Glorious Anime Screenshot Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Re: Glorious Anime Screenshot Thread

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:34 am

Man, Gogeta in movie 12 is one of the most excellently executed characters in the entire series.

Drawn perfectly, great design, doesn't piss around, doesn't talk too much, has a couple great lines, and gets shit DONE.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Can someone put up that scene where scratched up Freeza (Final) catches Goku (Base's) hand and smirks? I think it was around the episodes with the planned Spirit Bomb, that is one of my favourate scenes of Freeza. Incredible artwork.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:15 am

DBZ ep. 268

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DBGT ep. 35

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:50 am

How's this? I always liked it despite some of the animation errors (no pupils, noticeably more purple tone to fur)

Plus modern animation of SSJ4 is always nice.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:32 am

DHM211 wrote:Image
What in the world did you do to those colors? :shock: Not to mention the intense sharpening. It looks like these used to be Dragon Box shots.

The Orange Bricks look much better than these (but I think they're comparable to the Dragon Boxes at this point anyway, cropping aside):

"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:12 am

Can some of you guys make sure you're actually properly taking these screencaps? Anyway, I just so happened to have some caps from that episode on my computer:

Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:32 am

^God damn, that last image of the beat up Goku. I've been looking for that for the other thread. Its detail is breath taking, you never see Goku look so beat up that even his hair feels it. Love how messy he got. Theres another scene in that episode where the shot is zoomed out. It perfectly examplified what I mean. Wheres that scene?
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:40 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:Can someone put up that scene where scratched up Freeza (Final) catches Goku (Base's) hand and smirks? I think it was around the episodes with the planned Spirit Bomb, that is one of my favourate scenes of Freeza. Incredible artwork.
This one?

Dragon Ball Z Kai Blu-ray

Japanese Dragon Box

Dragon Ball Z Season 3 Blu-ray

I'm not going to lie, I loooove having all these different releases and take every opportunity to compare them. So, take your pick on which picture you feel looks the best.

Oh and if someone would tell me if my color issues have been fixed, that would be great. Thanks!

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:43 am

jjgp1112 wrote:
I have the pan of that shot;

TheGreatness25 wrote:Dragon Ball Z Kai Blu-ray
The Kai shot's colors look weird again. I think the Dragon Box shot looks too dark too, and I can't comment on the Blu-ray shot since I know those have terrible colors.

Also, if FUNi or post & transfer knew how to do basic color correction, the Blu-rays would look like this: Image
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:17 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:Can someone put up that scene where scratched up Freeza (Final) catches Goku (Base's) hand and smirks? I think it was around the episodes with the planned Spirit Bomb, that is one of my favourate scenes of Freeza. Incredible artwork.
This one?
What program are you using? None of these are coming out right.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:36 am

Guys, I have a question, PowerDVD won't let me take screenshots off the blu-ray disc and VLC doesn't even open it, so how do I go about taking an accurate screenshot? thanks.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:11 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Guys, I have a question, PowerDVD won't let me take screenshots off the blu-ray disc and VLC doesn't even open it, so how do I go about taking an accurate screenshot? thanks.
Blu-rays have a form of copyright protection on them that prevents their base files from being opened in any old media player. Personally, I use AnyDVD to bypass that. It strips the protection, region lock and any other form of protection for both DVDs and Blu-rays. That way, I can just open the .M2TS file I want in VLC or MPC and take the screenshot with zero issues.

I imagine the trial will work for what you need right now.
Last edited by Ajay on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:28 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Guys, I have a question, PowerDVD won't let me take screenshots off the blu-ray disc and VLC doesn't even open it, so how do I go about taking an accurate screenshot? thanks.
Blu-rays have a form of copyright protection on them that prevents their base files from being opened in any old media player. Personally, I use AnyDVD to bypass that. It strips the protection, region lock and any other form is protection for both DVDs and Blu-rays. That way, I can just open the .M2TS file I want in VLC or MPC and take the screenshot with zero issues.

I imagine the trial will work for what you need right now.
Awesome, worked like a charm thanks for this :thumbup: the software also removes the region restrictions too :D I can finally buy locked blu-rays now.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:46 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:How's this? I always liked it despite some of the animation errors (no pupils, noticeably more purple tone to fur)

Plus modern animation of SSJ4 is always nice.
Where's that from?
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:49 pm

The URL says it's from a Heroes promo.

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:09 am

I'm not sure if that last blu-ray shot I posted was legit so here's the same shot from my ocean dub tree of might dvd!

thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:15 am

Last edited by SSJ God Gogeta on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:18 am

You need to actually host the image somewhere like imgur.com and use the URL it gives you from there rather than a local address on your PC.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:19 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:[img]file:///C:/Users/Dion/Desktop/DragonballZ-Movie12_1089.jpg[/img]
Uh... how do you expect us to access your hard drive directly? :lol:

In all seriousness, you need an image host such as Photobucket (not recommended due to bandwidth caps), Imageshack, or Imgur (which I recommend).
Last edited by Metalwario64 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:22 am

Yeah I know i did it wrong lol :lol: it's fixed now
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars