Question About Yuya Takahashi.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rads

Question About Yuya Takahashi.

Post by Rads » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:37 am

Did Yuya Takahashi do any work on dragon ball z? Or is he a new animator that just happens to understand the proper style of dragon ball?

Ajay

Re: Question About Yuya Takahashi.

Post by Ajay » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:51 am

Nope, he's actually quite young considering the positions he holds on various franchises.

He's in his mid-thirties, so he grew up watching the show.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Akuma Johnson

Post by Akuma Johnson » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:41 am

Rads wrote:Or is he a new animator that just happens to understand the proper style of dragon ball?
He is an animator who understands the older Dragon Ball designs clearly. His inspiration likely comes from the cuts animated by Naotoshi Shida.
Dragon Ball sucks lmao
Discord username (with tag) - Razius#2781

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:52 am

Akuma Johnson wrote:
Rads wrote:Or is he a new animator that just happens to understand the proper style of dragon ball?
He is an animator who understands the older Dragon Ball designs clearly. His inspiration likely comes from the cuts animated by Naotoshi Shida.
Well, I think the most he references Naotoshi Shida, is really effects wise.

For DB, I think he admitted that his inspirations come from the styles found in movies 8 and 13.

Akuma Johnson

Post by Akuma Johnson » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:56 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Akuma Johnson wrote:

For DB, I think he admitted that his inspirations come from the styles found in movies 8 and 13.
His artwork looks Shida-inspired. But you're right he mostly references effects.
Dragon Ball sucks lmao
Discord username (with tag) - Razius#2781

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:58 am

Akuma Johnson wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Akuma Johnson wrote:

His artwork looks Shida-inspired. But you're right he mostly references effects.
I was more referring to his effects are sort of reminiscent of Shida's, but I'm pretty sure he confirmed to Ajay I think that he drew he reference for art style from movies 8 and 13.