What are your top 3 dream fights?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Sauza
Beyond Newbie

Re: What are your top 3 dream fights?

Post by Captain Sauza » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Base Cooler vs Final Form Freeza. That would be the only close match between the two.
"We are Cooler's Armored Squadron!" *performs Sauza fighting pose*

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Didn't Cooler say that Freeza was stronger than him before he unlocked his 5th form? Or was that just in the dub?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:09 am

1. Yamcha vs Chaozu - just so that Chaozu can have at least 1 official win
2.Krillin vs Tien - just so my man Krillin can prove hes the strongest human (fuck Oob!!!)
3.SSJ3 Goku vs Mystic Gohan - just to shut annoying Gohan fanboys

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:14 am

Dbzejo wrote:SSJ3 Goku vs Mystic Gohan - just to shut annoying Gohan fanboys
Don't mean to start something but I'm just gonna say Gohan would beat Goku..
And I ain't even a Gohan fan. Hell, I like Yamcha more than Gohan.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:18 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
Dbzejo wrote:SSJ3 Goku vs Mystic Gohan - just to shut annoying Gohan fanboys
Don't mean to start something but I'm just gonna say Gohan would beat Goku..
And I ain't even a Gohan fan. Hell, I like Yamcha more than Gohan.
I never understood how the f can someone say something like that? Legendary form that can only be obtained by brutal training in the Other World compared to the "unlocked potential" by just sitting there for 24 hours. Goku is my man, no.1, always.

ThatGuyNamedChancey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThatGuyNamedChancey » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:47 am

Dbzejo wrote:I never understood how the f can someone say something like that? Legendary form that can only be obtained by brutal training in the Other World compared to the "unlocked potential" by just sitting there for 24 hours. Goku is my man, no.1, always.
IIRC, Goku said that he couldn't beat Fat Buu (pre-split) in SSJ3 (which I believe was later retconned to say that he could defeat Boo, he just let Gotenks defeat him--Boo, that is). Since SSJ3 Goku < Post-RoSaT SSJ Gotenks who < Post-RoSaT SSJ3 Gotenks who < Super Boo who < Ultimate Gohan.

So, yeah, SSJ3 Goku was weaker than Ultimate Gohan. Sorry to break the news to you.
I tend not to post here anymore because what I say doesn't add to the conversation.

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:25 am

ThatGuyNamedChancey wrote:
Dbzejo wrote:I never understood how the f can someone say something like that? Legendary form that can only be obtained by brutal training in the Other World compared to the "unlocked potential" by just sitting there for 24 hours. Goku is my man, no.1, always.
IIRC, Goku said that he couldn't beat Fat Buu (pre-split) in SSJ3 (which I believe was later retconned to say that he could defeat Boo, he just let Gotenks defeat him--Boo, that is). Since SSJ3 Goku < Post-RoSaT SSJ Gotenks who < Post-RoSaT SSJ3 Gotenks who < Super Boo who < Ultimate Gohan.

So, yeah, SSJ3 Goku was weaker than Ultimate Gohan. Sorry to break the news to you.
SSJ3 Goku could have easily defeated Fat Buu, he was toying with him, he wanted for a new generation to defeat him, because he was dead at that time and he wasnt even supposed to be there.We never saw ssj3 vs super buu, that could be the deciding factor. I know i can curse,i cursed before :D Also, later Gohan stops with training so Goku is def stronger,lol

ThatGuyNamedChancey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThatGuyNamedChancey » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:49 am

I don't think Goku being dead at the time had anything to do with his strength. You could argue that he would be stronger being dead, though. Unless you're saying that he couldn't defeat Boo because he was running out of time, in which case, oops. :oops:

And I don't think SSJ3 Goku could have defeated Super Boo. Again, SSJ3 Goku was weaker than Post-RoSaT SSJ3 Gotenks whom I'm certain was slightly weaker than Super Boo. Since SSJ3 Goku is stronger than Fat Boo (pre-split) apparently (really dumb idea, Toriyama), and Post-RoSaT SSJ3 Gotenks is stronger than Fat Boo by a lot but weaker than Super Boo, that ranks Goku here: Fat Boo (pre-split) < SSJ3 Goku < Post-RoSaT SSJ3 Gotenks < Super Boo < Ultimate Gohan. So, Gohan would win the fight.

BTW, you never specified which point in the series this battle takes place. I assume you meant the End of Z, in hindsight. Because if it was EoZ Gohan vs EoZ Goku, I--admittedly--wouldn't be able to say... :? I suppose it would be more even of a fight, though. Perhaps Goku might win, but I'm still betting on Gohan. :P
I tend not to post here anymore because what I say doesn't add to the conversation.

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:43 am

It's not too complicated.

Goku, inside of Buu--even after ripping out Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Piccolo, and defusing him into regular Super Buu--says that he and Vegeta are still significantly weaker than Super Buu and couldn't beat him if they went outside and fought as they are.

This being Super Buu, who Gohan beat the absolute crap out of.

The Buu Goku later said he could've beaten was the fat one.

Gohan > Super Buu > Goku > Fat Buu

The anime confused the issue by changing some dialogue to make Goku seem much stronger.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

ThatGuyNamedChancey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThatGuyNamedChancey » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:47 am

Ah, alright. Thanks dude! :thumbup:

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:51 am

ThatGuyNamedChancey wrote:Ah, alright. Thanks dude! :thumbup:
S'okay.

...man, sorry if my above comment comes off as condescending, especially with the first line. This kind of debate tends to happen a lot due to certain Buu Saga characters never directly fighting.

ThatGuyNamedChancey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThatGuyNamedChancey » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:54 am

Captain Space wrote:...man, sorry if my above comment comes off as condescending, especially with the first line. This kind of debate tends to happen a lot due to certain Buu Saga characters never directly fighting.
Nah, I didn't take offense to it (hopefully Dbzejo doesn't take offense it either).

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:35 am

ThatGuyNamedChancey wrote:
Captain Space wrote:...man, sorry if my above comment comes off as condescending, especially with the first line. This kind of debate tends to happen a lot due to certain Buu Saga characters never directly fighting.
Nah, I didn't take offense to it (hopefully Dbzejo doesn't take offense it either).
Goku > Gohan :P

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:55 am

Dbzejo wrote: Goku > Gohan :P
I see XD

Tatakae!!Ramenman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatakae!!Ramenman » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:09 am

I always wanted to see super saiyan 3 goku vs broly in a movie, but we've seen broly too many times at this point so I wouldn't want to see broly again. I really liked the first movie so with the second and third movie I was really hoping goku would fight him as a super saiyan 3, but they just wanted to focus on goten and trunks.
Neo died for our smiths.

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:12 am

Tatakae!!Ramenman wrote:I always wanted to see super saiyan 3 goku vs broly in a movie, but we've seen broly too many times at this point so I wouldn't want to see broly again. I really liked the first movie so with the second and third movie I was really hoping goku would fight him as a super saiyan 3, but they just wanted to focus on goten and trunks.
Ssj3 Goku would destroy Broly. Broly movie was made in time of Cell games so he is in Cells and ssj2 gohans range. Dragon Ball has that nice power progression so its not hard to tell who would win...

Tatakae!!Ramenman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatakae!!Ramenman » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:20 am

I know that, but I was considering that it's the movies, so they would probably just make him stronger.
Neo died for our smiths.

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:22 am

Tatakae!!Ramenman wrote:I know that, but I was considering that it's the movies, so they would probably just make him stronger.
Yeah, but honestly we got enogh of Broly movies, they should focus on canon movies like the 2 new ones...

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:38 am

Nobody but a protagonist with a plot device can beat Broly.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:39 am

Dbzejo wrote:
Tatakae!!Ramenman wrote:I know that, but I was considering that it's the movies, so they would probably just make him stronger.
Yeah, but honestly we got enogh of Broly movies, they should focus on canon movies like the 2 new ones...
The two movies aren't "canon", not now that Super exists.