Kai as only version of Z available - How would you feel?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SheonGT

Re: Kai as only version of Z available - How would you feel?

Post by SheonGT » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Personally? Wouldn't bother me, if this alternate universe provided Yamamoto all the way through on home release :lol:
I will say DBZ original has definite merit. Filler can be seen as character building, and long fight scenes build tension
Ask me about my love for the Faulconer Productions score!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:06 pm

SheonGT wrote:Personally? Wouldn't bother me, if this alternate universe provided Yamamoto all the way through on home release :lol:
I don't think it's that hypothetical. All that needs to go down for this to happen is for Funimation to say "Hey, Kai is superior to Z in regards to our work and takes up less space, so we won't be providing Z on our streaming services or physical storefronts", while Toei has to say "Kai ties in best with Super, so we are no longer going to make or sell anything in the Z line and stick with Kai like we used to in 2009".

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:26 pm

KBABZ wrote:
SheonGT wrote:Personally? Wouldn't bother me, if this alternate universe provided Yamamoto all the way through on home release :lol:
I don't think it's that hypothetical. All that needs to go down for this to happen is for Funimation to say "Hey, Kai is superior to Z in regards to our work and takes up less space, so we won't be providing Z on our streaming services or physical storefronts",".
That will never happen. Funimation is aware how crappy their Z dub is. They’re also aware of how well it sells.

And doesn’t Toei regard Kai as a failure? Final Chapters was only made because Kai did well enough internationally and ended being half ass slapped together