Things that grind your gears

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Things that grind your gears

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:08 am

ekrolo2 wrote:When someone says "Well Super being a piece of crap isn't Toriyama/Toei's fault!". Well of course! It's actually the fault of a secret race war between the unicorns and crab people over the Iron Throne of fucking Narnia! Seriously, even if you're someone who likes this show, loves it even, you cannot, CAN.NOT! tell me that the production of it isn't fucked harder than life itself.
I like Dragon Ball Super, and I completely 170% agree with you on the fact that the production was rushed faster than the transformers movies

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:27 am

I used to say that fans that talk about BS rumors and do clickbait videos and articles really grind my gears. In a way, they still do a little bit, but most of the rumor talk going around is from kids being kids. The same stuff happened when I was younger so I'm not surprised that the new generation is doing it.

What grinds my gears now is seeing high-profile fans calling other fans out for simply believing the BS rumors and calling them names on Twitter and stuff. The older fans who know better, check their sources, and stuff should behave better towards kids. Y'know, "Lead by example," and all that.

All the Dragon Ball clickbait in the world is less annoying than adults picking on kids.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:33 am

Kendamu wrote:I used to say that fans that talk about BS rumors and do clickbait videos and articles really grind my gears. In a way, they still do a little bit, but most of the rumor talk going around is from kids being kids. The same stuff happened when I was younger so I'm not surprised that the new generation is doing it.

What grinds my gears now is seeing high-profile fans calling other fans out for simply believing the BS rumors and calling them names on Twitter and stuff. The older fans who know better, check their sources, and stuff should behave better towards kids. Y'know, "Lead by example," and all that.

All the Dragon Ball clickbait in the world is less annoying than adults picking on kids.
That's easy to say for someone who doesn't despise kids. As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't wade into our domain if they can't handle detraction, critique, the occasional shame, etc. that so many of them need and deserve. After all, the majority of kids on the internet act like total scumbags to anyone that tickles their nose the wrong way. We're lucky to have a place like this, where we're free from most of that.
Retired.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:40 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Kendamu wrote:I used to say that fans that talk about BS rumors and do clickbait videos and articles really grind my gears. In a way, they still do a little bit, but most of the rumor talk going around is from kids being kids. The same stuff happened when I was younger so I'm not surprised that the new generation is doing it.

That's easy to say for someone who doesn't despise kids. As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't wade into our domain if they can't handle detraction, critique, the occasional shame, etc. that so many of them need and deserve. After all, the majority of kids on the internet act like total scumbags to anyone that tickles their nose the wrong way. We're lucky to have a place like this, where we're free from most of that.
What the fuck ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:43 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:

I'm 13, i'm a child :twisted: , But I totally agree with you most of us shouldn't be allowed near the infinite void known as the internet, as most Children are a bunch of sociopath's masquerading as people. Before they evolve into people

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:50 am

Geez!! I remember being a kid and I turned out alright without anyone treating me so badly as what I'm talking about!

I'd rather not chase off any potential future VegettoEX types that'll be doing their own Dragon Ball retrospectives when I'm old!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:59 am

I'm not a fan of gate keeping youngsters from the internet. We were all young on the internet once to. Don't see why standards need to be so high. There are plenty of grown people who are just as, if not more, immature and their higher age doesn't make them less annoying.

I was an annoying 13 year old on the internet as well. Then some dude on a forum I've long forgotten gave me a rant about my behavior that made me think about how I conduct myself online and how I should or shouldn't interpret the dialogue of others.

Kids need to start somewhere. But that might just be my teacher side talking.
Last edited by Boo Machine on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:06 am

Boo Machine wrote:I'm not a fan of gate keeping youngsters from the internet. We were all young on the internet once to. Don't see why standards need to be so high. There are plenty of grown people who are just as if not more immature and their higher age doesn't make them less annoying.

I was an annoying 13 year old on the internet as well. Then some dude on a forum I've long forgotten gave me a rant about my behavior that made me think about how I conduct myself online and how I should or shouldn't interpret the dialogue of others.

Do you happen to be a teacher ?
But yeah, not letting kids online because they will ruin your super duper series discussion, is not only pretentious, but childish too. If they really bother you that much, just ignore them.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:16 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:I'm not a fan of gate keeping youngsters from the internet. We were all young on the internet once to. Don't see why standards need to be so high. There are plenty of grown people who are just as if not more immature and their higher age doesn't make them less annoying.

But yeah, not letting kids online because they will ruin your super duper series discussion, is not only pretentious, but childish too. If they really bother you that much, just ignore them.
Sure am. Not sure If I want to stick with it (Still taking classes for other things) but it's what I do right now.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:19 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Do you happen to be a teacher ?
Agreed. Let them on. Kids can be kids. That's why we love them and sometimes dislike them. But we should expose the younger generation of fans to more informational parts of the fandom like here at Kanzenshuu. There's gonna be hard times, but I don't care. They're freaking kids!

Not to mention that, to VegettoEX, a lot of us here probably seem like kids to him when you consider how long he's been doing this. Having a few younger ones here at the site probably wouldn't bother him much.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:21 am

Boo Machine wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:

Sure am. Not sure If I want to stick with it (Still taking classes for other things) but it's what I do right now.
That's pretty cool. Teaching is something I want to do. Next to being an editor or a Lawyer (runs in the family), it's want I want to do the most.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:56 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
That's pretty cool. Teaching is something I want to do. Next to being an editor or a Lawyer (runs in the family), it's want I want to do the most.
That's the right attitude to have if you want to be a teacher. I should know, since I am one - I teach Media in high school. A lot of people enter this profession thinking it's easy money just to stand at the front of a class, write stuff on the board, and have kids copy it down, but it's so much more than that. It's exhausting, time consuming and stressful, but it's also incredibly rewarding knowing you're making a positive impact in kids' lives, even if it doesn't initially seem that way. That said, it's certainly not a job just anyone can do. You have to be prepared to put up with a hell of a lot of shit, whether it's from kids, parents or your employer among others, and the pay isn't that great in comparison to just how much work you actually end up doing. Heck, many of my peers are alcoholics to a minor degree - thankfully I'm not that bad yet, although I do enjoy a few drinks on my Friday evenings. But despite all that, I can't see myself in any other profession.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:43 pm

My stance is: You say something stupid on the internet, people should be allowed to call it stupid. If you're a child (Like I was when I made my first stupid comment), then that just means you need to be told it's stupid all the more.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:02 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
Agreed. Let them on. Kids can be kids. That's why we love them and sometimes dislike them. But we should expose the younger generation of fans to more informational parts of the fandom like here at Kanzenshuu. There's gonna be hard times, but I don't care. They're freaking kids!

Not to mention that, to VegettoEX, a lot of us here probably seem like kids to him when you consider how long he's been doing this. Having a few younger ones here at the site probably wouldn't bother him much.
I love that yourself, Jinzoningen, & Soppa Saia keep using third-person pronouns, lol. I think there are quite a few notable users whom I wont name, on this site in their teens/late childhood years that come on here, & are probably especially well-kept & reserved. That is something that a ton of geeks have an issue with. We are probably lucky to have youth like that actually. It is on a spectrum of course - I'm only 20 & have been here nearly 3 years, & there are people similar to my own age that have been here 7-10 years at this point, El Diabeetus & one other IIRC, off the top of my head.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:15 pm

huzaifa_ahmed wrote:I love that yourself, Jinzoningen, & Soppa Saia keep using third-person pronouns, lol.
I'm registered for the draft and all, which I think makes me an ill-tempered adult. I'm sure I'll disagree in a few years, though.
Retired.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:19 pm

huzaifa_ahmed wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:

I love that yourself, Jinzoningen, & Soppa Saia keep using third-person pronouns, lol. I think there are quite a few notable users whom I wont name, on this site in their teens/late childhood years that come on here, & are probably especially well-kept & reserved. That is something that a ton of geeks have an issue with. We are probably lucky to have youth like that actually. It is on a spectrum of course - I'm only 20 & have been here nearly 3 years, & there are people similar to my own age that have been here 7-10 years at this point, El Diabeetus & one other IIRC, off the top of my head.
Oh yeah, in the grand scheme of things, I'm a kid, (I'm younger then the site itself) but they way MULE was using "kid" is was thinking 10-14 range.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:21 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
huzaifa_ahmed wrote:I love that yourself, Jinzoningen, & Soppa Saia keep using third-person pronouns, lol.
I'm registered for the draft and all, which I think makes me an ill-tempered adult. I'm sure I'll disagree in a few years, though.
There is no draft.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:26 pm

ABED wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
There is no draft.
The NBA draft. Jinzoningen MULE to the Nets.
But yeah, I'm confused as well.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:27 pm

ABED wrote:There is no draft.
You're still supposed to register in case there is a need for one, or else you can be fined. Although most people I know haven't and are just fine.

This is hardly the place to discuss that, though.
Retired.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
ABED wrote:There is no draft.
You're still supposed to register in case there is a need for one, or else you can be fined. Although most people I know haven't and are just fine.
Selective service is not the same as the draft. The draft hasn't existed since the early 70's.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.