Really bad compression on orange bricks?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Really bad compression on orange bricks?

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 am

I think it's 235. Its right near the end when Vegeta starts powering up after he first encounters Buu. Then the camera starts panning. It's the first frame of the panning shot, and I remember because this is a screenshot I took for a camera pan I made.

Sorry I don't have my set on me right now.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:32 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Even the early Dragon Boxes have noticeable macroblocking in high paced scenes.
Could I get an episode number and approximate time stamp for this shot? I'm interested to see if the extra 2K bitrate on my Japanese Dragon Boxes makes much of a difference.
It's episode 235.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:34 am

Much better after all.

Though, I realize now I had removed the color cast from my image. Still, the compression was definitely there in the raw footage, as I've noticed lots of macroblocking on FUNi's sets, even on the last two. Perhaps this was due to the inclusion of the dub.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:06 am

kei17 wrote:
Well, my suspicions were right then. No macroblocking in sight!

I guess that's what happens when you cut the bitrate, throw in an extra episode a disc along with more audio tracks.

*feels glad he has the JPN set*
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Thats a pretty impressive bootleg...packaging wise. I'll have to be careful when I buy used now.

uzuni
Beyond Newbie

Post by uzuni » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:55 am

I've just fallen prey to this same scam! These counterfeit discs are still being sold, it seems.

DO NOT buy this product from Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Dragon-Complete-U ... B00XKMOB1O

That said, does anyone know where I can buy a complete legitimate set of the Orange Bricks?

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:53 am

uzuni wrote:I've just fallen prey to this same scam! These counterfeit discs are still being sold, it seems.

DO NOT buy this product from Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Dragon-Complete-U ... B00XKMOB1O

That said, does anyone know where I can buy a complete legitimate set of the Orange Bricks?
Do you have pics of the ones you received? Are they one to.one copies.or are they burned onto single layee discs?

uzuni
Beyond Newbie

Post by uzuni » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:49 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:
uzuni wrote:I've just fallen prey to this same scam! These counterfeit discs are still being sold, it seems.

Do you have pics of the ones you received? Are they one to.one copies.or are they burned onto single layee discs?
They are those exactly.

They look perfectly legitimate on the exterior. But the discs are single layered, and very badly compressed.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:23 pm

uzuni wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:

They are those exactly.

They look perfectly legitimate on the exterior. But the discs are single layered, and very badly compressed.
That really sucks :( cant you post some screen shots. I Ended up with bootleg super dvd and the compression was suprisingly not bad

uzuni
Beyond Newbie

Post by uzuni » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:53 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:
uzuni wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote: Do you have pics of the ones you received? Are they one to.one copies.or are they burned onto single layee discs?
They are those exactly.

That really sucks :( cant you post some screen shots. I Ended up with bootleg super dvd and the compression was suprisingly not bad
Well, I've already returned them. But they look like the image from key17.