Things that grind your gears

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Things that grind your gears

Post by Ripper 30 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:05 am

Bardo117 wrote:Wait a minute... I specifically called out that Fans who think the Japanese dub is superior by default of being the original. Every point of my posts addresses this fact!

Nobody is losing sleep over any of this, lol but it's still a discussing worth having I think.
No one thinks that Japanese version is better by default but if you watch How bad adaption the dub is, you will yourself see how Japanese version for DBZ is better and why most fans prefer it. Atleast on this site we give reasons for calling Japanese version better unlike other fans on other Social sites who keep shitting on the Dub for every anime without any reasoning.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:34 am

How about the fact that the overwhelming majority of posts by the user with the highest post count are just consisting of an entire paragraph stating "I agree with what you said"?
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:49 am

Ripper 30 wrote:
Bardo117 wrote:Wait a minute... I specifically called out that Fans who think the Japanese dub is superior by default of being the original. Every point of my posts addresses this fact!

Nobody is losing sleep over any of this, lol but it's still a discussing worth having I think.
No one thinks that Japanese version is better by default but if you watch How bad adaption the dub is, you will yourself see how Japanese version for DBZ is better and why most fans prefer it. Atleast on this site we give reasons for calling Japanese version better unlike other fans on other Social sites who keep shitting on the Dub for every anime without any reasoning.
Thank you! :D At least this site will give legit criticism for why they believe the dub is bad. It's much better than other sites that shit on anime dubs without providing any actual criticism for it's accuracy or voice acting. Seriously most actual dub haters are delusional as fuck or incredibly elitist.

What most people refuse to understand is that "not liking the dub" does not equal "it's a shitty dub", I don't personally care for Attack on Titans dub but it's still accurate and has some good acting so I'd still call it good.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:15 am

DragonBallKing wrote:
Ripper 30 wrote:

Thank you! :D At least this site will give legit criticism for why they believe the dub is bad. It's much better than other sites that shit on anime dubs without providing any actual criticism for it's accuracy or voice acting. Seriously most actual dub haters are delusional as fuck or incredibly elitist.

What most people refuse to understand is that "not liking the dub" does not equal "it's a shitty dub", I don't personally care for Attack on Titans dub but it's still accurate and has some good acting so I'd still call it good.
SnK dub is decent in my opinion, I watched that show in dub and honestly didn't minded any of those voices
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:58 am

Another thing which grind my gears is when Dub fans try to play victims and call the Kanzenshuu Members sub elitist or Biased for Japanese version when it's not even true.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:39 am

Sailor Haumea wrote:How about the fact that the overwhelming majority of posts by the user with the highest post count are just consisting of an entire paragraph stating "I agree with what you said"?
Is it? How do you figure?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:30 am

I don't know if it grinded my gears or not, but I remember back in the day people used to write SSGSS as "SSJSSJG." My eyes hurt just looking at it. Thank god it got Super Saiyan Blue as a name or else we would still be seeing that abomination today.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 am

You're right about that. This place is a great haven for all things Dragon Ball, even if we sometimes disagree.
El Conejo Malo

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 am

MajinMan wrote:I don't know if it grinded my gears or not, but I remember back in the day people used to write SSGSS as "SSJSSJG." My eyes hurt just looking at it. Thank god it got Super Saiyan Blue as a name or else we would still be seeing that abomination today.
I still see some people insist on calling it SSGSS, and it makes my brain cry out in pain every time I see it.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:15 am

PremiumSalt wrote:I still see some people insist on calling it SSGSS, and it makes my brain cry out in pain every time I see it.
This is still what it's called, written as, and referred to in every official merchandise and production capacity other than in-show/comic dialog.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:27 am

VegettoEX wrote:
PremiumSalt wrote:I still see some people insist on calling it SSGSS, and it makes my brain cry out in pain every time I see it.
This is still what it's called, written as, and referred to in every official merchandise and production capacity other than in-show/comic dialog.
Why do they insist on that name? SSB sounds wayyyy cooler. And is more practical, being more manageable.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:28 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Right and I also still use it because it actually describes what the form is, it is a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. "Super Saiyan Blue" does not describe what it is in the slightest, it is like calling SS2 "Super Saiyan Lightning effects" or SS3 "Super Saiyan no eyebrows".
MajinMan wrote:I don't know if it grinded my gears or not, but I remember back in the day people used to write SSGSS as "SSJSSJG." My eyes hurt just looking at it. Thank god it got Super Saiyan Blue as a name or else we would still be seeing that abomination today.
Funny thing is, it seems only westerners really had "J" with SS. Like Merchandise never use "J" and DBS writer Toshio also never uses "J" on twitter (at least from what I seen).
DSB wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
Why do they insist on that name? SSB sounds wayyyy cooler. And is more practical, being more manageable.
Because it was already marketed as SSGSS before "SSB" was even thing. It is not practical to suddenly change marketing it from SSGSS to "SSB".

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:31 am

Ripper 30 wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:
Ripper 30 wrote: No one thinks that Japanese version is better by default but if you watch How bad adaption the dub is, you will yourself see how Japanese version for DBZ is better and why most fans prefer it. Atleast on this site we give reasons for calling Japanese version better unlike other fans on other Social sites who keep shitting on the Dub for every anime without any reasoning.

SnK dub is decent in my opinion, I watched that show in dub and honestly didn't minded any of those voices
I like the dub but I would have preferred someone else for Eren.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:42 am

Wasn't there a scene were they specifically acknowledge the name change ? Because Super Saiyan god Super Saiyan sounds kind of dumb....
El Conejo Malo

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 am

Bardo117 wrote:Wasn't there a scene were they specifically acknowledge the name change ? Because Super Saiyan god Super Saiyan sounds kind of dumb....
Only in the manga, because "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" had never actually been spoken aloud by characters in the movie or series.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:40 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Ripper 30 wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:

Yes that voice could have been better though Levi dub voice was cool

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:43 am

When someone expects me to believe any non-Mister Satan gag character doesn't suck ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:44 am

Ripper 30 wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:
Ripper 30 wrote:
Yes that voice could have been better though Levi dub voice was cool
I've been thinking that the guy who voiced Armin would have suited Eren better than Papenbrook. For Armin, they should have gotten a girl to voice him.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:56 am

This is a forum issue, but I'm sick of "Dragon Ball Super sucks", threads. Like we get it, and the super section is filled with them. I think we should have a just general complaint thread for stuff like that.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 am

ekrolo2 wrote:When someone expects me to believe any non-Mister Satan gag character doesn't suck ;)
I'll fight anyone who says Pilaf isn't funny.