Your Favorite Scene in the Franchise

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Your Favorite Scene in the Franchise

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:27 am

Do you care about anything in this series outside of Zamasu?
The answer to this question should be obvious.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:29 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:
No, then? I have to wonder how you watched over 300 episodes before finding something to like.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:30 am

Doctor. wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:
No, then? I have to wonder how you watched over 300 episodes before finding something to like.
Who said I watched over 300 episodes?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:38 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:Who said I watched over 300 episodes?
So you just watched the Future Trunks arc of Super completely randomly, on a whim? :roll:

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:46 am

After the end of the 22nd TB. Goku and Tenshinhan are exhausted and everyone empties the stadium to congratulate them on their amazing fight and Goku looks up to see the first one there is his best friend, Kuririn. It's a wonderful moment. Hell, that whole section from the end of the fight to Goku finding Kuririn's dead body is amazing.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:47 am

Doctor. wrote:
So you just watched the Future Trunks arc of Super completely randomly, on a whim? :roll:
Yes. You are mistaken if you think I was going to waste my time watching 46 episodes of reused plot and trash animation. As for Z, I never watched it. I enjoy relatable, multi-dimensional villains, and that department clearly isn't Z's forte.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:14 am

Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:34 am

Doctor. wrote: Do you care about anything in this series outside of Zamasu?
Writing 10 posts in a row without mentioning or referencing this character in any way must be the biggest challenge he could ever imagine :lol:
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:37 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Yes. You are mistaken if you think I was going to waste my time watching 46 episodes of reused plot and trash animation. As for Z, I never watched it. I enjoy relatable, multi-dimensional villains, and that department clearly isn't Z's forte.
So you have literally only ever seen the Zamasu Arc?

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:55 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: As for Z, I never watched it.
Heretic lol
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Writing 10 posts in a row without mentioning or referencing this character in any way must be the biggest challenge he could ever imagine :lol:
To be fair you're close with Baby lol

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:03 pm

I haven't given much thought to my favorite scene in the entire franchise.

Some fun scenes:
Goku and Piccolo learning to drive
The baseball episode
Gohan saves Videl from the Red Shark gang
Vegeta goes to the park/carnival
During the Red Ribbon Arc the family saying "Nobody else is here! Just us!" and then you hear Goku flush the toilet in the bathroom.
Commander Red revealing that he wants the Dragon Balls to wish to be tall
Goku commenting that Kururin doesn't have a nose against Bacterian when he is holding his face as though he has a nose
Satan tells everyone that he became a god and saved the Earth from "Beebus" as it shows Satan essentially turning Super Saiyan
Gohan asks Videl what they call "Ki" where she's from and she says "a trick"
when Videl says about Gohan as he is flying away; "I want to date you and stuff"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:04 pm

ABED wrote:Goku finding Kuririn's dead body is amazing.
That was probably the most surprising scene in the entire franchise for me. I didn't see it coming at all as everyone was having a good time and the arc was (supposedly) over so a main character dying during that time is the last thing you'd expect. I wish we'd get surprises like that again.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:07 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Zamasu isn't relatable unless you're clinically insane, but how would you know Z lacks those things if you haven't watched it?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Since videogames are part of the franchise, I have decided to include one of Fused Zamasu's most glorious appearances. His intro cinematic in Dragon Ball: Fighterz. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a separate video dedicated solely to his magnificent entrance. It is a very small scene that plays at the start of every match, but it amazes me every single time that I rewatch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDsGl2yMagU

The divine theme, the light, the atmosphere, the way Fused Zamasu opens his eyes for the first time. Very nicely directed scene from the developers of Fighterz:

From the anime, I have also decided to include the emotional scene in which a broken and disfigured Zamasu cries for the Multiverse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK1WC6liU8o

The music, the atmosphere, the voice acting... They were all godly. A beautiful scene, truly, which shows that the road to peace, sometimes, is paved with evil actions. There is some truth in Zamasu's proud words. The careless Gods could no longer control their creations, and thus they could no longer be called Gods. And since mortals were stronger than their sacred overlords, they dared to pollute the pure world of Gods with violence, war, and barbarism. And the only way to fix a flawed and malfunctioning creation... Is to get rid of it.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:23 pm

Goku's sparing of Frieza on namek will always be mine.

Despite all the rage, despite having every right to do so and having killed foes in the passed, Goku opts to spare the most evil being in the universe becuase he's so pathetic and is begging. It's probable the scene thats affected me the most from the series. Yes it would have been better to leave him or finish him off, but Goku dose not sink to Frieza's level. Goku is not a typical hero but is this scene that shows that despite it all he's good, even as a rage filled super saiyan. It's also a sign I feel of how strong Goku's character is. It's easy to be the better man when everything's going your way, it's a lot harder when everything's gone to shit and you've got your enemy at your mercy.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Goku's spearing of Frieza on namek will always be mine.

Despite all the rage, despite having every right to do so and having killed foes in the passed, Goku opts to spear the most evil being in the universe becuase he's so pathetic and is begging. It's probable the scene thats affected me the most from the series. Yes it would have been better to leave him or finish him off, but Goku dose not sink to Frieza's level. Goku is not a typical hero but is this scene that shows that despite it all he's good, even as a rage filled super saiyan. It's also a sign I feel of how strong Goku's character is. It's easy to be the better man when everything's going your way, it's a lot harder when everything's gone to shit and you've got your enemy at your mercy.
Don't you mean "sparing" him? and he "opts to spare the most evil being in the universe"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:31 pm

PFM18 wrote:

Despite all the rage, despite having every right to do so and having killed foes in the passed, Goku opts to spear the most evil being in the universe becuase he's so pathetic and is begging. It's probable the scene thats affected me the most from the series. Yes it would have been better to leave him or finish him off, but Goku dose not sink to Frieza's level. Goku is not a typical hero but is this scene that shows that despite it all he's good, even as a rage filled super saiyan. It's also a sign I feel of how strong Goku's character is. It's easy to be the better man when everything's going your way, it's a lot harder when everything's gone to shit and you've got your enemy at your mercy.
Don't you mean "sparing" him? and he "opts to spare the most evil being in the universe"
Ah... (corrects spelling error).

thank you.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

thank you.
When I saw it I thought you literally meant that he "speared" Freeza as in hit him in the back. I realized that's not what you meant in the next paragraph when you start explaining it lol

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:34 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

thank you.
When I saw it I thought you literally meant that he "speared" Freeza as in hit him in the back. I realized that's not what you meant in the next paragraph when you start explaining it lol
Goodness that would be sight wouldn't it, Goku spearing Frieza to death. Would make for a very dark alternative ending for the ToP.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:42 pm

sintzu wrote:
ABED wrote:Goku finding Kuririn's dead body is amazing.
That was probably the most surprising scene in the entire franchise for me. I didn't see it coming at all as everyone was having a good time and the arc was (supposedly) over so a main character dying during that time is the last thing you'd expect. I wish we'd get surprises like that again.
Sadly, it wasn't a surprise to me since I started, like most north americans, with the Saiyan arc, so I knew he was killed. I really wish I had been able to watch it unspoiled. A great surprise is worth its weight in gold. That said, even though I knew it was coming, the scene still works on an emotional level.

As for the poster who keeps bringing up Zamasu, they have to be pulling our legs. I can't fathom not starting a story from the beginning if you can help it.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.