Dragon Box FUNimation Survey

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Box FUNimation Survey

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:00 pm

CaBrPi wrote:Ah, I see. Movie 1 has always been one of my personal favorites. Such a shame the Garlic Jr. arc was so nonsensical.

I've never actually seen Movie 9, though. Is it really that good?
Me personally, I like movie 9 because of the battle island tournament that's happening in it. (I'm a sucker for those tournaments) :D These are the bad guys in the movie
Image but overall it's not a bad little Dragonball z movie. :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Majin Steve
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Steve » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Movie 9 was the first Dragon Ball I watched in Japanese when I was a kid.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Well, the villains are monsteriously underwhelming, but I love it because: 1) The setting(s), 2) the fights are pretty good, 3) the soundtrack is Kikuchi's best stuff, 4) Goku hanging out with Kaio, 5) everything Mr. Satan does or says, 6) Kuririn vs Zangya, and 7) SSJ2 Gohan is the hero.

I would love to get the DBox version of that.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 am

penguintruth wrote:Well, the villains are monsteriously underwhelming, but I love it because: 1) The setting(s), 2) the fights are pretty good, 3) the soundtrack is Kikuchi's best stuff, 4) Goku hanging out with Kaio, 5) everything Mr. Satan does or says, 6) Kuririn vs Zangya, and 7) SSJ2 Gohan is the hero.

I would love to get the DBox version of that.
Maybe we might get lucky and Funimation will release a The Movies box this year :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:35 am

I mainly want DBTM for the first 3 movies and 13. Though I could easily eat some popcorn while watching the other ones especially if they included the dub scores.

NessMudkip
Beyond Newbie

Post by NessMudkip » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:
CashmanX wrote:
NessMudkip wrote: Funimation said that there would be a big Dragon Ball Z panel at Anime Expo in July this year. They also said the next release of the Dragon Ball anime would be in 2013. My money's on them announcing them then.
Source? :o
Yes, what is your source, if you please.
http://inside.anime-expo.org/ax-scoop/2 ... announced/

It's on a few different sites. Just a thought, I hope they announce something there anyway.
Hey! Check out my YouTube Channel! I talk about Dragon Ball quite a lot. www.youtube.com/nessmudkipz