Dragon Box issue

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2Engels
Not-So-Newbie

Dragon Box issue

Post by SSJ2Engels » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Hey guys, this is my first post here so I hope I ain't breaking any rules and that I am not starting off on the wrong foot. :mrgreen:

So, I wanna ask something about my Dragon Box vol. 1 that I have brought very recently and that is bugging me. OK, so there is this little black bar on the side of one DVD Book, in the very niche where you 'open' it. Problem is, the other one doesn't possess it. It doesn't cause me any problems/trouble but I just wanna know if this is normal and if everyone's box is the same, and most importantly if there is a reason for it being like this.

Of course, it is kind of difficult to point out exactly what I am talking about describing it like this, so I figured it would be better to post some pics:

DVD Book #1

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/Og ... hAHvgD.jpg

DVD Book #2

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/Og ... l0y0GW.jpg

So, why there is this little difference between the two? :?

Let me say I understand NOTHING about DVD designs, so if this is a well-known issue to most of you, pardon my ignorance. :D

PS.: If any of you are having trouble viewing the pictures, please say so because then I am going to post elsewhere.
Last edited by SSJ2Engels on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Box issue

Post by dragondyle » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:03 pm

That's odd. Neither of mine had that. I don't think it posses an issue or anything.
You must have faith in who you are.

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Is it a security tag? It kinda looks like those white, in this case black, sticky things they put on cd and dvds. See if you can pull it off.

Edit: Looking at it more, I'm almost 95% sure it is a security tag. Mine was on the inside of the box itself. It kinda made the books stick so I just tore it out.
Dragon Ball Famicon/Super Famicom game scans : HERE

SSJ2Engels
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ2Engels » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Yep. It IS a security tag, I confirmed it. I just didn't notice it before (amazing, considering my eye for detail-- look at this very thread :mrgreen:), but there is a little (I mean REALLY) hand on the very right of the black bar with an /, as in ''Don't touch!" or ''Don't f*king rob it!''. :D STILL isn't clear why it came in only one of them (as I'm almost 100% sure it did), however.

As an aside, I saw another of those within this set, but it was on the outside of the box, in the 'plastic' that it comes with, before you open it (I just don't know how to name it, damnit :P ).

AND I am somewhat apprehensive to try to pull this one off. :lol:

Anyways, thanks for the help you guys have given me so far! :D

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Well thats a fail. :lol:

Echo64
Beyond Newbie

Post by Echo64 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Wow, I've never had any security tags inside my Dragon Boxes before!
"This planet's last remnant of hope!"
My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My YouTube Channel

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 pm

SSJ2Engels wrote:AND I am somewhat apprehensive to try to pull this one off.
Is it attached only to the plastic disc tray, or partially on the book itself? From the picture it looks like it would sit on both disc trays when the book is closed, so while a bit of a pain in the ass, it shouldn't do much (if any) damage if the sticky surface is only in contact with the plastic and you support the plastic while removing the tag.
Last edited by OutlawTorn on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:44 pm

I have those black security tags on the inside of 2 of my Dragon Boxes. I wouldn't think too much of it.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

SSJ2Engels
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ2Engels » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:03 am

Echo64 wrote:Wow, I've never had any security tags inside my Dragon Boxes before!
The guy above says above me says he does have too. :wink: I guess it's because someone can easily rip off the secutity tag on the plastic of the box, but it must be more difficult to take off this one from the DVD book-- not to mention the person can simply *miss* it. :) I still haven't tried it like OutlawTorn suggested, however, but given the above reasons, I don't even know if it's *possible* in the first place (I mean, without damaging the DVD Book).

There. I think I figured it. :P But I would still like to know:
Chibi Gohan wrote:I have those black security tags on the inside of 2 of my Dragon Boxes. I wouldn't think too much of it.
You mean exactly like mine? On the side of only one DVD Book? Just curious. ;)

BTW, I am not thinking ''too much of it''. I just wanted to know what was it and why there is only one of it. Given that you guys are genrally VERY nit-picky about anything DB-related, and threads about certain ''details'', let's say, are created daily, I didn't thought it would be especially impressive if I created one to know more about this particular detail of a DB product. In fact, I thought it would be very commonplace. At least from what I get from this forum. Guess everyone does have their own diffferent perceptions tho'. :D

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Why every reply I make to this thread is deleted?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Paulo Gabriel wrote:Why every reply I make to this thread is deleted?
This thread is from 2011. We only allow necroposting in rare situations. If you have your own question to ask, then please make a new topic. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.