Trunks' farewell (black bandanas)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Trunks' farewell (black bandanas)

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 pm

I have watched the series I couldn't tell you how many times now and I noticed something interesting. When Trunks is leaving to go back to his timeline, almost all of the characters were wearing a black bandanna on the their arm. Why? was it for Trunks to show him support or for all the innocent lives that were killed both in our timeline and Trunks? https://youtu.be/5prSzpaFHzc?t=2m28s here's a video were you can see them. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to maybe hear you folks opinion on it. It's such a small detail that had no explanation really.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Trunk's Farewell(Black bandannas)

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:52 pm

I thought it was a memorial thing since Gokû died; like an in mourning solidity show? I could be wrong.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Yeah I'm not sure? I just thought it was very neat that something was there that had no explanation.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:55 pm

This is a traditional symbol/showcase of mourning, and it's presumed to be specifically for Goku. The series' official guidebook timline states that a memorial service is held for Goku, likely based on this panel/scene.

The rest of the folks' mourning clothes are a little more obvious in the manga:

:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Trunks' farewell (black bandanas)

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks so much VegettoEX! :D
#1 Paikuhan fan!