Most one-sided fight?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonDuck
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Most one-sided fight?

Post by DragonDuck » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Kuririn vs. Slug. No question :wink:
Champion of 2nd Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenka'ichi Budokai

There should be a witty quote or something down here. I'm just not imaginative enough to come up with anything.

gogeta1231

Post by gogeta1231 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Videl vs Spopovich. A little bit too one sided. :?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:40 am

Nappa vs Everyone (not goku - vegeta)
Freeza vs nail
Frieza vs everyone (final form, pre-goku)
#17 vs trunks , piccolo
#19 vs super vegeta
#20 vs piccolo
Trunks vs mecha and cold
Cell (post) vs battle worn piccolo
Cell Jrs vs humans and goku
Cell vs SS2 gohan
Cell Jrs vs SS2 gohan
#16 vs cell
Buu vs Vegeta (both majin)
Super vegetto vs Buu-han
Super candy vegetto vs buuhan
Vegeta vs kid buu
Soldiers vs Z fighters
Shisami vs gohan
Tagoma vs everyone (except piccolo and gohan)
Tagoma vs piccolo
Tagoma vs Gotenks
Tagoma vs SS gohan
SS gohan vs freeza
Still to come .......................
Respect Freeza

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:55 pm

I'm currently watching Dragonball.

Maybe someone already mentioned this but Mercenary Tao took out General Blue with his tongue.

Another completely one sided fight from DBZ that I can think of was first form Freeza vs Nail.

Dodoria vs the Elder Moori was also gruesome and one sided.

Vegeta against Cui on Namek as well. Many fights in the Freeza Arc were one sided if you think about it.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:09 pm

Gohan vs anyone he fought. It's either a stomp in his favour or a stomp in their favour. I think Dabura, and SPC are the only people he ever fought that didn't end in a one sided fight for either person.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:36 pm

So nobody mentioned Gohan vs Frieza (Fusion Reborn)? xD

If we're talking about actual fights, then Broly vs everyone (1st movie) takes the cake. He was unphased by a kamehameha to the face, as well as absolutely all their punches and kicks. If that wasn't bad enough, he showed he could also dodge their barrage of attacks if he wanted to... at once!
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:03 pm

Roshi defeated Yamcha by waving a hand in his general direction, and letting the wind generated by the wave knock Yamcha out.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:17 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Roshi defeated Yamcha by waving a hand in his general direction, and letting the wind generated by the wave knock Yamcha out.
I thought it was some kind of ki attack.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:21 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Roshi defeated Yamcha by waving a hand in his general direction, and letting the wind generated by the wave knock Yamcha out.
Anime-only. In the manga, he pretty much just waves his hand and that's it.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Soccerjam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soccerjam » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:03 am

Every Goku vs. Pilaf, Mai, and Shu moment.

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:01 pm

How about Frieza vs Gohan in the RoF movie, that was a fun one :V
Last edited by Pocket-God on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Soccerjam wrote:Every Goku vs. Pilaf, Mai, and Shu moment.
Even when Goku was trapped and needed Oozaru to escape?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:17 pm

The most one-sided fight these days is Gohan vs. Toei writing staff. Gohan doesn't stand a chance.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:27 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Anime-only. In the manga, he pretty much just waves his hand and that's it.
Yup.

Makes me wonder if Toei added that to soften the blow and make the defeat less pitiful, lol.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:43 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
Makes me wonder if Toei added that to soften the blow and make the defeat less pitiful, lol.
I think the reason why Toei hates Gohan so much is cuz they like Yamcha lots (though obviously not as much as Goku) and Gohan copies his style.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Bear

Post by Bear » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:04 am

Farmer with Shotgun vs Raditts. Bastard didn't even stand a chance.

[spoiler]The latter of course :lol:[/spoiler]
Big Green: And you say you're the prince of the Space Warriors.
Vejituh: Oh Big Green, face reali-TY!

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:15 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:So nobody mentioned Gohan vs Frieza (Fusion Reborn)? xD

If we're talking about actual fights, then Broly vs everyone (1st movie) takes the cake. He was unphased by a kamehameha to the face, as well as absolutely all their punches and kicks. If that wasn't bad enough, he showed he could also dodge their barrage of attacks if he wanted to... at once!
If we count the movies as well I agree Broly first movie vs everyone else takes the cake.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:35 pm

This is Nappa the thread.

The fact is he basically obliterated the best forces on earth and Goku is barely there to save what remains of it.

The fact that when Nappa is still standing but the time Goku gets there is an embarrassment.

I suppose you could say the same from Frieza or Cell, but it was nothing like this beat down. Looking back on it I still don’t feel like any of them should have survived and that’s saying a lot when compared to everything before and after that point.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:37 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:So nobody mentioned Gohan vs Frieza (Fusion Reborn)? xD

If we count the movies as well I agree Broly first movie vs everyone else takes the cake.
Yeah this is the epitome of no sale tanking. I don’t think the guy managed to breath heavy even once, right up until the deux ex machina win.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:04 pm

I second Taopaipai vs General Blue. Killing a dude with your tongue is fucking sick.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)