Dragon Ball Z to air on Rede Brasil in October

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Z to air on Rede Brasil in October

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:50 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:Episode 31 was the first to be officially called Dragon Ball Z in eyecatches. Had to confirm today because 29 and 30 were without audio on stream, but yesterday I noticed Dragão Z stopped to be a thing
Here's the full first DBZ opening in Brazil calling it DRAGÃO Z: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWEt0c0aY9A
I wasn't expecting that. Good to hear.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:06 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Battle screams are not everything on a dub, actually they are just a little part, even in DBZ. Also, Wendel'screams were not the best in the first episodes, but they were much better than other Goku around the world, speccialy the european ones. And besides that, he always did an excellent job with Goku's childish and innocent personality.
I don't think battle screams are everything either. But, I do think it's needed for an actor to give good and believable screams and grunts for a dub. Especially in Dragon Ball's case. Wendel's earlier ones just aren't cutting it for me. He's great in other aspects but his performance that particular department falls flat in my opinion.

And while I will acknowledge that they're better than some of the other ones that were out at the time, that's not saying much considering that some of what we had was scraping the bottom of the barrel in that regard. Heck, some of these dubs decided not to even dub the screams.
SaintEvolution wrote: In the scene you uploaded that doesn't sound bad. It was a bit breathless, but not low, it was well dubbed.
I never even said it was bad. It was okay, but I've heard much better renditions of that scene.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:39 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote: Battle screams are not everything on a dub, actually they are just a little part, even in DBZ. Also, Wendel'screams were not the best in the first episodes, but they were much better than other Goku around the world, speccialy the european ones. And besides that, he always did an excellent job with Goku's childish and innocent personality.
I don't think battle screams are everything either. But, I do think it's needed for an actor to give good and believable screams and grunts for a dub. Especially in Dragon Ball's case. Wendel's earlier ones just aren't cutting it for me. He's great in other aspects but his performance that particular department falls flat in my opinion.

And while I will acknowledge that they're better than some of the other ones that were out at the time, that's not saying much considering that some of what we had was scraping the bottom of the barrel in that regard. Heck, some of these dubs decided not to even dub the screams.
SaintEvolution wrote: In the scene you uploaded that doesn't sound bad. It was a bit breathless, but not low, it was well dubbed.
I never even said it was bad. It was okay, but I've heard much better renditions of that scene.
Well, Wendel'screams could have been better in the Saiyan Saga, but they were not exactly unbelievable, I mean, being realistic, in a scale of 1 to 10, Wendel's earlier performances to screams can be tied as a 6. It's not excellent, but his natural voice fits really well for Goku and his acting in general is very good too.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Also, Rede Brasil only bought the first 106 episodes right? So when they broadcast all of them I think they will reprise again, at least one time.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:48 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Well, Wendel'screams could have been better in the Saiyan Saga, but they were not exactly unbelievable, I mean, being realistic, in a scale of 1 to 10, Wendel's earlier performances to screams can be tied as a 6. It's not excellent, but his natural voice fits really well for Goku and his acting in general is very good too.
Well, I wouldn't necessarily settle on a 6, but I can agree to disagree. But I do agree with you on your other points. Wendel's great for the character and one of the better Gokus in the dubbing world.

When they get to the Namek arc, they should air the Bardock special. I know I've stated this before but I really want them too.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:When they get to the Namek arc, they should air the Bardock special.
That would be amazing, but I don't think they have the rights to broadcast it.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:21 pm

So, what episode is it on now? Freeza arc, right?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Bansho64 wrote:So, what episode is it on now? Freeza arc, right?
I think it is. They started a reprise of the saiyan saga recently.

Also, Super dub apparently started: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=38192

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:45 am

Looks like on May 1 it will start to air on a second time slot, at 10 AM: http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/dragon-ball ... de-brasil/

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:25 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:Looks like on May 1 it will start to air on a second time slot, at 10 AM: http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/dragon-ball ... de-brasil/
That is good. Now it's better to me for watching it.

Also, are you animated for Super's dub? I created a thread for it the DBS session here in the Forum.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:24 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
gregoryluis09 wrote:Looks like on May 1 it will start to air on a second time slot, at 10 AM: http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/dragon-ball ... de-brasil/

Also, are you animated for Super's dub? I created a thread for it the DBS session here in the Forum.
Yeah, i've alrealdy saw the thread, i'm very excited for the Super dub and hopefully the rumors are true and the dub is been made by Unidub.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:49 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:

Yeah, i've alrealdy saw the thread, i'm very excited for the Super dub and hopefully the rumors are true and the dub is been made by Unidub.
I've commented in that topic a pic that Tânia Gaidarji uploaded recently, and the names that are appearently "confirmed" in the dub now, and even some casting suppositions for future names in the cast, like Zamasu and Hit.
Can't you please comment in that topic too?

It's because, well, I know that many people are looking at that topic, but it seems lonely commenting there without other responses XD

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:55 pm

But, returning to the point here, I think if Rede Brasil could get Mazinger Z and the remastered version of Digimon Adventure. It would be pretty nostalgic to see Digimon Adventure again in brazilian television. And remastered, what it would be even better. I mean, ETC.Tv from Chile is getting it, why not Rede Brasil?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Also, I was searching for some videos, and I like how the audio became so clean in the remaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZMgu8x3IAs

Even if Funimation's remastered footage isn't that good, I want to have the entire brazilian dub with that audio quality. There are some fan-remastering works outside internet, but isn't a big thing.