This is what DB is about

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

This is what DB is about

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:38 am

With all our bickering within the fandom, we forget how much the series has affected people.

This is a young Kid from mexico fighting cancer.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: This is what DB is about

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:03 am

I really agree. This is great. Dragon Ball serves first and foremost to give happiness to children.

From Masako Nozawa herself:

What sort of presence does Dragon Ball itself have within you as a work, Nozawa-san?
Within my history with anime, in terms of things such as the length of time I’ve done a role, It’s a work that’s set all kinds of new records, so it’s quite a large presence. That, and having been able to play Goku, Gohan, and Goten through to completion without damaging my health or even once letting another person substitute in my role over 12 years, I consider a point of pride. That’s because for an actor, health is a must. Also, it’s a work that made me realize, “the power of anime is extraordinary!!”
What do you mean?
At the request of the family of a child who went into a coma due to an accident, I once recorded my voice onto a cassette tape. And mysteriously enough, when they played Goku’s voice on that tape for him, while he wasn’t conscious, apparently he would respond. Goku is a mere drawing, yet he is alive and he exists at children’s sides. That’s how I was made aware all the more through Dragon Ball that “the power of animation is even greater than everyone thinks”. I believe that anime isn’t a simple fabrication; it’s something that you have to give life to, and if you can’t do that, then you’ve failed. As a mother of one, I think that it’s nice for there to be a work you can watch with your children, but lately, that sort of work has become rarer, and I think that’s too bad. I believe that animation is, basically, something for children.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: