Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tennessaiyan
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Tennessaiyan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:03 am

So stoked for spoilers next week. I've been contemplating forever on different ways this movie could end, and something that's bugging me is not knowing where the heck the scene of the earth blowing up is going to be placed in the movie. (If it is indeed the earth, that is.) It's keeping me from coming up with any viable theories for the ending, lol.
mogi67 wrote:I kind of view Dragon Ball the same way I view mythology. It can be convoluted, contradictory, but always a treasure.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:05 am

Kishido wrote:Goku get's another form... Crushes my hope for Vegestar
It won't make a difference, as I'm sure Vegeta will get a new form too. I'm looking forward to the movie, regardless of who defeats Freeza.
Seeing the other Z warriors taking part is what I'm looking forward to the most.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:06 am

I still think Vegeta will take him down cause if he doesn't then this'll be the Namek arc with a different paint job which is something I doubt Toriyama would do.

And don't forget we've been getting a lot of hints at Vegeta winning so there's no need to lose hope.

(scanlation link removed by administrator)

Vegeta is facing Freeza with Goku on the side not the other way around.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Tennessaiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tennessaiyan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:23 am

sintzu wrote:I still think Vegeta will take him down cause if he doesn't then this'll be the Namek arc with a different paint job which is something I doubt Toriyama would do.
If Whis saves the earth, it won't be the Namek arc with a different paint job :wink:

Vegeta will shine somehow, though. Hopefully even if he doesn't get a new form as (possibly?) Goku. I just hope that this story's end doesn't play out like Wrath of the Dragon, where everyone has been defeated, everyone is down (including Goku) but somehow in the end, Goku just comes out of nowehere and blows the enemy away. That would be rather anti-climactic.
mogi67 wrote:I kind of view Dragon Ball the same way I view mythology. It can be convoluted, contradictory, but always a treasure.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:32 am

It's pretty much a lock that Vegeta gets some kind of power-up and/or new form. He can't exactly hang with Freeza as a SSJ2 and it's quite obvious Vegeta will fight Freeza at some point in this film.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:35 am

Tennessaiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:I still think Vegeta will take him down cause if he doesn't then this'll be the Namek arc with a different paint job which is something I doubt Toriyama would do.
Vegeta will shine somehow, though. Hopefully even if he doesn't get a new form as (possibly?) Goku. I just hope that this story's end doesn't play out like Wrath of the Dragon, where everyone has been defeated, everyone is down (including Goku) but somehow in the end, Goku just comes out of nowehere and blows the enemy away. That would be rather anti-climactic.
But if Goku can't? Who can?! :lol:

I would be surprised if they really introduce another new form for Goku. But then again, I guess I also wouldn't be. Even though I don't think they'll have Vegeta beat Freeza, I would much rather Vegeta get a new transformation so I could watch Vegeta rub it in later. Haha.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:39 am

Doctor. wrote:The preview screening is at what time, exactly? I now it's 3 days from now, but in terms of hours.
The event starts at 6:30 p.m., so the movie will probably begin by 7:00 and be over before 9:00.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Tennessaiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tennessaiyan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:52 am

Birusu16 wrote:It's pretty much a lock that Vegeta gets some kind of power-up and/or new form. He can't exactly hang with Freeza as a SSJ2 and it's quite obvious Vegeta will fight Freeza at some point in this film.
I'm one of the many who's under the impression that Vegeta will have already achieved SSJG status, so Vegeta should be able to hold his own in battle for a little while, at the least. I don't think it's really too much of a stretch for Goku to get a "new" form, which would probably end up just being simply and advancement of his SSJG-absorbed base form. Goku always has to stay one step ahead, y'know? Just like Whis said in Ch. 2 of the manga. He was right. Vegeta, you'd better learn how to relax :x I wonder though if Whis' comments about Goku's and Vegeta's individual imperfections will have anything to do with how they will perform in the battle against Frieza.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:19 pm

Just because Dragon Ball Heroes features Super Saiyan 3 Vegeto (by the way, Super Saiyan 3 Vegeto is not a "video-game" thing, Gotenks went Super Saiyan 3, Gogeta and Vegeto surely can do the same, then) does not take away its "merits", Dragon Ball Heroes is a game the same way Xenoverse/Zenkai Battle Royale are. It creates new things, but also features "facts" from the anime/manga.

If Kakarot gets a new form in Heroes and it is based on this new movie, then we must give some attention, because they can be right.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Dyno wrote:Just because Dragon Ball Heroes features Super Saiyan 3 Vegeto does not take away its "merits", Dragon Ball Heroes is a game the same way Xenoverse/Zenkai Battle Royale are. It creates new things, but also features "facts" from the anime/manga.

If Kakarot gets a new form in Heroes and it is based on this new movie, then we must give some attention, because they can be right.
It's from a card game (the same card game that gave us SSJ4 Broly, SSJ3 Trunks, etc.). Unless it appears in the movie, it doesn't deserve any credibility.
Last edited by Birusu16 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:22 pm

what if....

vegeta only can´t beat Freezer

Goku lost but must help Vegeta, no matter the price,,,,

evil form?????????

freezer lost battle but wins war....
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:31 pm

bubibartra wrote:

what if....

evil form?????????

Wat?
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:33 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:
bubibartra wrote:

what if....

evil form?????????

Wat?
I think he's asking, "What if Vegeta alone can't stop Frieza so Goku has to step up again and unleash a new form that makes him evil? Thus, even though he beats Frieza, Frieza "wins the war" since Goku is now a danger to the universe! O_O"
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ShadowWolf87
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShadowWolf87 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:33 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
Dyno wrote:Just because Dragon Ball Heroes features Super Saiyan 3 Vegeto does not take away its "merits", Dragon Ball Heroes is a game the same way Xenoverse/Zenkai Battle Royale are. It creates new things, but also features "facts" from the anime/manga.

It's from a card game (the same card game that gave us SSJ4 Broly, SSJ3 Trunks, etc.). Unless it appears in the movie, it doesn't deserve any credibility.
It's an even for a card based on the movie that unlocks after the movie's release and is being teased rather than revealed, suggesting that it may indeed have something to do with the movie. There's really no reason to downplay it because of unrelated matters in the game.
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” - Nelson Mandela

ShadowWolf87
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShadowWolf87 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:35 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:
bubibartra wrote:

what if....

evil form?????????

Wat?
I think he's asking, "What if Vegeta alone can't stop Freeza so Goku has to step up again and unleash a new form that makes him evil? Thus, even though he beats Freeza, Freeza "wins the war" since Goku is now a danger to the universe! O_O"
We're all fanfic authors now, muahahaha!

But seriously, I can't see there being some inherently evil "form".
Last edited by ShadowWolf87 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” - Nelson Mandela

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:35 pm

ShadowWolf87 wrote:It's an even for a card based on the movie that unlocks after the movie's release and is being teased rather than revealed, suggesting that it may indeed have something to do with the movie. There's really no reason to downplay it because of unrelated matters in the game.

Ah, well said, pal. :thumbup:

Many of you saw Super Saiyan God one week before the movie, because of Dragon Ball Heroes. Taking its merits away just because "it's a card game" it's plenty stupid.
Last edited by Dyno on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:36 pm

ShadowWolf87 wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:

It's an even for a card based on the movie that unlocks after the movie's release and is being teased rather than revealed, suggesting that it may indeed have something to do with the movie. There's really no reason to downplay it because of unrelated matters in the game.
And it's still from a card game. As I said before, unless it appears in the movie (which absolutely nothing indicates thus far) then it deserves no credibility and will get none from me.
Dyno wrote:
ShadowWolf87 wrote:It's an even for a card based on the movie that unlocks after the movie's release and is being teased rather than revealed, suggesting that it may indeed have something to do with the movie. There's really no reason to downplay it because of unrelated matters in the game.

Ah, well said, pal. :thumbup:

Many of you saw Super Saiyan God one week before the movie, because of Dragon Ball Heroes. Taking its merits away just because "it's a card game" it's plenty stupid.
Uh most people saw SSJG far earlier than one week before the movie was released and it wasn't because of DBH. It was because it was officially revealed.

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:39 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:

I think he's asking, "What if Vegeta alone can't stop Freeza so Goku has to step up again and unleash a new form that makes him evil? Thus, even though he beats Freeza, Freeza "wins the war" since Goku is now a danger to the universe! O_O"

my english :oops:
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:41 pm

ShadowWolf87 wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:

Wat?
We're all fanfic authors now, muahahaha!
And then Son Goku goes Ultimate full power SSJ450 2nd grade, and destroys Earth! :D :D :D
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:42 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Doctor. wrote:The preview screening is at what time, exactly? I now it's 3 days from now, but in terms of hours.
The event starts at 6:30 p.m., so the movie will probably begin by 7:00 and be over before 9:00.
9:00pm is 10:00am EST.
I'm totally gonna be away. T_T

Gonna check in as soon as I can.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!