This scene made me cry?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Re: This scene made me cry?

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:42 am

The scene where Mr. Satan yells at all of Earth to get them to donate their Genki to help kill Boo is the most emotional moment for me, Mr. Satan spent all of his screen time as a joke character, a coward with a massive ego or an overprotective father, and he redeemed himself at the last moment by helping save the universe from Majin Boo!The music is a big part of what makes that scene so emotional too.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:01 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:The scene where Mr. Satan yells at all of Earth to get them to donate their Genki to help kill Boo is the most emotional moment for me, Mr. Satan spent all of his screen time as a joke character, a coward with a massive ego or an overprotective father, and he redeemed himself at the last moment by helping save the universe from Majin Boo!The music is a big part of what makes that scene so emotional too.
Every time I hear that song I do this.

°. °
° °
\ O /
|
/ \
My Energy For You Kakarotto

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Dragon Ball has triggered many of feels whenever a beloved characterdies, but the only time I ever teared up was during the GT special.

When Goku Jr. finds a Dragon Ball to wish his grandma well and he's got it all wrong and breaks down when it doesn't work, and then Goku meets with him does it to me everytime.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II