Sand Land in Dragonball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Sand Land in Dragonball

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:29 pm

This was a fun little manga Toriyama did and I am still hoping for a OVA/movie to this day. Anyways, do you think k it exists within the overall multiverse? Like it could be universe 1, 5, 8 or 12. What do you guys think?
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Re: Sand Land in Dragonball

Post by DragonBallLove » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:52 pm

U7 past, perhaps?
I don't think it would be another Universe. As we have seen, there don't seem to be duplicates of particular people in the different universes. Thus, Dabura's appearance couldn't be explained that way.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:27 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:U7 past, perhaps?
I don't think it would be another Universe. As we have seen, there don't seem to be duplicates of particular people in the different universes. Thus, Dabura's appearance couldn't be explained that way.
Wait didn't Vados mention that U6 Earth was destroyed, could have been that since it takes place in a post apocalyptic world.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:12 am

Initially that was my train of though. But unless we get to see an exact alternate-universe replicate of a given character, I'd seriously doubt that's the case.