Dragon Ball character appearances in Dr. Slump

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jpranevich
Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball character appearances in Dr. Slump

Post by jpranevich » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:16 am

Doing a little digging (for my rapidly growing adapts/follows/considers list), I came across that the Dragon Ball characters appeared in some other Dr. Slump products. Has anyone seen these and can tell me more about them? I know very little about Dr. Slump other than what I read on the wikis and so this could be incomplete.
  • The 1997 revived series has Red Ribbon-era Goku stopping by for a visit.
  • The sequel manga, "The Brief Return of Dr. Slump", has some GT-era characters stop by, including Pan and Gil.
  • The 7th Dr. Slump film ("Dr. Slump and Arale-chan: N-cha! From Penguin Village With Love") has some Dragon Ball characters... including Bojack!
Are there others? Shame that it's so difficult to get Dr. Slump stuff in the US.

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball character appearances in Dr. Slump

Post by Gog » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:19 am

In the dragon ball manga Goku did actually visit Penguin village. In dragon ball, not Dr slump though

jpranevich
Beyond Newbie

Post by jpranevich » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:27 am

Gog wrote:In the dragon ball manga Goku did actually visit Penguin village. In dragon ball, not Dr slump though
Yep, during the Red Ribbon series as well as Dragon Ball Movie #3 (and briefly recently in Super). What I didn't realize is that the did the reverse and had Goku and friends appear in Dr. Slump products as well.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:34 am

jpranevich wrote:
Gog wrote:In the dragon ball manga Goku did actually visit Penguin village. In dragon ball, not Dr slump though
Yep, during the Red Ribbon series as well as Dragon Ball Movie #3 (and briefly recently in Super). What I didn't realize is that the did the reverse and had Goku and friends appear in Dr. Slump products as well.
Yajirobe appeared once, I think, it was a cameo in a movie

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:06 pm

jpranevich wrote: The 1997 revived series has Red Ribbon-era Goku stopping by for a visit.
Goku and Kid Buu also come out of the manga and fight in the 1997 series
[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC3qfaFG_LE[/spoiler]