Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Noah » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:52 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:Mr. Popo.
Why? :eh:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Noah wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:Mr. Popo.
Why? :eh:
It was the first character that came to my mind.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:21 am

Does the original manga imply or state in anyway that Freeza is a mutant?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Gog wrote:Does the original manga imply or state in anyway that Freeza is a mutant?
I don't think so, also there was interviews or stuff that implies King Cold is a mutant like his son?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:50 pm

Noah wrote:
Gog wrote:Does the original manga imply or state in anyway that Freeza is a mutant?
I don't think so, also there was interviews or stuff that implies King Cold is a mutant like his son?
Yes, in fact there was an interview with Akira Toriyama!

Another quick question but why does the Falcouner music play all the time in the Funimation dub? I watched a scene from Coola's revenge and it was unwatchable.

TheQuazz
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheQuazz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:10 am

Gog wrote:
Noah wrote:
Yes, in fact there was an interview with Akira Toriyama!

Another quick question but why does the Falcouner music play all the time in the Funimation dub? I watched a scene from Coola's revenge and it was unwatchable.
I don't think Falconer Productions scored for any of the movies, the music in Coola's Revenge was done by some rock band(s) that Dale Kelly knew, I think. Anyway I don't think anyone knows why the music plays all the time, maybe the production team just assumed that was what kids where used to as most cartoons at the time had constant BGM, and didn't want to risk making the show "too boring". Another (possible) reason is that they wanted to cram as many different pieces into the show as possible so they could sell more songs on their soundtrack releases.

I have a question of my own, does anybody have some examples of the "unfinished animation" that many people on this sight like to tout as the primary example of why the cropped versions of the movies are the superior release? I've looked over the 3 movies I own in fullscreen and I can't find anything, and I can't dig up any examples on the web either.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:21 pm

What are the odds of getting collected releases for the Video Game Spinoff Mangas (Heroes: Victory Mission, Fusions etc.)? Is it better to hunt down previous issues from the various Jump publications, or is there hope to not have to go through those lengths in order to own those stories?
Last edited by TheOverlyMadHatter on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:23 pm

TheOverlyMadHatter wrote:What are the odds of getting collected releases for the Video Game Spinoff Mangas (Heroes: Victory Mission, Fusions etc.)? Is it better to hunt down previous issues from thr varipus Jump publication, or is there hope to not have to go through those lengths in order to own those stories?
Their only notable function is the promotion of video games, so I'd say next to none.
Retired.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Would Zamasu and Black give the same treatment they give to humans to animals? For example, if let's say, a cat came across Black -- would he treat it with kindness or kill it?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:24 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:Would Zamasu and Black give the same treatment they give to humans to animals? For example, if let's say, a cat came across Black -- would he treat it with kindness or kill it?
They specifically say that the want to extinguish the ningen, which in no way implies animals. In the conversations between Gowasu and Zamasu in the manga, it's made clear that Zamasu doesn't have a problem with lower creatures. I'd say he's probably indifferent on animals. Though if he were a cat person, I wouldn't be surprised.
Retired.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:26 pm

I don't like how this thread went nowhere. Do all Dragon Ball Kai 1.0 DVDs and Blu-Rays across all regions have that grid issue? Does Kai 2.0 have that issue?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:50 pm

Danfun64 wrote:I don't like how this thread went nowhere. Do all Dragon Ball Kai 1.0 DVDs and Blu-Rays across all regions have that grid issue? Does Kai 2.0 have that issue?
It doesn't seem to be a problem glancing through the first through Kai Episodes, and I've never noticed it before. I consider it solved.
Retired.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:06 am

Probably an obvious question, and I probably asked it before, but nobody answered the last time and I'd like to ask it anyway...

The Funimation Dragon Boxes are known for audio sync issues. Do the Toei Dragon Boxes (of each series) have similar issues? What about the Bricks and the Blu-Rays?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:58 am

Danfun64 wrote:Probably an obvious question, and I probably asked it before, but nobody answered the last time and I'd like to ask it anyway...

The Funimation Dragon Boxes are known for audio sync issues. Do the Toei Dragon Boxes (of each series) have similar issues? What about the Bricks and the Blu-Rays?
I've never noticed any on the Dragon Box that break immersion. Granted, I never looked for them, and can't check now that I've sold them. As for Funimation's, I've never noticed any at all.
Retired.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:46 am

Did Beerus ever actually order Freeza to destroy planet Vegeta or was that just something the English dub put in?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Gog wrote:Did Beerus ever actually order Freeza to destroy planet Vegeta or was that just something the English dub put in?
In the Battle Of Gods movie, he wonders whether Freeza had destroyed Planet Vegeta before he had his 39 year long nap, and Whis reminds him that Freeza had indeed done that, and is pleased to hear this as he then states that he was not particularly fond of the people on that planet, specifically King Vegeta. And later revealed he planned to destroy the planet himself, but because it was so distant, he never bothered to do so.

In the Super retelling of Battle Of Gods, it nowhere near as vague in the movie. Beerus outright states that he ordered Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Having Ultimate shouldn't cause a change in hair style right?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:54 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Having Ultimate shouldn't cause a change in hair style right?
Depends on the animators involved.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Having Ultimate shouldn't cause a change in hair style right?
Depends on the animators involved.
Super logic agrees with you but in halfway sane land, it shouldn't make a difference right? Besides the enclosed eyes?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):