Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Why is the turtle hermit's gi orange? Its incredibly gaudy and appealing especially in the original manga, where Toriyama chose the worst shade of orange in the universe

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Gog wrote:Why is the turtle hermit's gi orange? Its incredibly gaudy and appealing especially in the original manga, where Toriyama chose the worst shade of orange in the universe
It's gaudy and appealing at the same time?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:45 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Gog wrote:Why is the turtle hermit's gi orange? Its incredibly gaudy and unappealing especially in the original manga, where Toriyama chose the worst shade of orange in the universe
It's gaudy and appealing at the same time?
Un, un, un, UNAPPEALING , don't look a-a-at my mistakes! Ignore it! Just ignore it!

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:The timeline we're watching is a direct result of Trunks' endeavours, and he was from the legitimate timeline. It's not fake, it's just an alternate outcome.
No, our timeline exists because Cell time-travelled to it, or else we'd be watching the "unseen" timeline, which is the one without Cell present in it. Trunks wasn't from the legitimate timeline, the original timeline is Cell's and the Trunks there is long dead. Our Future Trunks is from a split timeline created when he travelled back in time in the first place.

There's a lot of plot holes in the Cell arc regarding the time travel anyway, but Cell's timeline has to be the original one in order for things to work.
Except Cell claimed a Trunks killed his Frieza and Cold, so Cell's timeline is the second one.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:51 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:Except Cell claimed a Trunks killed his Frieza and Cold
It's pretty much a widely accepted fact that this was just a mistake.
Retired.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:46 am

Ah huh, I'm incredibly baffled with all of the Arcosians popping up in dragon ball hero's like unwanted maggots. Their designs make no sense aesthetically, and biologically they look nothing like Freeza.

Unless most of them have been hit with the ugly stick

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Gog wrote:Why is the turtle hermit's gi orange? Its incredibly gaudy and unappealing especially in the original manga, where Toriyama chose the worst shade of orange in the universe
I disagree. Orange is my favorite color.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote: Except Cell claimed a Trunks killed his Frieza and Cold, so Cell's timeline is the second one.
Just like Trunks specifically mentioning to Goku that the androids were named "#19" and "#20" is a mistake, that too should be viewed as a mistake because it makes absolutely no sense and is very likely that it was just a mistake by Toriyama.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:42 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
I disagree. Orange is my favorite color.
Oh, well opinions.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:21 pm

rereboy wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote: Except Cell claimed a Trunks killed his Frieza and Cold, so Cell's timeline is the second one.
Just like Trunks specifically mentioning to Goku that the androids were named "#19" and "#20" is a mistake, that too should be viewed as a mistake because it makes absolutely no sense and is very likely that it was just a mistake by Toriyama.
So there's a consensus that in Cell's timeline, Goku was the one who defeated Freeza and Cold instead of Trunks?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Noah wrote:
rereboy wrote:
So there's a consensus that in Cell's timeline, Goku was the one who defeated Freeza and Cold instead of Trunks?
There will never be 100% consensus regarding anything. Someone, somewhere, will always disagree. However, many people view it as a mistake and, personally, I would find it a bit silly if someone thought that Trunks mentioning #20 and #19 is a mistake but Cell mentioning Trunks as the killer of Freeza isn't a mistake.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Noah wrote:So there's a consensus that in Cell's timeline, Goku was the one who defeated Freeza and Cold instead of Trunks?
That's correct, yes (Goku killing Freeza, not the consensus). If you really want to consider Cell's image of Freeza being cut in half, I always thought he was referring to "present" events. Again, if you're like me & just want to do that. He was underground during the period that went down. It's possible he felt what was going on.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:08 pm

But you guys think Future Goku actually had killed Freeza and his father? I can see killing Freeza because he had no choice this time, but he could let Cold get away by "promissing he would never come back" you know, Goku's kinda easy to fool.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Noah wrote:But you guys think Future Goku actually had killed Freeza and his father? I can see killing Freeza because he had no choice this time, but he could let Cold get away by "promissing he would never come back" you know, Goku's kinda easy to fool.
I honestly doubt Goku actually killed Cold. Goku undoubtedly killed Frieza, but given that until then, he'd never met King Cold, it's entirely possible Cold begged for mercy, and Goku believed him and let him go. Who knows? Maybe Cold is a changed man in that timeline...
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:51 pm

I feel like great Saiyaman looks better in the new style.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:49 am

kinisking wrote:I feel like great Saiyaman looks better in the new style.
In what ways? He doesn't seem all that different to me, but maybe I've gotten too used it.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:07 am

Does anyone know where this image of SSBlue Goku with pupils came from? I thought it was from the first teaser for the movie but cant find anything https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XH63K58lKbs/maxresdefault.jpg

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:15 am

kinisking wrote:I feel like great Saiyaman looks better in the new style.
Yeah, he looks more like a hero..
Even his poses aren't as cringy anymore, it's actually funny
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Why is Super Saiyan, well blue? Was there ever a reason stated for the colour, because if its super saiyan with god ki, then would it at the very least have a golden aura?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:46 pm

huzaifa_ahmed wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:I don't think tone matters if you can't act. You wouldn't want all Jokers to sound like Mark Hamill, would you?
Tone is a part of the performance. Joker can be cast for different reasons in different projects, but if I spoke only French, Spanish, Italian etc., & my Joker sounded dramatically different when I switched the audio, I would probably feel just the slightest bit cheated. Generally speaking I sort of feel that language is, ideally, the only thing that changes with any sort of localization. Incorporating aspects of various character performances into casting, isn't too hard. Hell, Jaleel White & LJB sound pretty reminiscent of Kusao & Chikao Otsuka (yeah, I know he came later, but still notable), & Sega of America IIRC cast pretty much entirely separately from SoJ at the time.
If all you want is just an imitation of the original version, then you should just watch the original version. Don't expect every dub sounding the same.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.