Manga UK Announce DBZ Battle of Gods DVD/Bluray release

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Manga UK Announce DBZ Battle of Gods DVD/Bluray release

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:24 am

So Manga have announced their release before even Funi have announced theirs. It comes out December 10th. Can't wait for this. :D Who else is hyped?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Manga UK Announce DBZ Battle of Gods DVD/Bluray release

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:26 am

Not only that but a short theatrical run beforehand too :)
Hyped is an understatement!

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Does anyone know if it is the extended version or not? Hearing that they licensed from FOX as opposed to Toei has me concerned. If it's the theatrical cut then I'll pass on it. Only want the extended version.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Not going to pre-order it from them because FUNimation has hands down the best translator(s) for Dragon Ball and Manga UK.. well, who knows who is even doing it or if it even has.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Not only that but a short theatrical run beforehand too :)
Really?! Where was the theatrical release confirmed? I haven't been able to find anything on it.
dbboxkaifan wrote:Not going to pre-order it from them because FUNimation has hands down the best translator(s) for Dragon Ball and Manga UK.. well, who knows who is even doing it or if it even has.
It'll most likely end up being the exact same translation. We at least know Madman are releasing it in Australia so chances are we'll get their version which will probably be the same as Funimation's release.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:16 pm

The old Pioneer DVDs had English subtitles for the Japanese audio tracks but unfortunately they'd use the dubnames, and yeah, I bought the Pioneer (film singles) for the 'Ocean Dub' though it's still good to check out how the subs on those sets are for the Japanese side.

Let's not forget that it probably it'll just be a plastic Blu-ray case without a slipcover as they're always trying to cut down costs so another reason to go with FUNimation.
Last edited by dbboxkaifan on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:19 pm

90sDBZ wrote:
Really?! Where was the theatrical release confirmed? I haven't been able to find anything on it.
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods has also been licensed by the company for a DVD and Blu-Ray release on December 10th. The film will also enjoy a handful of theatrical screenings, including an appearance at this year's Scotland Loves Anime.
Source:http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Manche ... nd-up.html

Edit-
dbboxkaifan wrote:Let's not forget that it probably it'll just be a plastic Blu-ray case without a slipcover as they're always trying to cut down costs so another reason to go with FUNimation.
Well actually they are beginning to produce more slip-covers for the titles now, and their movie releases generally seem to have slip-covers anyway and it some cases they get a steelbook treatment. Besides FUNi are more or less locking their BD's to region A now, Fairy Tail Part 1-10 were A,B & Parts 11 + are now A only :(.
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Wow that's awesome :o. Seriously feeling beyond hyped right now :D

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:36 pm

90sDBZ wrote:
Wow that's awesome :o. Seriously feeling beyond hyped right now :D
Hopefully they to announce the list for the theatrical runs by the end of July so we can plan ahead, also hoping Amazon lists the blu-ray pre-orders before September(as my 5% student discount runs out then :P)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:53 pm

If they're now starting to produce more slipcovers that's an improvement but how the subtitles turn out to be is still a more important matter because I couldn't careless about the English dub due to not going touch it.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Really, where do you have the news about a theatrical run from? I see nothing on http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Manche ... nd-up.html

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:08 pm

sangofe wrote:
Really, where do you have the news about a theatrical run from? I see nothing on http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Manche ... nd-up.html
Here's the official announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO8OTTB0Vkw#t=13m34s

Edit- if that 12 week thing is true, then we'll get screenings September.

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Can't say I'm interested in buying it on Blu Ray but a UK theatrical screening has me intrigued. Will be interesting to see how many fans show up.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:20 pm

So this is definitely coming to the states around November or December? If so I'm going to lay back some money for it right now. lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:22 pm

samuraix123 wrote:So this is definitely coming to the states around November or December? If so I'm going to lay back some money for it right now. lol
Hard to say definitely since nothing official has been announced here besides the theatrical run, but there is a good chance seeing as how Manga UK is releasing it in December and they usually just repackage FUNi's releases.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:29 pm

NitroEX wrote:Can't say I'm interested in buying it on Blu Ray but a UK theatrical screening has me intrigued. Will be interesting to see how many fans show up.
Heck, I might fly over to London just to watch it in the theaters :D

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:46 pm

I'm super hyped. Would be prepared to travel to see this but hoping for a Newcastle Odeon or Boldon Cinema release so I don't have to!

Awaiting more details from Manga UK. Was a pretty low key announcement. Bullet point number 5 on an instagram post... I guess they're waiting until tomorrow for a full announcement?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:52 pm

BlackCatScott wrote:I'm super hyped. Would be prepared to travel to see this but hoping for a Newcastle Odeon or Boldon Cinema release so I don't have to!

Awaiting more details from Manga UK. Was a pretty low key announcement. Bullet point number 5 on an instagram post... I guess they're waiting until tomorrow for a full announcement?
I guess they bullet pointed it in the order they announced it, best till last :D.

I would be prepared to travel too, as we don't know if something like this will ever happen again.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlackCatScott wrote:I'm super hyped. Would be prepared to travel to see this but hoping for a Newcastle Odeon or Boldon Cinema release so I don't have to!

I guess they bullet pointed it in the order they announced it, best till last :D.

I would be prepared to travel too, as we don't know if something like this will ever happen again.
Certainly best til last, but you'd have thought they'd be like LOOK WE GOT BATTLE OF GODS! It's a pretty big title for them to get and so soon too... I guess they're just waiting til Monday though.

Travelling for this would cost a bit more but probably would be a hell of a lot of fun too. Where ever it would be, I'd be able to make a day of it!

Edit: Just watched the announcement from Manga UK (the audience could have been a bit more lively?) doesn't he say this will be going out on 300-400 screens? So wouldnt that mean everybody in the UK has a good chance of at least having a showing close to them?
Last edited by BlackCatScott on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Out of curiosity, how old are you UK folks and roughly whereabouts are you situated? Would be cool to at least say hi or grab a drink or something if there's a bunch of us near one of the showings.

Or...I mean, we could be typically british and antisocial! :lol:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.