Dragon Ball franchise fans! How old are you?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Dragon Ball franchise fans! How old are you?

Post by Forte224 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:39 pm

Was just thinking the other day that when I was 10, I loved Dragon Ball so much that I'd still love it when I was 40. Deep down I never really believed that though. I was convinced I'd outgrow the show and move on. 16 years later, I'm 26 and even more convinced I'll love this show when I'm 40 and far beyond!

Anyway, just got me thinking: How old are you guys and how long have you been into Dragon Ball for? I've been into it since a little while after the Ocean Dub started airing. I picked it up on the episode where Gohan and Krillin are spying on Freeza and his henchman as they kill the Namkekians for the Dragon Ball. I was so tense watching that

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball franchise fans! How old are you?

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:45 pm

27 AND STILL A FAN BABY!

lol.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball franchise fans! How old are you?

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 09, 2017 3:50 pm

We actually have an extensive, on-going thread asking this same question - you'll probably want to check that out!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::