What type of new villains in future dragon ball series

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: What type of new villains in future dragon ball series

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:05 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:We dont want another Janemba, or any other mindless villain who’s only redeeming quality is his design.
I want. Janemba's lack of personality is made up for the quality of his design and awesome techniques. Of course, an intelligent Janemba would be better but if that weren't possible, I'm fine nonetheless. He's a character that brings uniqueness and cool stuff to the table, and that is all I ask for.
Preferably, we want all of the above.

Personality, a great design, unique abilities, etc.
Thats why part of me hopes that the saiyans aren’t the true enemy of the movie but its someone above them all. Maybe they use the old Beerus concept where there is a character called Virus and he is responsible for planting evil in the hearts of saiyans. Maybe he caused the good saiyans with Yamoshi vs bad saiyans civil war. And maybe he is back and thats why there are evil saiyans.

This is why part of me is annoyed with Toriyama, Beerus is great and i wouldn’t want him to not exist but the idea of Virus sounds so cool.

I at least hope that Jiren’s evil doer becomes a villain in a future arc and he has all of the qualities of a villain we want.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:28 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
I want. Janemba's lack of personality is made up for the quality of his design and awesome techniques. Of course, an intelligent Janemba would be better but if that weren't possible, I'm fine nonetheless. He's a character that brings uniqueness and cool stuff to the table, and that is all I ask for.
Preferably, we want all of the above.

Personality, a great design, unique abilities, etc.
Thats why part of me hopes that the saiyans aren’t the true enemy of the movie but its someone above them all. Maybe they use the old Beerus concept where there is a character called Virus and he is responsible for planting evil in the hearts of saiyans. Maybe he caused the good saiyans with Yamoshi vs bad saiyans civil war. And maybe he is back and thats why there are evil saiyans.

This is why part of me is annoyed with Toriyama, Beerus is great and i wouldn’t want him to not exist but the idea of Virus sounds so cool.

I at least hope that Jiren’s evil doer becomes a villain in a future arc and he has all of the qualities of a villain we want.
Nah still saiyans

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun May 27, 2018 10:51 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Dragon Ball needs good female main villain at last.
The closest thing we got were Towa and Android 21 in games, but in anime all female villains are only side-villains, like Android 18, Oceanus Shenron, Princess Snake or Zangya.

Speaking of Jiren, he made Omega Shenron look like very well written villain lol
I agree

A female main villain (or at least a equal in a major villain duo) would be interesting to see.

Cause I feel it would have possibly been cool to see Future Chi-Chi transformed into a Godly Ki Human equivalent of Goku Black. But they blew off the possibility by just completely ignoring her and just letting Giant Soul Zamasu or Future Zeno end her life.

But maybe they could do something where a Universe 11 female warrior fugitive becoming a handful for the Pride Troopers to where Jiren ask for Goku for help or something.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:44 am

ZeroDio wrote:
The closest thing we got were Towa and Android 21 in games, but in anime all female villains are only side-villains, like Android 18, Oceanus Shenron, Princess Snake or Zangya.

Speaking of Jiren, he made Omega Shenron look like very well written villain lol
I agree

A female main villain (or at least a equal in a major villain duo) would be interesting to see.

Cause I feel it would have possibly been cool to see Future Chi-Chi transformed into a Godly Ki Human equivalent of Goku Black. But they blew off the possibility by just completely ignoring her and just letting Giant Soul Zamasu or Future Zeno end her life.

But maybe they could do something where a Universe 11 female warrior fugitive becoming a handful for the Pride Troopers to where Jiren ask for Goku for help or something.
Or maybe the evil doer who killed Jiren’s parents was a female.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Mon May 28, 2018 2:23 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:

I agree

That would seem boring and useless unless the evil doer is Currently insanely strong as Current Jiren & Goku

Otherwise Current Jiren & Goku could easily beat the person in less then a few seconds.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:25 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
I agree

That would seem boring and useless unless the evil doer is Currently insanely strong as Current Jiren & Goku

Otherwise Current Jiren & Goku could easily beat the person in less then a few seconds.
Unless the killer has gotten stronger

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:23 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Or maybe the evil doer who killed Jiren’s parents was a female.

Unless the killer has gotten stronger
Its the classic rule of Chekhov’s Gun. The evil-doer has to be used or its just dumb writing on that plot line at that point.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:18 pm

Here are a few ideas off the top of my head:

1. The guy who killed Jiren's family. The anime didn't say if Jiren actually managed to kill the guy. Maybe we can get an episode or two of Jiren tracking the guy down for a rematch. Maybe we'll get a God of War kind of moment with the villain revealing that his goal was to turn Jiren into the ultimate warrior the whole time, killing those closest to him to make becoming stronger the only thing that mattered to him.

2. The Demon Realm unleashed. So far, the only demon we've seen in canon has been Dabura, but what if the barrier between the Demon Realm and the human realm was broken? The new villains would be a new Makaioshin and a mortal demon with incredible strength. With the Makaioshin's magic and the demon's strength, the two set out with the goal to unleash the demon realms of all twelve universes, causing chaos on a massive scale. If the story takes place a year or later after the ToP, they could use the Super Dragon Balls to accomplish this. Or perhaps the demon realm has its own counterpart to the Super Dragon Balls, which they used to escape in the first place.

3. An evil angel. So far, all of the angels have been good, or at least neutral. But what if one angel was a bad apple? Since angels were the only ones exempt from erasure during the ToP, maybe the angels for the six erased universes still exist out there, and one of them is rather resentful of the other deities. Imagine if he just showed up and murdered the Supreme Kai, eliminating Beerus along with him and causing Whis to become dormant. The villain would basically be the evil version of Goku and Vegeta's mentor, and defeating him would establish that the students have surpassed the master. (Of course, the Supreme Kai and Beerus could be wished back with the Dragon Balls afterward.) One interesting way the plot could go would be for Goku to spare the villain's life and promise to wish his universe back. Since the angel was not present at the ToP, he wouldn't know about the Super Dragon Balls. Zeno, being his usual carefree self, wouldn't really mind this happening. After all, he only erased those universes because he was in a bad mood.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:34 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:Here are a few ideas off the top of my head:

1. The guy who killed Jiren's family. The anime didn't say if Jiren actually managed to kill the guy. Maybe we can get an episode or two of Jiren tracking the guy down for a rematch. Maybe we'll get a God of War kind of moment with the villain revealing that his goal was to turn Jiren into the ultimate warrior the whole time, killing those closest to him to make becoming stronger the only thing that mattered to him.

2. The Demon Realm unleashed. So far, the only demon we've seen in canon has been Dabura, but what if the barrier between the Demon Realm and the human realm was broken? The new villains would be a new Makaioshin and a mortal demon with incredible strength. With the Makaioshin's magic and the demon's strength, the two set out with the goal to unleash the demon realms of all twelve universes, causing chaos on a massive scale. If the story takes place a year or later after the ToP, they could use the Super Dragon Balls to accomplish this. Or perhaps the demon realm has its own counterpart to the Super Dragon Balls, which they used to escape in the first place.

3. An evil angel. So far, all of the angels have been good, or at least neutral. But what if one angel was a bad apple? Since angels were the only ones exempt from erasure during the ToP, maybe the angels for the six erased universes still exist out there, and one of them is rather resentful of the other deities. Imagine if he just showed up and murdered the Supreme Kai, eliminating Beerus along with him and causing Whis to become dormant. The villain would basically be the evil version of Goku and Vegeta's mentor, and defeating him would establish that the students have surpassed the master. (Of course, the Supreme Kai and Beerus could be wished back with the Dragon Balls afterward.) One interesting way the plot could go would be for Goku to spare the villain's life and promise to wish his universe back. Since the angel was not present at the ToP, he wouldn't know about the Super Dragon Balls. Zeno, being his usual carefree self, wouldn't really mind this happening. After all, he only erased those universes because he was in a bad mood.
Like the angel could be the true satan expy lol.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:24 am

An angel would just be Zamasu 2.0 at this point.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: