Dub Sound Sync Z Movies Singles vs DF/Double Features

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

xekon

Dub Sound Sync Z Movies Singles vs DF/Double Features

Post by xekon » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:05 pm

I have read that on the Blu Ray Coolers revenge Double feature that the audio sync is off. but that it is ok on the singles release.

I am curious of all the Funi Dub Z movie releases audio wise which is best. I think I may have also read somewhere that the singles Dub audio was from tape and that the DF were from optical.(The tape being the clearer one) I would like to get confirmation on these things before I choose one or the other.

link: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 37#p519298

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dub Sound Sync Z Movies Singles vs DF/Double Features

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:00 am

Yeah, the dub's audio was sloppily thrown together for the Double Feature releases. The "real band" music in movie 5 was out of sync, and missed a few effects on the original single DVD track. There are also missing effects on the songs (for the underwater fight scene) and random re-dubbing (notably for Karin, who clearly isn't Sabat for one line).

Also, the Japanese audio for movie 13 is terrible on the DF, and is in mono, whereas it's stereo and clear on the single DVD.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

xekon

Post by xekon » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:13 am

So is the english dub audio ok on all of the Funi Blurays with the exception of Coolers Revenge?

If so then I could get the blurays and also pickup the single for coolers revenge.
Last edited by xekon on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 am

xekon wrote:So is the english dub audio ok on all of the Funi Blurays with the exception of Coolers Revenge?

If so then I could get the blurays and also pickup the single for coolers revenge.
It's worth noting that Disturbed's Stupify in DBZ Movie 4 has had the majority of its vocals removed, but that's pretty minor.

xekon

Post by xekon » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:22 am

oh that is very interesting about the disturbed song.

Thank you both for the replies :)