Times when Anime outdid the manga scenes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Times when Anime outdid the manga scenes

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:50 am

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:The biggest moment that does it for me is when Piccolo, Krillin, Yamcha and Tien step in to help Gohan. They each give their reasons to keep on fighting and it makes the struggle between Gohan and Cell even more powerful.
The trouble with this scene is a wounded possibly base vegeta wounds cell enough to distract him whereas all the others combined can't budge him with multiple hits... Undermines their coolness.

In the manga they simply don't have time to help and there's never any doubt they wouldn't if they couldn't

I think the anime can be needlessly heavy handed. We know the dragon team, (except vegeta) are brave already....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:03 pm

TobyS wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Its absurd but given the nature of SS3, I think prolonging the transformation fits it well.
It fits well in-context, too. Goku was trying to buy time so that Trunks could get the dragon radar. It makes sense he'd artificially increase the transformation time.
But he then pops into it easily vs Gotenksbuu and kid Buu....
Yes, he wasn't trying to buy time against them.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:16 pm

Virtually everything in the Android and Buu arcs was done better in the anime compared to the original manga.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:33 pm

TobyS wrote:
GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:The biggest moment that does it for me is when Piccolo, Krillin, Yamcha and Tien step in to help Gohan. They each give their reasons to keep on fighting and it makes the struggle between Gohan and Cell even more powerful.
The trouble with this scene is a wounded possibly base vegeta wounds cell enough to distract him whereas all the others combined can't budge him with multiple hits... Undermines their coolness.

In the manga they simply don't have time to help and there's never any doubt they wouldn't if they couldn't

I think the anime can be needlessly heavy handed. We know the dragon team, (except vegeta) are brave already....
I can see what you mean, but at this point none of the humans and even Piccolo weren't even on the saiyans level. Heck Piccolo could barley take on a super powered inperfect cell. Sure he was getting winded because his fight with 17, but Vegeta was easily kicking semi perfect Cell's butt. So I can still see them failing where Vegeta was powerful enough to do some kind of damage.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:24 am

The anime outright handles the Majin Boo arc waayyyyyy better than Toriyama does in the manga.

I also love the adaption of the Saiyan arc (even if a few filler episodes kinda stink).

The handling of the Android/Cell arc is mostly better in the anime, and the Freeza arc is a huge mixed bag.

Everything prior to the Saiyan arc is adapted very well.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 am

Lord Beerus wrote:The anime outright handles the Majin Boo arc waayyyyyy better than Toriyama does in the manga.

I also love the adaption of the Saiyan arc (even if a few filler episodes kinda stink).

The handling of the Android/Cell arc is mostly better in the anime, and the Freeza arc is a huge mixed bag.

Sounds like you're overall very good on the anime in general: that's basically the whole damn thing, GT and Super notwithstanding.

I also agree: the anime's Boo arc is a significant improvement over the manga overall in nearly every way. The Saiya-jin arc and everything prior to it is also rock solid (not necessarily "better" than the manga per se, but a more than worthy and excellent translation that compliments it wonderfully). The Freeza arc is mostly fine until the big Goku vs Freeza fight gets underway, which is when the filler really starts to get laid on ludicrously thick to an unreasonable degree.

I will say that I have more mixed feelings on the anime's version of the Jinzoningen/Cell arc than you seem to though: "mixed bag" best sums up THAT arc's anime adaptation for me more so than the Freeza arc (which I'm in the minority of finding to be largely solid for about 80/85% of it or so up till the big climactic final fight). The Jinzoningen/Cell arc, by contrast, is all over the place from beginning to end and is probably the anime's most inconsistent period overall in my view.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:39 am

Interesting, I woulda said the filler in the Freeza arc is at its worst prior to the Goku vs. Freeza fight.

The anime Goku vs. Majin Vegeta is superior to the manga. It fleshes it out much better.

Even though the ice cavern episode is boring, I much prefer how Goku got the special water that gave him the power to defeat Piccolo in the anime to how Karin just went off panel to get the water in the manga. Goku refusing to let Yajirobe fall to his death even as The Darkness stomped on his hand was also really effective.

And I like that Pilaf is threaded throughout the whole first arc instead of at the very end.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:25 pm

Gokū actually having to earn the Super Sacred Water and all of the Saiyan Arc filler are the two biggest examples for me.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:The anime outright handles the Majin Boo arc waayyyyyy better than Toriyama does in the manga.

Sounds like you're overall very good on the anime in general: that's basically the whole damn thing, GT and Super notwithstanding.

I also agree: the anime's Boo arc is a significant improvement over the manga overall in nearly every way. The Saiya-jin arc and everything prior to it is also rock solid (not necessarily "better" than the manga per se, but a more than worthy and excellent translation that compliments it wonderfully). The Freeza arc is mostly fine until the big Goku vs Freeza fight gets underway, which is when the filler really starts to get laid on ludicrously thick to an unreasonable degree.

I will say that I have more mixed feelings on the anime's version of the Jinzoningen/Cell arc than you seem to though: "mixed bag" best sums up THAT arc's anime adaptation for me more so than the Freeza arc (which I'm in the minority of finding to be largely solid for about 80/85% of it or so up till the big climactic final fight). The Jinzoningen/Cell arc, by contrast, is all over the place from beginning to end and is probably the anime's most inconsistent period overall in my view.
Oh, I think the Android/Cell arc overall is awful. But I will give the anime staff major points for a few things:
- Avoiding the retcon mess that was #19 and #20 being the artificial humans that wrecked Future Trunks world and then it suddenly not being the case by making the identity of who the two artificial humans far more ambiguous
- Providing more visual context for how Vegeta attained SSJ. (One of my favorite flashbacks in the series)
- Having Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Piccolo try to help in the Super Perfect Cell/SSJ2 Gohan Kamehameha beam clash. (Legitimately makes that moment where Vegeta intervenes so much better)
- Nearly all of the major fights, especially the Goku/Cell battle, are just better in every fucking way

The Freeza arc is such such a mixed bag in the anime for, because while is has some of the best directed and animated episodes in the franchise, it has some of worst episodes in all of Dragon Ball with the Fake Namek bullshit, Bulma fighting giant enemy crabs, the horrendous Ginyu-Frog/Bulma subplot (which interrupts the main fight of the arc, no less) and the pacing in general of the Freeza vs. Dragon Team battle is rancid dogshit.

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:55 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kunzait_83 wrote:

Oh, I think the Android/Cell arc overall is awful. But I will give the anime staff major points for a few things:
- Avoiding the retcon mess that was #19 and #20 being the artificial humans that wrecked Future Trunks world and then it suddenly not being the case by making the identity of who the two artificial humans far more ambiguous
- Providing more visual context for how Vegeta attained SSJ. (One of my favorite flashbacks in the series)
- Having Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Piccolo try to help in the Super Perfect Cell/SSJ2 Gohan Kamehameha beam clash. (Legitimately makes that moment where Vegeta intervenes so much better)
- Nearly all of the major fights, especially the Goku/Cell battle, are just better in every fucking way

The Freeza arc is such such a mixed bag in the anime for, because while is has some of the best directed and animated episodes in the franchise, it has some of worst episodes in all of Dragon Ball with the Fake Namek bullshit, Bulma fighting giant enemy crabs, the horrendous Ginyu-Frog/Bulma subplot (which interrupts the main fight of the arc, no less) and the pacing in general of the Freeza vs. Dragon Team battle is rancid dogshit.
The Android 19/Android 20 exchange for Android 17/Android 18 tidbit was a mishap caused by Toriyama not creating the younger Androids at the time. While it technically is a plothole, it is not something that is major or makes or breaks the story or anything like that. Its more like a mere annoyance or mosquito bite that can easily be corrected by grammar or word choice. I don't think it's that big of a deal as fans make it out to be.

Goku Black arc is an example of horribly written Bad Amalgamation of Boo and Cell arc by incorporating Potara and Time Travel concepts but this time things not making sense. In Original Run, there was a valid reason for Piccolo and Earth God being connected and why death of one guy can cause other one to Perish as well. But, in Dragon Ball Super its not making that much sense, the only Reason God of Destruction's Life is connected to Kaioshin is because.... Plot or How they Retconned the Potara thing unnecessarily when Goku and Vegeta could have separated themselves with Dragon Balls like Kaioshin and Kibito but no, let's devalue the Potara concept and make it a one hour fusion for mortals.

Cell arc other than some hiccups here and there wasn't an overall bad arc in comparison, Vegeta even though was annoying was 100% in-character. The Decisions made by Z Fighters was in character just like how Kunzait_83
Explained in his older Threads and how Super Eyepatch Wolf in his Video on DBZ summed up that "combat wasn't actually a way to solve problems to these characters rather it was justification for why they exist at all". It's 2018 and people still Misinterpret why Gohan transformed into SS2 and think it was because of #16 when it was actually his words along with that Cell crushing his head acting as a trigger. None of his friends were dead or anything, they were just getting beaten and seeing his friends getting beaten is a sight Gohan has seen in Saiyan arc and Namek arc as well and he never Transformed into SS2 here so it's a Bogus logic from Fans to want him to go SS2 by just seeing his friends getting beaten.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Ripper 30 wrote:Goku Black arc is an example of horribly written Bad Amalgamation of Boo and Cell arc by incorporating Potara and Time Travel concepts but this time things not making sense. In Original Run, there was a valid reason for Piccolo and Earth God being connected and why death of one guy can cause other one to Perish as well. But, in Dragon Ball Super its not making that much sense, the only Reason God of Destruction's Life is connected to Kaioshin is because.... Plot or How they Retconned the Potara thing unnecessarily when Goku and Vegeta could have separated themselves with Dragon Balls like Kaioshin and Kibito but no, let's devalue the Potara concept and make it a one hour fusion for mortals.
I don't see how Hakaishin and Kaioshin being spiritually connected contradicts anything or doesn't makes sense. It just a tidbit thrown in for further clarification on the importance of the relationship between the gods in the Dragon Ball universe that create and gods in the Dragon Ball universe that destroy.

The concept of Potara was already devalued when Vegetto defused inside of Super Boo for no explained reason. At least now we know the reason.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Ripper 30 wrote:Goku Black arc is an example of horribly written Bad Amalgamation of Boo and Cell arc by incorporating Potara and Time Travel concepts but this time things not making sense. In Original Run, there was a valid reason for Piccolo and Earth God being connected and why death of one guy can cause other one to Perish as well. But, in Dragon Ball Super its not making that much sense, the only Reason God of Destruction's Life is connected to Kaioshin is because.... Plot or How they Retconned the Potara thing unnecessarily when Goku and Vegeta could have separated themselves with Dragon Balls like Kaioshin and Kibito but no, let's devalue the Potara concept and make it a one hour fusion for mortals.
I don't see how Hakaishin and Kaioshin being spiritually connected contradicts anything or doesn't makes sense. It just a tidbit thrown in for further clarification on the importance of the relationship between the gods in the Dragon Ball universe that create and gods in the Dragon Ball universe that destroy.

The concept of Potara was already devalued when Vegetto defused inside of Super Boo for no explained reason. At least now we know the reason.
The reason was because of the potentcy of Buu's magic, which was valid one enough to begin with the reason now makes Portara insignificant.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:35 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

The reason was because of the potentcy of Buu's magic, which was valid one enough to begin with the reason now makes Portara insignificant.
That reason was never stated in the story.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:52 pm

None. Manga is better in more or less every regard. Well I guess maybe History of Trunks if I had to pick something.

Buu arc is an example of how the anime butchered everything from the manga and Toriyama's intent for things. Anime also completely ruined the SS transformation on Namek & sets a precedence for the anime stretching things and making things "epic" when it doesn't need to.

Z anime after Saiyan arc is horrendous I despise it.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:55 pm

Goku's Super Saiyan transformation for the first time.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:21 am

Lord Beerus wrote:

But it already contradicts how Toriyama mentioned that a Kaio can't become a Kaioshin and Kaioshin are separately born. It doesn't really make much sense in DBS, with how they established that after going through training a Kaio can become a Kaioshin. So the life of Kaioshin switches from person to person which is connected to Hakaishin? That's contrived logic, it's only created to make it easy for Zamasu to kill All Gods without much thought put into it.

As for Potara thing, defusing inside Boohan happened for many implicit reasons:
1) Kaioshin and Kibito not being able to revive Boo with their ki like how Babidi implied that Kaioshin magic doesn't blend with Majin Magic.

2) Boo being weakened by absorbing the Kaioshin. Clear indicators that a Potara fusion of Kaioshin wouldn't be compatible with Majin Magic. On top of all that, DBS retcon completely diminishes the stakes of Goku and Vegeta potentially fusing forever despite Vegeta thinking of him as a rival which is what made that scene so good in Original manga.

If you pay attention to how Goku and Vegeta defused in Boo arc, it happened the instant they removed the barrier inside Boo's stomach when they were Super Vegetto which proves my point of how the Show implied that Majin magic and Kaioshin magic don't blend together.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:None. Manga is better in more or less every regard. Well I guess maybe History of Trunks if I had to pick something.

Buu arc is an example of how the anime butchered everything from the manga and Toriyama's intent for things. Anime also completely ruined the SS transformation on Namek & sets a precedence for the anime stretching things and making things "epic" when it doesn't need to.

Z anime after Saiyan arc is horrendous I despise it.
Wait, what? Boo arc anime was very well done be it Majin Vegeta Fight or showing Majin Boo's backstory.
I think calling it "bad" is bit of a stretch. Look at how Cell arc had Android 17 vs Piccolo or Second Form Cell vs Vegeta in detail. Obviously, Anime is supposed to explore or expand manga stuff. That's not just DBZ but most Long Running Shonen Anime be it Naruto, One Piece or Bleach.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I don't see how Hakaishin and Kaioshin being spiritually connected contradicts anything or doesn't makes sense. It just a tidbit thrown in for further clarification on the importance of the relationship between the gods in the Dragon Ball universe that create and gods in the Dragon Ball universe that destroy.

That reason was never stated in the story.
But it was heavily hinted at, and was the most evident conclusion also lets not kidd ourselves the time limit wasn't a thing until Super.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Ripper 30 wrote:But it already contradicts how Toriyama mentioned that a Kaio can't become a Kaioshin and Kaioshin are separately born. It doesn't really make much sense in DBS, with how they established that after going through training a Kaio can become a Kaioshin. So the life of Kaioshin switches from person to person which is connected to Hakaishin? That's contrived logic, it's only created to make it easy for Zamasu to kill All Gods without much thought put into it.

1) Kaioshin and Kibito not being able to revive Boo with their ki like how Babidi implied that Kaioshin magic doesn't blend with Majin Magic.

2) Boo being weakened by absorbing the Kaioshin. Clear indicators that a Potara fusion of Kaioshin wouldn't be compatible with Majin Magic. On top of all that, DBS retcon completely diminishes the stakes of Goku and Vegeta potentially fusing forever despite Vegeta thinking of him as a rival which is what made that scene so good in Original manga.

If you pay attention to how Goku and Vegeta defused in Boo arc, it happened the instant they removed the barrier inside Boo's stomach when they were Super Vegetto which proves my point of how the Show implied that Majin magic and Kaioshin magic don't blend together.
It should be noted that Toriyama gave an interview in 2009 which directly conflicts with 2014 interview he gave that Kaioshin being born separately.
Dragon Ball Super Exciting Guide: Character Volume
Q. Is Kaiō-sama a hereditary position?
Toriyama: Inside the big ball I mentioned before, there is a planet, called the World Core [Kaishin-sei] where the Kaiō are born and raised. It’s a world like a gigantic Planet Kaiō, and Kaiō-sama and his peers are born as Core People [Shin-jin] from the fruit of the World Core’s giant World Tree [Kaiju]. The planet’s population is about 80. Core People are neither male nor female, and their average lifespan is said to be about 75,000 years. At a castle that’s like a school, they learn a variety of things, and live an easygoing life; however, if a Kaiō dies on one of the Kaiō Planets, the next Kaiō is chosen from among them by lottery. However, a Kaiōshin is chosen only from Core People who are born from a special golden fruit, which rarely occurs. In addition, there are occasionally delinquent Core People with evil hearts; these ones fall under the Makaiō.
Kaio and Kaioshin are from the same race (Core People/Shin-jin) and are born on the same planet (World Core/Kaishin-sei) and even from the same tree (World Tree/Kaiju).

There's nothing really contrived about how Kaioshin and Haikshin are linked by their life. Those who are become officially promoted to a Kaioshin are the automatically life linked with the corresponding Hakaishin of their universe.

As for the reason you gave for why Vegetto defused inside of Super Boo:
- Ki and magic are two completely different aspects. And it's never specified in the story, or even in the guidebooks to my knowledge, that certain races or specific people have unique kinds of magic. Like, the magic that Kaioshin and Kibito use is no different from the magic that Namekians, Spike the Devil Man, Fortuneteller Baba or Dabra uses. It's just magic in general. And Majin Boo being revived was dependant on having enough Ki to donate to his cocoon. Which wasn't the case with Kaioshin and Kibito. Hence why Spopovich and Yamu went after SSJ2 Gohan and not Kibito or Kaioshin at the Tenkaichi Budokai.

- Majin Boo actually become stronger after absorbing Southern Kaioshin (who was the strongest Kaioshin), as Goku noted that Majin Boo Ki grew bigger when Majin Boo was bulking up after removing Fat Boo inside of him and Elder Kaioshin noted that the bulked up form that Majin Boo turned into was the appearance he gained after absorbing Southern Kaioshin. It was only after Majin Boo absorbed Dai Kaioshin that Majin Boo was tamed (not weakened). It had nothing to do with the magic Kaiohin's possessed.

Vegetto defusing happened in the story because Toriyama needed it to happen. Hence why no legitimate reason is ever given in-universe for why Vegetto defused inside of Super Boo. Hell, Vegeta and Goku later crushed to Potara earrings, Vegeta directly refused to perform the Fusion Dance and Goku declined using the Potara to fight Kid Boo as Toriyama wanted to kill off any avenue to Goku and Vegeta fusing again because, from Toriyama's point of view, fusion was a plot device that had outlived its usefulness and convenience to the how he wanted to tell the story.
SaiyanGod117 wrote:But it was heavily hinted at, and was the most evident conclusion also lets not kidd ourselves the time limit wasn't a thing until Super.
I'm not saying the time limit for mortal using the Potara wasn't a thing until Super. I'm just saying the story never provided a concrete explanation for why Vegetto defused inside Super Boo. It's just brief guesswork from Goku that's never substantiated.

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:38 pm
Ripper 30 wrote:But it already contradicts how Toriyama mentioned that a Kaio can't become a Kaioshin and Kaioshin are separately born. It doesn't really make much sense in DBS, with how they established that after going through training a Kaio can become a Kaioshin. So the life of Kaioshin switches from person to person which is connected to Hakaishin? That's contrived logic, it's only created to make it easy for Zamasu to kill All Gods without much thought put into it.

It should be noted that Toriyama gave an interview in 2009 which directly conflicts with 2014 interview he gave that Kaioshin being born separately.
Dragon Ball Super Exciting Guide: Character Volume
Q. Is Kaiō-sama a hereditary position?
Toriyama: Inside the big ball I mentioned before, there is a planet, called the World Core [Kaishin-sei] where the Kaiō are born and raised. It’s a world like a gigantic Planet Kaiō, and Kaiō-sama and his peers are born as Core People [Shin-jin] from the fruit of the World Core’s giant World Tree [Kaiju]. The planet’s population is about 80. Core People are neither male nor female, and their average lifespan is said to be about 75,000 years. At a castle that’s like a school, they learn a variety of things, and live an easygoing life; however, if a Kaiō dies on one of the Kaiō Planets, the next Kaiō is chosen from among them by lottery. However, a Kaiōshin is chosen only from Core People who are born from a special golden fruit, which rarely occurs. In addition, there are occasionally delinquent Core People with evil hearts; these ones fall under the Makaiō.
Kaio and Kaioshin are from the same race (Core People/Shin-jin) and are born on the same planet (World Core/Kaishin-sei) and even from the same tree (World Tree/Kaiju).

There's nothing really contrived about how Kaioshin and Haikshin are linked by their life. Those who are become officially promoted to a Kaioshin are the automatically life linked with the corresponding Hakaishin of their universe.

As for the reason you gave for why Vegetto defused inside of Super Boo:
- Ki and magic are two completely different aspects. And it's never specified in the story, or even in the guidebooks to my knowledge, that certain races or specific people have unique kinds of magic. Like, the magic that Kaioshin and Kibito use is no different from the magic that Namekians, Spike the Devil Man, Fortuneteller Baba or Dabra uses. It's just magic in general. And Majin Boo being revived was dependant on having enough Ki to donate to his cocoon. Which wasn't the case with Kaioshin and Kibito. Hence why Spopovich and Yamu went after SSJ2 Gohan and not Kibito or Kaioshin at the Tenkaichi Budokai.

- Majin Boo actually become stronger after absorbing Southern Kaioshin (who was the strongest Kaioshin), as Goku noted that Majin Boo Ki grew bigger when Majin Boo was bulking up after removing Fat Boo inside of him and Elder Kaioshin noted that the bulked up form that Majin Boo turned into was the appearance he gained after absorbing Southern Kaioshin. It was only after Majin Boo absorbed Dai Kaioshin that Majin Boo was tamed (not weakened). It had nothing to do with the magic Kaiohin's possessed.

Vegetto defusing happened in the story because Toriyama needed it to happen. Hence why no legitimate reason is ever given in-universe for why Vegetto defused inside of Super Boo. Hell, Vegeta and Goku later crushed to Potara earrings, Vegeta directly refused to perform the Fusion Dance and Goku declined using the Potara to fight Kid Boo as Toriyama wanted to kill off any avenue to Goku and Vegeta fusing again because, from Toriyama's point of view, fusion was a plot device that had outlived its usefulness and convenience to the how he wanted to tell the story.
SaiyanGod117 wrote:But it was heavily hinted at, and was the most evident conclusion also lets not kidd ourselves the time limit wasn't a thing until Super.
I'm not saying the time limit for mortal using the Potara wasn't a thing until Super. I'm just saying the story never provided a concrete explanation for why Vegetto defused inside Super Boo. It's just brief guesswork from Goku that's never substantiated.
But the fact remains that Toriyama contradicted his lore and first he said that Kaioshin race is different from others then have a Kaio getting trained to become a Kaioshin in DBS.

You are wrong, Dabra Explicitly says that he can't use the Ki from Kaioshin or Kibit to revive Boo but rest were still options. It's not because of weak or anything but about Kaioshin nature having negative effect of Majins. Why would they not use Ki from Gods who are definitely stronger than the human fodders they were trying to find in Tenkaichi Budokai to use energy. Kaioshin is stronger than Freeza and you think he Ki won't come handy? It's obviously because of his race.

Wait, what? And who told that South Kaioshin made Boo stronger? Headcanons?

good boo represents Kaioshin influence pure boo gains after absorbing both kaioshins, if South kaioshin made pure boo stronger then why would removing Good boo from Evil Boo result in power increase?
Boo shouldn't have gotten a boost in power if his power source is removed. It makes no sense that after removing the power of Kaioshins, evil boo would draw on the power of a Kaioshin (reverting back to "Buff boo"). So what power he was drawing on turning into buff boo was himself. He has no more Kaioshin influence, only his unrestricted power to feed off. According to your logic, it would be like Cell after puking Android 18 growing Stronger in his fight vs Cell. Thats why he never stayed in "Buff form", if he's just responding to loss of Dai Kaioshin influence then he should have stayed in Buff form but no, he kept on changing.

The argument of both Kaioshins not weakening Boo doesn't stand when examining Boo's increase in power just after removing Good Boo. It might work if only Dai Kaioshin influence was removed but no it was the influence of both Kaioshins including South Kaioshin and Boo didn't have power to feed off of. After becoming Buff Boo he never stops transforming and his power never stopped growing and he reverts into original form. Anyone looking at it objectively can conclude that without Kaioshins suppressing him, boo didn't have their power to feed off of leaving him with his own unrestricted power to feed off. South Kaioshin is also never said to increase Pure Boo's Power, he's only called the strongest Kaioshin demonstrating how their best also was no match for Boo.

Also the "TAMED" nonsense is Viz only. In Japanese manga and anime, it's stated that absorptions made Boo weaker.
Chapter: 508 (DBZ 314), P4.2-7
Elder Kaioshin: “…So he was finally completed…Which is to say…that this current…small Majin Boo…is the initial…mo…most troublesome one…”
Kaioshin: “….Yes…the heart which he gained by going so far as to lower his power through absorption …has returned once again to the way it was…he has no self-control whatsoever…he has become evil itself…”

Think about it, if absorptions of 2 gods made him weak, then Vegeta took out their influence in Fat Boo and his ki Starts rising, what does that imply?

You are ignoring the obvious assumptions that Kaioshin magic doesn't work with Boo's. Why does Metamoran fusion stayed intact in Boo but Potara didn't? Because of its nature, it's Kaioshin's technique. Dabra stated already that they can't use Kaioshin Ki to revive Boo and then we got to know how Kaioshin made boo weaker, it's clear.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:27 pm

All of it.