Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:56 am

Anyone know what happened to the extended cut of Resurrection F?

I remember hearing it aired on Fuji TV or something, but that there hasn't been any kind of real release of it yet.
I ask because I'm considering buying BoG and RF at some point, but while Battle Of Gods seems to include an extended "Uncut" version in all its releases, RF is its theatrical form on every release...
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:04 am

Robo4900 wrote:Anyone know what happened to the extended cut of Resurrection F?

I remember hearing it aired on Fuji TV or something, but that there hasn't been any kind of real release of it yet.
I ask because I'm considering buying BoG and RF at some point, but while Battle Of Gods seems to include an extended "Uncut" version in all its releases, RF is its theatrical form on every release...
The one with extra footage promoting the FT Arc? There's supposed to be a French release of it, but it's been delayed about half a million times already, so there might be some licensing issues. I wouldn't count on it ever getting a home release, and even if it does, it's not actually an extended cut, it just adds about 15 minutes where Trunks is going over some of Dragon Ball's history, mostly an abridged retelling of the events on Namek.
Retired.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Oh, I see.
Thanks for the clarification.

So, the theatrical version is the only real version of the movie, with the Fuji TV version just essentially having a Future Trunks Arc teaser tacked onto the end?
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Robo4900 wrote:Oh, I see.

So, the theatrical version is the only real version of the movie, with the Fuji TV version just essentially having a Future Trunks Arc teaser tacked onto the end?
I don't know if it's tacked onto the end (I've only watched clips of the added material on Youtube), but that's about right.

If you do want an "extended cut" of RoF to enjoy, Ajay made something like that by mish-mashing the RoF movie and arc together, I'd definitely say that's an improvement over the original movie. Don't know if he has it available since a piracy website went down, though.
Retired.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:03 am

I honestly forgot Oob even existed, until I was thinking about GT. What a pointless character.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:19 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:I honestly forgot Oob even existed, until I was thinking about GT. What a pointless character.
He actually worked very well for the ending, but GT decided not to build on that at all. He's there... then he's not.
Retired.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:26 am

Robo4900 wrote:Oh, I see.

The "extended" version has Trunks recapping the Namek battle between Goku and Freeza, pretty greatly reanimated, then the movie starts and is the same, with a tease of Goku Black at the end, once things move back to the future timeline.

It pretty much just add a Future Trunks prologue and epilogue. Otherwise, the movie is the same.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:48 pm

I wonder if the next arc after the current one will be the last one on Super :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Noah wrote:I wonder if the next arc after the current one will be the last one on Super :think:
Unless Shueisha decides it hates money, it won't be the last arc.
Retired.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Noah wrote:I wonder if the next arc after the current one will be the last one on Super :think:
Unless Shueisha decides it hates money, it won't be the last arc.
I think it's certainly possible they just end the series and start another one immediately after if (1) Toriyama decides he doesn't want to continue working on Super anymore or (2) it moves beyond EoZ.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:09 am

It would be so funny if the whole universal erasure thing turns out to be just a hoax planned by Goku in complicity with Zeno Sama and Daishinkan, just to motivate the universes to bring out their best and strongest fighters.

It would give a whole new meaning to Frieza's line in episode 95 when he says that universal erasure is an oportunity to manipulate the gods.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:50 pm

This character gets his homeworld invaded by a cocky bastard, who proceeds to kill the entire population of his planet. However, he manages to survive thanks to the good guys intervening. They are no match for the villain, though, so they go into hiding, trying to come up with a way to get past this situation.
Just as the true fight begins, it's revealed that our character has healing powers, allowing everybody to continue the fight longer, even when outmatched, though it proves to be useless after all. Once the bad guy figures out the healing powers, he blasts away the character putting him out of commission.

Now, who am I talking about?

Why, Dende of course! You might have mistakenly think that I was talking about the manga version of Future Trunks, but that's because no matter how you spin it, they are about just as relevant.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Draconic wrote:This character gets his homeworld invaded by a cocky bastard, who proceeds to kill the entire population of his planet. However, he manages to survive thanks to the good guys intervening. They are no match for the villain, though, so they go into hiding, trying to come up with a way to get past this situation.
Just as the true fight begins, it's revealed that our character has healing powers, allowing everybody to continue the fight longer, even when outmatched, though it proves to be useless after all. Once the bad guy figures out the healing powers, he blasts away the character putting him out of commission.

Now, who am I talking about?

Why, Dende of course! You might have mistakenly think that I was talking about the manga version of Future Trunks, but that's because no matter how you spin it, they are about just as relevant.
Coincidence,I think not, the only difference between dende and trunks is, Trunks actually fight and gets owned more and he slice a fool in half
    Cann anyone tell me the names of the technique that black use to trow Trunks around Like a ragdoll in chapter 21,it kinda looks like roshi electric attack
    Mostly active on discord.

Gog
    I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:35 pm

When Freeza refers to his Parents/Parent in the manga he uses the word ご両親 (goryoushin) if I read it wrong doesn't that usually refer to two parents? Or am I completely wrong here?

rereboy
    Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Gog wrote:When Freeza refers to his Parents/Parent in the manga he uses the word ご両親 (goryoushin) if I read it wrong doesn't that usually refer to two parents? Or am I completely wrong here?
    Not really because Japanese doesn't work as english does regarding singular and plural. Basically it's ambiguous whether the line refers to a parent (single) or to parents (plural).

Gog
    I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:41 pm

rereboy wrote:
    Gog wrote:When Freeza refers to his Parents/Parent in the manga he uses the word ご両親 (goryoushin) if I read it wrong doesn't that usually refer to two parents? Or am I completely wrong here?
    Not really because Japanese doesn't work as english does regarding singular and plural. Basically it's ambiguous whether the line refers to a parent (single) or to parents (plural).
    Thanks for making that clear. :D

Bansho64
    I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Does anyone else here have a soft spot for the Kikuchi placement in Kai? I know it's considered to be not as good as the original placement and it does get repetitive, but I don't think it's all that bad. Part of it is due to nostalgia I guess since that's the first score I ever heard in anything Dragon Balk related, but I partly actually do think it holds up well in a lot of scenes.

Anyone else agree?

Jinzoningen MULE
    I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Bansho64 wrote:Does anyone else here have a soft spot for the Kikuchi placement in Kai? I know it's considered to be not as good as the original placement and it does get repetitive, but I don't think it's all that bad. Part of it is due to nostalgia I guess since that's the first score I ever heard in anything Dragon Balk related, but I partly actually do think it holds up well in a lot of scenes.

Anyone else agree?
    Absolutely, and I prefer it to the Yamamoto score. It's not perfect, but it sets a consistent, (usually) fitting tone. In cases where it wasn't entirely complimentary to what's happening on-screen, which is much rarer than most would have you believe, it's worth putting that into the context of the likely rushed replacement. It's not the original Kikuchi score and it isn't trying to be, but it works well all on its own in spite of that.
    Retired.

RedRibbonSoldier#42
    Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Gog wrote:
    rereboy wrote:
    I am still not clear. That word means "both parents"; it's inherently plural.

rereboy
    Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:01 pm

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:
    Gog wrote:
    rereboy wrote:
    I am still not clear. That word means "both parents"; it's inherently plural.
    Japanese doesn't have a true or real plural the way english does.

Here's a quote from another place: "In general, plurality in Japanese is determined by context, and not a simple change of the word, like how we can make "apple" into "apples", in English. If you wanted to express that you had seen birds, you would say something like, "Tori wo mita", which means the exact same thing as "I saw a bird". Context alone will tell you the true meaning."

What Freeza says in the manga doesn't constitute an exception. It's simply ambiguous enough due to this for a definite conclusion to not be possible.