Remembering Castmembers No Longer with us. (Any language)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Remembering Castmembers No Longer with us. (Any language)

Post by Ripper 30 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Gouri Daisuke. The legend. Mr.Satan doesn't feel like Mr.Satan without him. :( There are many other roles of his that I liked. He is a huge loss to anime.

Miya'uchi Kouhei and Suzuoki Hirotaka have already been mentioned. Both of them were fantastic as Kame-Sen'nin and Tenshinhan respectively. Shame, both characters sound terrible in this post revival era. Again, they were very crucial to the characters and it doesn't work without them.
Suzuoki's Saitou Hajime performance though was out of this fucking world. My favorite performance of his. And, that's just one of his many great performances. Another big loss, not just to Dragon Ball, but anime as a whole.

Utsumi Kenji. Another legend. From Shenlong to the hilarious Tenka'ichi Budoukai announcer and Reacoom to the even more hilarious Senbei from Dr.Slump. This guy was something else. He was also a big name in the industry. My favorite performance of his though was Braiking Boss from Casshern Sins and Ooba from Kemonozume. He was great in performing as villains as well. A very versatile actor and a voice which I immediately recognized.

Ootsuka Chikao. Dr. Eggman is his most famous role and he was great. Oh, and his Tao Pai-pai performance was fucking awesome just like the character itself.

Aono Takeshi. Piccolo Daimaou sama!!! And, Murasaki and God. His range was incredible. Shiro from Uchuu Senkan Yamato was another memorable role of his.

Ichirou Nagai. Karin and Tsuru-Sen'nin's seiyuu. I'm not that familiar with his other roles, but he was quite a big name as well.

Nishio Toku. Mr. Popo's voice was quite unique, especially his dialogue delivery. Now, it doesn't feel like that.

Takiguchi Junpei. Baba's seiyuu.

The original cast of Dragon Ball consisted mostly of experienced and fantastic actors. It is sad that a lot of them have passed away or are very old now. Still, they have all established themselves pretty good and I will always remember them.
Nice post, I was also going to mention most of these but I also, think that neither of their recast voices were able to match epicness of the original voices.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Ripper 30 wrote:
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Gouri Daisuke. The legend. Mr.Satan doesn't feel like Mr.Satan without him. :( There are many other roles of his that I liked. He is a huge loss to anime.

Miya'uchi Kouhei and Suzuoki Hirotaka have already been mentioned. Both of them were fantastic as Kame-Sen'nin and Tenshinhan respectively. Shame, both characters sound terrible in this post revival era. Again, they were very crucial to the characters and it doesn't work without them.
Suzuoki's Saitou Hajime performance though was out of this fucking world. My favorite performance of his. And, that's just one of his many great performances. Another big loss, not just to Dragon Ball, but anime as a whole.

Utsumi Kenji. Another legend. From Shenlong to the hilarious Tenka'ichi Budoukai announcer and Reacoom to the even more hilarious Senbei from Dr.Slump. This guy was something else. He was also a big name in the industry. My favorite performance of his though was Braiking Boss from Casshern Sins and Ooba from Kemonozume. He was great in performing as villains as well. A very versatile actor and a voice which I immediately recognized.

Ootsuka Chikao. Dr. Eggman is his most famous role and he was great. Oh, and his Tao Pai-pai performance was fucking awesome just like the character itself.

Aono Takeshi. Piccolo Daimaou sama!!! And, Murasaki and God. His range was incredible. Shiro from Uchuu Senkan Yamato was another memorable role of his.

Ichirou Nagai. Karin and Tsuru-Sen'nin's seiyuu. I'm not that familiar with his other roles, but he was quite a big name as well.

Nishio Toku. Mr. Popo's voice was quite unique, especially his dialogue delivery. Now, it doesn't feel like that.

The original cast of Dragon Ball consisted mostly of experienced and fantastic actors. It is sad that a lot of them have passed away or are very old now. Still, they have all established themselves pretty good and I will always remember them.
Nice post, I was also going to mention most of these but I also, think that neither of their recast voices were able to match epicness of the original voices.
It could have been worse with Roshi, we could have been stuck with his VA from path to power, his Kamehameha sounded pathetic compared to the original and his anime replacement.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:30 pm

Great post, although I disagree that Midorikawa sounds terrible as Tenshinhan. He's no Suzuoki, but he's serviceable.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:57 am

DragonBallKing wrote:
Ripper 30 wrote:

It could have been worse with Roshi, we could have been stuck with his VA from path to power, his Kamehameha sounded pathetic compared to the original and his anime replacement.
Man his Voice Actor in DBGT was the worst who sounded like a Drunk Old man everytime. Also, at times sounded exactly like Junpei's Baba.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:52 am

Today marks 8 years since the sad departure of Zeyad Errafae'ie (Al-Refai if you're having trouble pronouncing it) who was the first voice of adult Goku in the Arabic dub of Dragon Ball Z. Died of a car crash at age 40.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Oh no! Despite the major censorship that usually comes with it. I LOVE ARABIC DUBS.

So sad to hear this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2pw97R4160

I know its not Dragon Ball. But this dubbed Digimon song is amazing.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: