Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Boo Machine » Tue May 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:I just remembered something from even before I went to Middle School, I literally had everyone show more disgust at me than usual whenever I was doing anything related to Dragon Ball Z. Especially if I was taking notes to memorize later. It pretty much seemed like they all shared the same mindset as Zamasu. Did anyone else had this happen to them?
It would happen when it was something like Pokemon, or Magic the gathering or the like. I had some dude call me a loser because I had a digimon pencil bag even when half the class was playing with Yu-Gi-Oh cards at that moment. (I think we were having a free day for something. I don't remember much from that day very clearly except for that and I ate way too many cupcakes.). Middle school was kinda weird like that for some reason. But where I come from most kids liked DBZ. So if you were seen with something related to it, it was pretty much accepted. Especially in high school where everyone was more mellowed out and generally just all around accepting.

I even knew a few growups who liked it including my father who still watches it to this day.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed May 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Well... not that it's really worth mentioning, but I might as well go for it.

I signed up for this site one year ago today! The following day, one week after the official announcement of Xenoverse 2, I made my first post (which was, of course, in that game's thread). Thought I would do a throwback avatar as well - a re-cropped version of my first!

Thanks for the amazing first year, everyone.
On that matter you're not active as you used to be before, mate. I remember seeing you in every thread I was, but now that's just rare!

Having spent too much time with wife and kids? :P
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed May 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Noah wrote:On that matter you're not active as you used to be before, mate. I remember seeing you in every thread I was, but now that's just rare!
Having spent too much time with wife and kids? :P
Nah, I'm a little ol' teenager. :D I haven't found as many threads I feel like I should contribute to for a couple different reasons, chiefly due to how downhill the Super portion of the fanbase has gone since about episode 66 IMO. I can assure you that I'm still here, though! Always open for PMs on that rare (like once in a blue moon) occasion that anyone actually wants to talk. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Wed May 24, 2017 10:28 pm

What exactly is energy in the Dragon Ball universe? I'm afraid of looking it up in the wiki because I've been told it can be unreliable

I ask because I was re-watching this scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxCxeBtE7ac&t=21s
Supreme Kai tells us that Trunk's energy is expanding at an amazing rate and it got me thinking, does that mean Trunks becomes more POWERFUL or is he only able to be more ENDURABLE in Ikari?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed May 24, 2017 10:42 pm

MaskedRider wrote:What exactly is energy in the Dragon Ball universe? I'm afraid of looking it up in the wiki because I've been told it can be unreliable

I ask because I was re-watching this scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxCxeBtE7ac&t=21s
Supreme Kai tells us that Trunk's energy is expanding at an amazing rate and it got me thinking, does that mean Trunks becomes more POWERFUL or is he only able to be more ENDURABLE in Ikari?
"Energy" is Ki, or Chi, as it's more casually known. It's the essence and power of the spirit, and in the case of Dragon Ball, it's a badass super power.
Retired.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:59 pm

As of now, I have 30 episodes left till I finish DBZ.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu May 25, 2017 6:05 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:As of now, I have 30 episodes left till I finish DBZ.
Are you planning on watching Super and/or GT once you finish? Or will you be "done"?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu May 25, 2017 7:25 pm

While Spirit vs Spirit is amazing, I feel that Wrath of the Gods is underrated.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:45 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:As of now, I have 30 episodes left till I finish DBZ.
Are you planning on watching Super and/or GT once you finish? Or will you be "done"?
No, it's just DBZ that I need to watch. I already saw the entirety of GT and I'm up to date with Super.
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 26, 2017 5:38 am

Super's art style is growing on me and Z is getting more and more not so pretty to look at..
But Super lacks the emotional aspect of z and db, so it balances each other out
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri May 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Draconic wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
Draconic wrote: Came here to say the exact same thing :lol: Too bad Barry probably never watched Dragon Ball.
Between runs I wonder if he's watching Super. I mean, the Savitar situation is pretty similar to the Goku Black one.
I'll betcha Jay Garrick watched Dragon Ball. :P
He probably watched Dr Slump too!
Wally West probably watched GT as a kid.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:16 am

Kid Boo arc is all that's left now! 15 more episodes!
My Anime List
My Manga List

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat May 27, 2017 10:29 am

Question, who designed Kale for DBSuper? I mean she even wears Broly's shoes, I doubt Toriyama would go that far to make a complete Broly female counterpart. WCF figures showing her full design http://imgur.com/a/oyc6a. Wonder will she be in the manga version of Super

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat May 27, 2017 1:08 pm

mute_proxy wrote:Question, who designed Kale for DBSuper? I mean she even wears Broly's shoes, I doubt Toriyama would go that far to make a complete Broly female counterpart. WCF figures showing her full design http://imgur.com/a/oyc6a. Wonder will she be in the manga version of Super
Toriyama designed her, probably based on a suggestion from the DB room. Yamamuro is responsible for the anime design.
Retired.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Super's art style is growing on me and Z is getting more and more not so pretty to look at..
How? I like Super's style too, whenever its drawn right, but Z's is way better.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat May 27, 2017 2:17 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Super's art style is growing on me and Z is getting more and more not so pretty to look at..
I'm also curious. Super isn't offensive, but I'd have a hard time even saying it's on-par with the character and texture of older material.
Retired.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat May 27, 2017 2:18 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Yeah the drawn better instances are what I am talking about..
It's just a matter of them looking pretty..
Like I said, if it's about actually enjoying the emotions behind the characters, it's z all the way
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat May 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Question, who designed Kale for DBSuper? I mean she even wears Broly's shoes, I doubt Toriyama would go that far to make a complete Broly female counterpart. WCF figures showing her full design http://imgur.com/a/oyc6a. Wonder will she be in the manga version of Super
Toriyama designed her, probably based on a suggestion from the DB room. Yamamuro is responsible for the anime design.
Probably toyotaro designed her, since kale design is similar to momo in my hero academia, and Toyo is a fan of that anime
Mostly active on discord.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: Yeah the drawn better instances are what I am talking about..
It's just a matter of them looking pretty..
Like I said, if it's about actually enjoying the emotions behind the characters, it's z all the way
Can you give show some examples? Z has a lot of nice-looking/attractive designs too, because I'm pretty sure for every single example you give for Super. I can give about two times that for Z, well maybe a little less (I don't know), but Super's designs really don't compare to Z. It's just my opinion, but I would really like to see some examples.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat May 27, 2017 9:43 pm

So, what are the Japenese spellings of Vados, Bulma, and Chi-Chi?