Who would be on your anime Justice League/Avengers team?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Who would be on your anime Justice League/Avengers team?

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:33 pm

Goku, Naruto, Luffy, Kenshin, Ed Elric, Rei Ayanami in a robot suit, Ranma, and Yamcha as Aquaman.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:44 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
You know that Sue Storm stopped being that kind of character sometime around the 80s, right?
No I didn't know that.
She's actually considered the strongest/most powerful member of the team.
What I said was that she barely has a character or role, not anything relating to power.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:09 am

nickzambuto wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
nickzambuto wrote: No I didn't know that.
She's actually considered the strongest/most powerful member of the team.
What I said was that she barely has a character or role, not anything relating to power.
It goes hand in hand with her bigger role in the stories.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:48 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
kn83 wrote:If you were to limit the team to a main 7 protagonist then:

Saitama, Naruto Uzimaki, Son Goku, Eren Yeager, Sailor Moon, Edward Elric, Jotaro Kujo and Pegasus Seiya would be my team.

The Legend of Doom would be: Boros, Madara Uchiha, Frieza, Zeke Yeager, Sailor Galaxia, Father, Dio Brando, and Hades
You don't have to limit it to 7, but if you want to, that's fine.

Everyone keeps putting Goku on the team, and I'm not sure why. He's never been the best team player, with only a few rare exceptions, and short of being in the immediate area/being asked to, he's not the kind to stop criminals on a regular basis.

Gohan, Future Trunks, even Krillin would suit the role better. Gohan even has secret identity thing down.
I limited it 7 because both the Justice League and The Avengers have 7 "core" members with an army of secondaries. I think people keep putting Goku on their team because Goku seems to have this vague leader-esqe quality to him even when he's not the strongest guy in the group.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:32 pm

kn83 wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
kn83 wrote:If you were to limit the team to a main 7 protagonist then:

Saitama, Naruto Uzimaki, Son Goku, Eren Yeager, Sailor Moon, Edward Elric, Jotaro Kujo and Pegasus Seiya would be my team.

The Legend of Doom would be: Boros, Madara Uchiha, Frieza, Zeke Yeager, Sailor Galaxia, Father, Dio Brando, and Hades
You don't have to limit it to 7, but if you want to, that's fine.

Everyone keeps putting Goku on the team, and I'm not sure why. He's never been the best team player, with only a few rare exceptions, and short of being in the immediate area/being asked to, he's not the kind to stop criminals on a regular basis.

Gohan, Future Trunks, even Krillin would suit the role better. Gohan even has secret identity thing down.
I limited it 7 because both the Justice League and The Avengers have 7 "core" members with an army of secondaries. I think people keep putting Goku on their team because Goku seems to have this vague leader-esqe quality to him even when he's not the strongest guy in the group.
Well think about it. Wouldn't YOU follow Goku? I would, lol

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:17 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
kn83 wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote: You don't have to limit it to 7, but if you want to, that's fine.

I would much rather follow Gohan, Piccolo, or even Roshi.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:09 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
kn83 wrote:
I think that's just the perspective of a somewhat jaded fan, somebody who has reviewed the series and scrutinized it to an extent, and discussed with people online the moral severity of some of Goku's actions that probably wouldn't be pondered as much in-the-moment. If we were in-universe, I think we would all be swept up by Goku's charisma. It's like Superman or Captain America type shit, basically brainwash.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:27 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:Well think about it. Wouldn't YOU follow Goku? I would, lol
I think that's just the perspective of a somewhat jaded fan, somebody who has reviewed the series and scrutinized it to an extent, and discussed with people online the moral severity of some of Goku's actions that probably wouldn't be pondered as much in-the-moment. If we were in-universe, I think we would all be swept up by Goku's charisma. It's like Superman or Captain America type shit, basically brainwash.
A lot of people in-universe call him out for his bad decisions.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
And they still follow him, right?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:01 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
nickzambuto wrote: I think that's just the perspective of a somewhat jaded fan, somebody who has reviewed the series and scrutinized it to an extent, and discussed with people online the moral severity of some of Goku's actions that probably wouldn't be pondered as much in-the-moment. If we were in-universe, I think we would all be swept up by Goku's charisma. It's like Superman or Captain America type shit, basically brainwash.
Not sure if "follow" is the right way to put it.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sparing Vegeta is the best example.

Kuririn said it's a bad decision.
Goku said he knows it's a bad decision.
Kuririn still did it.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote: And they still follow him, right?

Kuririn still did it.
Goku is Krillin's best friend, so of course he'll listen to him. But even then, he was extremely hesitant to do so. Perhaps the one saving grace was that the only person Vegeta killed on Earth was Nappa. Not for a lack of trying, but yeah.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:37 pm

I can see Vegeta teaching Bulma, Nami, Winry, Yusuke, Chopper, Kyoya-senpai, Connie, Misaka, and others in how to be heroes. Along with Young Midoriya who is his protege.

(Heh heh heh)

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:15 am

If this ever became a thing, I feel like Broli would be in it or at least could be in a Suicide Squad-like group (he's basically Hulk, right?). Come to think of it, with all the Jump crossover stuff, why has Broli never been featured in any of it? Is it just because he's not in the manga?

I can't really think of anyone from Dragon Ball to represent the series if it was just one character. Obviously Goku works but I feel like he'd be too wreckless. Senbei from Dr. Slump could be the brains behind the whole operation though!
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote: Not sure if "follow" is the right way to put it.

Kuririn still did it.
Goku is Krillin's best friend, so of course he'll listen to him. But even then, he was extremely hesitant to do so. Perhaps the one saving grace was that the only person Vegeta killed on Earth was Nappa. Not for a lack of trying, but yeah.
He also killed that one Saibaman.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote: Sparing Vegeta is the best example.

Kuririn still did it.
He also killed that one Saibaman.
Can not forget about that.