Manga Mistakes Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AJFay77

Manga Mistakes Thread

Post by AJFay77 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:20 am

I looked for a thread of this type but couldn't seem to find one. I was just going to post this image as a 1 off thing, but I think making a thread of these could be pretty fun. I know there are plenty I've skipped over posting from DB as I read through so there should be plenty more of these to go around.

Was rereading the entire manga recently, and noticed that Vegeta was drawn in Nappa's armor colors for a panel:
Page 45 of DBZ Volume 3 Viz release

Please post more of these if you know of/find them.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Re: Manga Mistakes Thread

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 am

Volume 13, Page 154, Piccolo had an extra finger. Not sure if it was Toriyama or just an editor, but they pointed out he grew a finger underneath the panel.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:41 am

From chapter 396 in volume 33 of the Tankobon. http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/chp-396/
This is actually taken from the Kanzenban and as you can see one of Krillin's sleeves was not colored in. Of course since they have made so many revisions, the error is not present in the Tankobon, (which I believe Kanzenshuu took from the newer editions of the Tankobon released in 2009) nor in the full color version, where it would have been incredibly obvious.
Another thing is Goku's arms not being equally long, which I have seen in other images like this too, but maybe Goku's just supposed to have a shorter left arm :lol:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:10 am

In chapter 199, after Goku takes off his undershirt, boots, and wristbands, in the upper right corner he's drawn with them back on. The full-color version even colors the band.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:59 am

Super Saiyan Trunks has pupils in this one panel.

AJFay77

Post by AJFay77 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:12 am

dbgtFO wrote:Super Saiyan Trunks has pupils in this one panel.
Nice find, that's some good attention to detail :)