM series always consists of re-release. Often with new color schemes, metallic glosses or translucent pieces (or sometimes they're sloppier and don't paint half the stuff on the product).

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:59 am

Apparently shit green Broli is the SDCC release this year? Not that I'm collecting them anymore, but this never deserved to be made. The original looked way better and that overly green hair needs to stop being used. Everywhere.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:37 pm

Yeah this really didn't need to be "corrected". I don't even own the original broly figuarts but just from pics I can tell it looks fine in terms of coloring. I feel like we could've definitely gotten something better

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:19 pm

So here we are, on the day that the next arc starts and we still haven't announced any figures of the Universe 6 team, whats the deal? You'd think they'd at least do a Hit figure of some kind by now.
Hopefully the figures in the west don't fall horribly behind the show as it airs.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:18 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Apparently shit green Broli is the SDCC release this year? Not that I'm collecting them anymore, but this never deserved to be made. The original looked way better and that overly green hair needs to stop being used. Everywhere.

Where did the Green hair start? From what I recall in the movie, Broly's normal SSJ form had a green tint to it because of the restraining device that was on his head. After he broke that he was a normal yellow SSJ. In his LSSJ form it's always been shown yellow, I don't understand where the green came from. I think Raging Blast 2 had a green haired LSSJ3.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:11 pm

Xeztin wrote:Where did the Green hair start? From what I recall in the movie, Broly's normal SSJ form had a green tint to it because of the restraining device that was on his head. After he broke that he was a normal yellow SSJ. In his LSSJ form it's always been shown yellow, I don't understand where the green came from. I think Raging Blast 2 had a green haired LSSJ3.
In Movie 8, Broly still has a green tint in his hair, even after he transforms into LSSJ.
This is very obvious when you compare the above to his appearance in Movie 10 (which uses the exact same animation for his LSSJ reveal).
I think the implication is that the mind-control device still had an effect on Broly for a little while after he destroyed it.
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dougo13 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:15 am

Saw the 2.5" Vegita set listed in Diamond's catalog. Nice set but I want something bigger. Would be nice to get a 12" Chef Vegita or with him sucking on the pacifier!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:59 pm

The new Funko Pop figures look good. I'm surprise that they pick DB Kid Goku and DB Bluma since they are from the first series. If we get more from Funko Pop, I could see them doing Beerus, Whis, #18, Captain Ginyu, Tenshinhan and Yamcha. They seem like that they are popular enough to get figures.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

AS_Saiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AS_Saiyan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:54 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:The new Funko Pop figures look good. I'm surprise that they pick DB Kid Goku and DB Bluma since they are from the first series. If we get more from Funko Pop, I could see them doing Beerus, Whis, #18, Captain Ginyu, Tenshinhan and Yamcha. They seem like that they are popular enough to get figures.
I hope for the next wave of these Funko Pops to contain Beerus, Whis, SS Vegeta, Muten Roshi Tenshinhan and Yamcha.
They look great and I can't wait to get all of the second wave that just came out. Specially Kid Goku and Kuririn.
New User :) A Dragonball fan for over 10 years. My favorite character(s) are Kuririn and Goku.
And yeah, I need to find better signature.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:46 pm

S.H Figuarts Yamcha and Tenshinhan

She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Holy shit! Didn't expect these! I've been very pick and choose about Figuarts lately, but these are must haves.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash