Season 3- Delayed and more

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Season 3- Delayed and more

Post by Eclipse » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:36 am

What I mentioned in this thread regarding Season 3's delay is now confirmed and true (Considering I had quoted ANN).

All the usual online sites have it listed for a September 18th release.
And here's a really weird thing I noticed. Amazon's listing claims it's a HD DVD. Which I find unlikely, due to FUNimation's Pro Blu-Ray standing, and the fact it would just screw up the whole consistency, the integrity of which is what FUNi's been bragging about for a while.

Anyways, you can probably assume that's false, and just know for a fact it's delayed.
Though a lot of people here probably don't care much eitherway, I felt like reporting this anyways.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:39 am

They need more time to have the staff urinate on the Film before making the DVD's.

Aukon07

Post by Aukon07 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:43 am

Duo wrote:They need more time to have the staff urinate on the Film before making the DVD's.
That basically sums up their progress there.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:50 am

Duo wrote:They need more time to have the staff urinate on the Film before making the DVD's.
Don't forget the defecation, I hear thats crucial to the "remastering" process.
Still, if it's all that's on offer, It will have to do.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:59 am

I feel hypocritical saying this considering I haven't even considered buying these since I watched 2-3 episodes on Season 1, but I find it ridiculous that there is a delay at all. Didn't they pretty much indicate they already "Remastered" (oh how the term has been raped) the entire series already? Mixing the Audio is all that's left, and they should be way ahead on that.

Please don't tell me they are taking more time to up the number shipped. That would make me vomit piss.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:14 am

Duo wrote:I feel hypocritical saying this considering I haven't even considered buying these since I watched 2-3 episodes on Season 1, but I find it ridiculous that there is a delay at all. Didn't they pretty much indicate they already "Remastered" (oh how the term has been raped) the entire series already? Mixing the Audio is all that's left, and they should be way ahead on that.

Please don't tell me they are taking more time to up the number shipped. That would make me vomit piss.
Ironically, this is the 3rd time I think that it's been delayed.
:o

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Season 3- Delayed and more

Post by SatoSky » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:20 am

Eclipse wrote: And here's a really weird thing I noticed. Amazon's listing claims it's a HD DVD.
I've actually seen Amazon do that many times on pre-order items. They correct that stuff as more info is given to them.

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:40 am

It's gonna fade off the radar and be replaced by yet another release program on Blu-ray or some shit, lol.

Oh Funi, your antics never cease to amuse.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:57 am

Yeah, the release date is on 9/18. Just got to the DBZ website. They have a trailer for it on the hompage:

http://dragonballz.com

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:03 pm

Maybe they're letting additional VA's redub themselves?
*Wishful thinking*

Having only three characters re-redub felt half-done to me.

Either leave the original dub alone or go all out 'n have a full redub like you did with Season 1, Funi. >_<
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:05 pm

Chuquita wrote:Maybe they're letting additional VA's redub themselves?
*Wishful thinking*
Yeah, they SHOULD do that, as most of the voiceacting (And lines) in the Freeza-saga dub was horrible. PERHAPS they noticed all the complaints about the last set, and decided to fix it... unlikely, but it's not completely impossible.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:30 pm

Chuquita wrote:Having only three characters re-redub felt half-done to me.
But.. that's the way it's meant to be! Says so on the package.

Vekurotto
Regular

Post by Vekurotto » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:27 pm

Adamant wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Having only three characters re-redub felt half-done to me.
But.. that's the way it's meant to be! Says so on the package.
And widescreen must have been the format used on all late 80s- mid 90's animated TV cartoons from other countries.

Hopefully they are listening to their fans that eat this shit up and redub everybody's voice, because I don't want to hear piccolo's, "I can win!!!!!" speech and "pop goes the weasel", outside of the dub music.
Be grateful the filler in Dragon Ball doesn't suck like the 3rd arc of Rurouni Kenshin.

[size=59][quote="Onikage725"]Anakin: I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating…hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me…what can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me.

Me: YES! Please shut the fuck up!![/quote][/size]

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:06 am

They need to redub Freeza with someone...right for the part?

Lawlercoaster.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:48 am

Duo wrote:They need to redub Freeza with someone...right for the part?

Lawlercoaster.
Kinda late for that. If anything FUNi's even trying at with these sets is maintaining consistency, though they kinda screwed their TV Broadcast track anyhow. Linda Young's already been established as Freeza's VA in all video games, Seasons 1 and 2, etc. etc.

I'm in firm agreement and similar wishful thinking with Chuquita.
14 years later

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:55 am

Duo wrote:They need to redub Freeza with someone...right for the part?
No joke, man. If Freeza's & King Kai's voices were dubbed closer to the Japanese voices, I'd probably prefer the dub overall. Those are the 2 dub voices I can't stand.

Seriously, the high-pitched voices that the dub gives both of those characters are really out of character and grating to me (Not to mention Schemmel's King Kai is damn near unintelligable at times). Imagine Freeza voiced by someone awesome... like John Lithgow?

- Bilis
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:58 am

Imagine Freeza voiced by someone awesome... like John Lithgow?
Wow, somone needs to make a video with his voice dubbed over Freezza's voice and put it on youtube. :shock:

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Tim Curry or someone with an evil British accent I thought would be best. Reminds of a few years back, a lot of guys I knew said they thought King Cold's VA should've done Frieza.

Mystery Person X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystery Person X » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:58 am

Duo wrote:I feel hypocritical saying this considering I haven't even considered buying these since I watched 2-3 episodes on Season 1, but I find it ridiculous that there is a delay at all. Didn't they pretty much indicate they already "Remastered" (oh how the term has been raped) the entire series already? Mixing the Audio is all that's left, and they should be way ahead on that.
You know, authoring the DVDs themselves actually does take time and effort.

FDLink
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FDLink » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Mystery Person X wrote:You know, authoring the DVDs themselves actually does take time and effort.
Uh... I think we can determine that is not the case, based on the "effort" they've put into their previous releases.

And who gives a fuck if it's delayed? Nobody in their right mind should be buying it!