Dragon Ball Z VHS

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Z VHS

Post by Payne222 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:49 pm

I was thinking about investing in Funimation's VHS sets of Dragon Ball Z. I wanna have the VHS versions of what they played on Toonami when I was growing up, so would that be the regular VHS tapes or Uncut? (Also, is there a huge difference in the two, episode content wise as well as collecting them?)

Oh, and buying them. Where's the best place any of you guys can think of to get them for a decent price?

Thanks
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

MoltenMan
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z VHS

Post by MoltenMan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:58 pm

I have edited sets (what was on Toonami) of the Saiyan, Namek, Ginyu, Frieza, and Trunks sagas if you're interested. I actually have the Garlic Jr. Android, and Imperfect Cell sagas, but I need to find where I put those. These have been sitting on my computer desk and I was thinking about taking them to the Goodwill store so I can make room for DVD sets. If you're interested give me a shout.

It's amazing how this topic popped up like this. These have been up here for years, and the only reason I never got rid of them sooner was I liked the pictures of the box, but I'd really like to sell them and get them out of here and buy DVD/Blu Rays.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Do the first two sets have the ocean dub?

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Ocean dub was the only dub released on VHS for the Saiyan/Namek arcs.

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:41 am

Payne222 wrote:I was thinking about investing in Funimation's VHS sets of Dragon Ball Z. I wanna have the VHS versions of what they played on Toonami when I was growing up, so would that be the regular VHS tapes or Uncut? (Also, is there a huge difference in the two, episode content wise as well as collecting them?)

Oh, and buying them. Where's the best place any of you guys can think of to get them for a decent price?

Thanks
I think the DBZ VHS sets are awesome pieces to a collection. I like how all the tapes make a picture when you complete the saga. There isn't a HUGE difference, just a little. When it comes to collecting, the only difference is the picture the saga makes when put together. The Saiyan, Namek, and Cell Games are the only sagas that make 1 complete picture. The Saiyan and Namek were only in Edited versions and the Cell Games was never finished in the Edited Version, only Uncut.

As for finding them, you can find people here that would be willing to part with theirs. I love my VHS collection, I think its the coolest part of my entire DBZ collection :mrgreen:
Gamertag: TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Part Spartan, Part Saiyan

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:43 am

This picture is over a year old but you can see a lot of my VHS collection in the top half of the picture. I can't wait to finally get the space to show off the entire collection one day
Gamertag: TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Part Spartan, Part Saiyan