Anyone else wished Funi brought Mark Hamill as Zamasu?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Anyone else wished Funi brought Mark Hamill as Zamasu?

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:12 am

That would have been perfect TBH

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Anyone else wished Funi brought Mark Hamill as Zamasu?

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:31 am

He's too old I think you might have meant Gowasu or whatever.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:01 am

It'd be nice for sure, but I don't know if Funi would pay what an actor as experienced as Hamill would charge. I am delighted were getting James Marsters though, especially because it was his desire to redeem himself after Evolution.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:13 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:It'd be nice for sure, but I don't know if Funi would pay what an actor as experienced as Hamill would charge. I am delighted were getting James Marsters though, especially because it was his desire to redeem himself after Evolution.
There's nothing worth redeeming. He's blacklisted for good

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:27 am

I love Mark but his voice is not suited and now it's way to aged. I could picture him as Quitela though.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:42 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:It'd be nice for sure, but I don't know if Funi would pay what an actor as experienced as Hamill would charge. I am delighted were getting James Marsters though, especially because it was his desire to redeem himself after Evolution.
What. He's Zamasu?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:58 am

sangofe wrote:
What. He's Zamasu?
There's no official proof, so no.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:01 am

mute_proxy wrote:
sangofe wrote:
What. He's Zamasu?
Hopefully not. Marster's Zamas completely misses the mark and sounds really boring in the games.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:05 am

dbgtFO wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
sangofe wrote:
What. He's Zamasu?
Hopefully not. Marster's Zamas completely misses the mark and sounds really boring in the games.
And is there actual proof that it's him in the games? I've seen plenty people commenting "it sounds like him", that's about it.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:11 am

mute_proxy wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
And is there actual proof that it's him in the games? I've seen plenty people commenting "it sounds like him", that's about it.
...How is there not proof?
You mean to tell me it has all been speculation so far?!
I don't own XV2, so I don't know if it is as convenient as DBZ Sparking Neo/BT2 was with neatly supplying the info about who characters were voiced by in their data archive or whatever it was.
Surely though there is a credits roll where all the voice-actors are listed right?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:17 am

dbgtFO wrote: ...How is there not proof?
You mean to tell me it has all been speculation so far?!
I don't own XV2, so I don't know if it is as convenient as DBZ Sparking Neo/BT2 was with neatly supplying the info about who characters were voiced by in their data archive or whatever it was.
Surely though there is a credits roll where all the voice-actors are listed right?
I looked up everywhere I could but only found Kanzenshuu posts and similar discussions :think:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:02 am

mute_proxy wrote: I looked up everywhere I could but only found Kanzenshuu posts and similar discussions :think:
On animenewsnetwork, they credit him as Zamas for the anime, but nothing for the games, while imdb doesn't credit him as the role in anyway whatsoever. I suppose imdb has a higher standard then, as they are waiting for proof, while ann doesn't have any sources and could just as well have been written by someone who only knows of the rumour.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:29 am

I'm a big fan of his voice acting roles, but he'd be too recognizable in the role. And I'm pretty sure he's more expensive than Marsters.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:12 pm

The whole James Marsters as Zamasu thing started with a post on his instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOoL8ZpBxqI/

"This episode finds us kicking around Plano, Texas. We went there to visit our friend Chris Sabat (actor/producer/director, Dragonball Z). I had asked him for help in recording a voice-over reel, but really came hoping to impress him enough to score a part in his new project 'Dragonball Super'. I thought that even a small role in the new series could help redeem myself for the disastrous live action 'Dragonball Evolution' movie I inflicted on the world in 2009."

Chris Sabat has also been intentionally avoiding confirming who plays Zamasu, only saying it's someone big. Couple that with Zamasu not sounding like any known Funi actor and people have come to the fairly reasonable conclusion that James Marsters is Zamasu.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:20 pm

No, Hamil would not fit Zamasu at all. He's good at playing insane people, but not Zamasu's brand of insanity.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Nightmare Wheel wrote:The whole James Marsters as Zamasu thing started with a post on his instagram.

"This episode finds us kicking around Plano, Texas. We went there to visit our friend Chris Sabat (actor/producer/director, Dragonball Z). I had asked him for help in recording a voice-over reel, but really came hoping to impress him enough to score a part in his new project 'Dragonball Super'. I thought that even a small role in the new series could help redeem myself for the disastrous live action 'Dragonball Evolution' movie I inflicted on the world in 2009."

Chris Sabat has also been intentionally avoiding confirming who plays Zamasu, only saying it's someone big. Couple that with Zamasu not sounding like any known Funi actor and people have come to the fairly reasonable conclusion that James Marsters is Zamasu.
Sabat is so damn wrong here. Marsters is not "BIG".

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
Nightmare Wheel wrote:The whole James Marsters as Zamasu thing started with a post on his instagram.

By the standards for an anime dub he is. The most well known person you could get normally is probably someone like Steve Blum. I love him, but I wouldn't even consider him to be the most minor of celebrities.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:18 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:

A major role in Buffy The Vampire Slayer is pretty big I'd say.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Mark Hamill? He's a great Joker, and defined the role. But Joker's brand of "crazy" is worlds different from U10's rogue Kai.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:37 pm

i think freeza suits him better .
My English is poor .