Would you like Broly or Bardock to return in Super?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Would you like Broly to return in Super?

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 pm

Gog wrote:They Know that people hate Broly.
Broly is one of if not the biggest merchandise seller in the franchise so people are very far from hating him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:52 pm

sintzu wrote:
Broly is one of if not the biggest merchandise seller in the franchise so people are very far from hating him.
My love is Maximum.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Hirovoid

Post by Hirovoid » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:53 pm

sintzu wrote:
Yep. People tend to forget this when they think their online community is the majority of the DB fandom. It's not just a US thing either. In Japan, Broly was the main advertisement for Fusion which was mainly advertised in Japan.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:57 pm

sintzu wrote:
No, Gog hates him, and that's all that matters, yeah I know that Broly is the biggest merchandise machine in the history of anything ever. My only hope is that Akira Trolliyama kicks her out early

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Would you like Broly or Bardock to return in Super?

Post by Cetra » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:59 pm

I would have so laughed if they would have made the original Broly appear as a God of Destruction. The haters would have been even more upset than they are now.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Hirovoid

Post by Hirovoid » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:01 am

Cetra wrote:I would have so laughed if they would have made the original Broly appear as a God of Destruction. The haters would have been even more upset than they are now.
That would have included me then. As it is, I'm actually pretty happy with the turn of developments.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:06 am

Gog wrote:My only hope is that Akira Trolliyama kicks her out early.
I don't think she'll be going anywhere let alone early.

The reason the show is even a thing is to sell merchandise, unlike the original 2 which were made to sell the manga so Toriyama probably doesn't have the same amount of freedom he did before.

In one of Toriyama's interviews for BOG, he said he didn't want a new form in the movie but he had to have something visually to show that Goku got stronger so he came up with SsjG's simple design but due to him wanting Goku to be Ssj1 during the final fight he had the form be a temporary one.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:15 am

sintzu wrote: The reason the show is even a thing is to sell merchandise, unlike the original 2 which were made to sell the manga so Toriyama probably doesn't have the same amount of freedom he did before.
Yeah, there's not much difference between the Dragon ball Super Anime, and the Dragon ball Z anime, actually even in the original Manga Akira Toriyama didn't have as much freedom. Especially in the cell saga

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:32 am

Gog wrote:Yeah, there's not much difference between the Dragon ball Super Anime, and the Dragon ball Z anime.

Actually even in the original Manga Akira Toriyama didn't have as much freedom. Especially in the cell saga.
How so ? Z just covered the manga.

Where did you get that from ? are you talking about the changes he made based on Torishima's suggestions ? he wasn't forced to make them cause they weren't working together, he did it because he trusted him and he was right to do so.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:42 am

There was no need to revive this thread when the bulk of the discussion about "Brolet" could have take place in the newly created thread.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)