DB Super. Manga VS. Anime

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

DB Super. Manga VS. Anime

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:57 am

I'm rather curious about something. Usually, when fans question something they see in an anime, they usually get told "that wasn't the way it was in the manga, so that's wrong". I can see that being justified as the Manga is the original source, or at the very least, looking at the anime as a separate entity (such as with DBGT).

However, with Super, it's the opposite. The Anime is the original source, and the Manga is the adaptation. And yet, people are still clinging to the manga, despite it not even being written by Toriyama (I might be wrong here, correct me if I am).

This seems rather hypocritical to me and I just don't get the logic behind it. Could someone please explain this to me so I understand?

Bansho64
I Live Here

Re: DB Super. Manga VS. Anime

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:17 am

Well, first off,
cheddarsword wrote: However, with Super, it's the opposite. The Anime is the original source, and the Manga is the adaptation.
That ain't true. Toyotaro isn't adapting the manga from the anime. He's making with Toriyama's outline. So is the anime. Toriyama helps both of em make their own adaptations to his outline. What we don't know is the extent of that help.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:27 am

So far I am concerned, the Manga follows Mr. Toriyama's outline more closely, while Toei adds "Toei" stuff in their anime adapation.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:45 am