Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:34 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:
ABED wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:I really don't find TFS very funny, they have few funny bits but it's mostly hit or miss for me. I really confuses me that it's considered comedy gold , but then again comedy is subjective.
Agreed, and what I also find irritating is if you don't agree with TFS fans, many will claim you just don't understand.
I think KaiserNeko can be a little arrogant as well.
Yeah, agreed there.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:38 pm

TenshinFan wrote:My most unpopular opinion is that I prefer GT to anything post-Imperfect Cell
...but GT is included in "anything post-Imperfect Cell" xD
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am not a huge fan of TFS poor voice acting just turned me off
Poor voice acting? TFS is miles above the first DBZ FUNImation dub. MasakoX is really good doing Goku despite his accent, their Vegeta and Piccolo are almost identical and slightly better than the dub and you could say that about many in their cast for the voices of: Bulma, Yamcha, Tien, Coola, 17, 18 and etc.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Noah wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am not a huge fan of TFS poor voice acting just turned me off
Poor voice acting? TFS is miles above the first DBZ FUNImation dub. MasakoX is really good doing Goku despite his accent, their Vegeta and Piccolo are almost identical and slightly better than the dub and you could say that about many in their cast for the voices of: Bulma, Yamcha, Tien, Coola, 17, 18 and etc.
Either way, it's unfair to compare the two voice acting wise, TFS isn't restricted to following lip flaps and there main goal is comedy. They do have some good actors though, some of them have gone on to do official funimation dubs like 18's actress.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:45 pm

Who? Megami?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:14 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Who? Megami?
No, Megami is Bulma

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:08 am

Noah wrote:
No, they are doing impressions of other actors. They aren't acting.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:22 pm

ABED wrote:
Noah wrote:
No, they are doing impressions of other actors. They aren't acting.
That's still acting.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Every fan that puts power levels as either the most important or among the most important aspect of DB should be wipe out of the planet, they are a terrible pandemic.
Last edited by Neo-Makaiōshin on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Every fan that puts power levels as either the most important or among the most important aspect that DB should be wipe out of the planet, they are a terrible pandemic.
Edgy.

Powerlevels are the single most important thing in a series like Dragon Ball, it shapes the story itself and our investment in it.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Impressions aren't acting.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Noah wrote:
I'm not the biggest fan of TFS and the old DBZ dub, but I think I would take the latter over the former. The former's voices wouldn't work outside of their parodies.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:51 pm

ABED wrote:Impressions aren't acting.
Yes, they are. They are playing a character, actin as role within their parody. They are acting, it doesn't matter what you think of said acting, it is acting.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:58 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Yes, they are. They are playing a character, actin as role within their parody. They are acting, it doesn't matter what you think of said acting, it is acting.
They aren't even characters. They are more like impressions randomly stringing jokes together. Regardless, fans of TFS should not be putting them in the same category as official VA's.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:13 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:Also, Caulifla is the best thing to come out of Dragon Ball in a long time, period.
Fact.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Every fan that puts power levels as either the most important or among the most important aspect that DB should be wipe out of the planet, they are a terrible pandemic.
Edgy.

Powerlevels are the single most important thing in a series like Dragon Ball, it shapes the story itself and our investment in it.
Also people tends to think power levels is all a matter of big numbers and formulas, no. F*** scouters, we don't want to know how many quadrillions is Beerus power level, we just want to see consistency in things like: X character was weaker than Y, but fought and lost to Z who was show to be stronger than both. It's not asking much.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:45 am

Power scaling aside, I really like the idea that Super seems to be implying that Goku will always strive to be stronger but may never surpass certain beings.

The need for Goku, Vegeta, or even the villains having to be the strongest in the universe to tell story's in Dragon Ball seems to be gone, and it's for the better.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:52 am

MR.Mark wrote:Power scaling aside, I really like the idea that Super seems to be implying that Goku will always strive to be stronger but may never surpass certain beings.

The need for Goku, Vegeta, or even the villains having to be the strongest in the universe to tell story's in Dragon Ball seems to be gone, and it's for the better.
But Zen Oh sama is greatest villain ever, he wipes out universes for LOL's the sick bastard.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:10 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am not a huge fan of TFS poor voice acting just turned me off (it is weird cuz their castings in legitimate dubs is pretty good, granted I haven't seen TFS episode in a hot while so dunno if they improved there nor not.) but I don't mind them but I do absolutely hate their fans it is like no one is allowed to fun anymore without the "reminds me of DBZA/looks like TFS wrote this" comments flooding, so irritating. Or people randomly quoting things in none TFS videos.
Toei did something with Popo a character that they own and all of a sudden people think that Toei did a TFS reference... :problem:
Dude the tfs voice acting was miles above Z Dub, just compare both Bulma voices From Z Dub and tfs and you will know which one sounds more scratchy and raspy
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:18 pm

What about any actor who acts in a biopic?