What do you guys think of Masako Nozawa as Bardock?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Re: What do you guys think of Masako Nozawa as Bardock?

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:23 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:They would have been too young for Bardock at the time of the special. Had they gone with a male actor, I think Akira Kamiya, Shigeru Chiba or Akio Otsuka would have been great choices IMO. I don't think Nozawa's Bardock sounds childish. While Goku and Bardock, she's able to differentiate the deliveries.
I've heard of the suggestion of Shigeru Chiba before. Akira Kamiya though - damn that's good, didnt think of that at all. Akio maybe too brutish & villainous-sounding. Hideyuki Hori (Ryu Hayabusa from DoA, & I guess Captain Ginyu) is another idea I've had for Bardock.
Ripper 30 wrote:I am one of those people in this thread who didn't really had much problem with Nozawa voicing Bardock. I mean Bardock looks like goku so why shouldn't he sound like one, he is just a little tanned version of goku but with a scar that's it but Nozawa actually differentiates her voice from goku as she doesn't use Hick Tone but more of a Serious Arrogant tone and it sounded more like "Edgy" Angry Goku without hick tone and I have to say her screams were awesome in the Special though it's not like someone else couldn't have done it but Nozawa did great Job.
Right, but the thing is it takes away from Goku's unique childish voice in his character as a very childish, happy-go-lucky Saiyan - Bardock is very much "average Joe gruff soldier" & thus I feel it's more appropriate to have "average man" voice.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:42 pm

huzaifa_ahmed wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:They would have been too young for Bardock at the time of the special. Had they gone with a male actor, I think Akira Kamiya, Shigeru Chiba or Akio Otsuka would have been great choices IMO. I don't think Nozawa's Bardock sounds childish. While Goku and Bardock, she's able to differentiate the deliveries.
I've heard of the suggestion of Shigeru Chiba before. Akira Kamiya though - damn that's good, didnt think of that at all. Akio maybe too brutish & villainous-sounding. Hideyuki Hori (Ryu Hayabusa from DoA, & I guess Captain Ginyu) is another idea I've had for Bardock.
Ripper 30 wrote:I am one of those people in this thread who didn't really had much problem with Nozawa voicing Bardock. I mean Bardock looks like goku so why shouldn't he sound like one, he is just a little tanned version of goku but with a scar that's it but Nozawa actually differentiates her voice from goku as she doesn't use Hick Tone but more of a Serious Arrogant tone and it sounded more like "Edgy" Angry Goku without hick tone and I have to say her screams were awesome in the Special though it's not like someone else couldn't have done it but Nozawa did great Job.
Right, but the thing is it takes away from Goku's unique childish voice in his character as a very childish, happy-go-lucky Saiyan - Bardock is very much "average Joe gruff soldier" & thus I feel it's more appropriate to have "average man" voice.
Well, I think Akio could probably tone down the brutishness if he wanted to and sound less evil.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:20 am

Metalwario64 wrote:You know... I was watching Goku vs Cell in Kai in Japanese recently, and when Goku was barraging Cell with ki blasts toward the end of the fight, they kept looping the same "DADADADADADADADADADADADA" clip over and over again. I thought she just did one take and they looped it so she wouldn't have to keep doing it.

Then I was watching Z in Japanese and when Goku was training in his ship during the Namek arc (it was a scene done by Shida, so it was probably the Bulma episode), I noticed an extremely similar sounding "DADADADADADADADADADADA" clip, that also just cuts out as the scene cuts to showing the gravity machine.

I still haven't compared them side by side, but to my ears they sounded almost identical (since it was like didididididDEDEDADADADADADADADADADA), and it would be hilarious if Toei had that recording of Nozawa from Z and have been reusing it throughout the years. :lol:
The comparison that I was trying to make between Z and Super was to differentiate the two. The stock recording seemed like it was tailor-made for Super (or Kai?). If you spot check that Goku VS Cell clip from Z (not Kai), you'll notice a big difference in how Nozawa delivered "datdatdatdatdat's" from back then (they were more varied to fit a particular scene) compared to now. I'd have to go back to check out that Namek arc scene, but it would be funny if that was the particular recording that's been used. In any case, it comes off as an intentional production choice that's been made for Super. :think:

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Super_Divine_Genki wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:You know... I was watching Goku vs Cell in Kai in Japanese recently, and when Goku was barraging Cell with ki blasts toward the end of the fight, they kept looping the same "DADADADADADADADADADADADA" clip over and over again. I thought she just did one take and they looped it so she wouldn't have to keep doing it.

Then I was watching Z in Japanese and when Goku was training in his ship during the Namek arc (it was a scene done by Shida, so it was probably the Bulma episode), I noticed an extremely similar sounding "DADADADADADADADADADADA" clip, that also just cuts out as the scene cuts to showing the gravity machine.

I still haven't compared them side by side, but to my ears they sounded almost identical (since it was like didididididDEDEDADADADADADADADADADA), and it would be hilarious if Toei had that recording of Nozawa from Z and have been reusing it throughout the years. :lol:
The comparison that I was trying to make between Z and Super was to differentiate the two. The stock recording seemed like it was tailor-made for Super (or Kai?).
Ah, I get ya. Anyway, I just finally compared the scenes from Z and Kai, and they do seem to be different recordings after all. Oh wells. :P
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash