The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dragonball0900 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:18 pm

Okay. What's the strongest character do you think Buu arc Tien can defeat? And Cell arc Krillin ?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed May 24, 2017 6:16 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:Okay. What's the strongest character do you think Buu arc Tien can defeat? And Cell arc Krillin ?
1- Yamcha?
Roshi is too much for him and so is Krillin
2- I will go with current Roshi.. Tien is obviously defeated as well
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
dragonball0900 wrote:Okay. What's the strongest character do you think Buu arc Tien can defeat? And Cell arc Krillin ?
1- Yamcha?
I forgot to put that in my post. I meant the strongest character from DBZ that Tien would defeat, as well as Krillin. That counts probably any Frieza arc character, or so.

VegetaSSJBlue
Beyond Newbie

Post by VegetaSSJBlue » Wed May 24, 2017 9:57 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
1- Yamcha?
:wtf:

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed May 24, 2017 11:29 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:Okay. What's the strongest character do you think Buu arc Tien can defeat? And Cell arc Krillin?
Without his ace in the hole, the Shin Kikoho? Probably the Ginyu Task Force if not Ginyu himself. With? Depends if he can actually hit anyone with it as Cell didn't bother moving apparently, so maybe Final Form Freeza if it hits.

Tenshinhan doesn't appear to be that strong without the Shin Kikoho. Correct me if I'm wrong but using that technique is his only feat after getting revived, right? Using that specific technique is what led to those Cell and Boo scenes. Without it, he just plain lacks any significant showings as far as I'm aware.

Cell Arc Kuririn? Probably Ginyu...or Freeza's first form if he pulls out all the stops?

Tbh Earthling Z-warriors are really hard to gauge due to lack of feats and statements compared to Piccolo and the Saiyans, and I'm not really sure about relying on power scaling. :think:

mcdjbeatz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdjbeatz » Thu May 25, 2017 3:15 am

I believe Buu Arc Tien is on par with Base Future Trunks (Post 1st ROSAT Trip) due to his gains in the Saiyan Arc which should seemingly translate well into the training on Kaio's Planet, 3 years of intense training for the androids and 7 years of training between the Buu and Cell Arcs. With his kikoho I think he has a good shot at killing or at the very least severely injuring Semi Perfect Cell and could decimate opponents weaker than Semi Perfect Cell. I have Cell Arc Krillin a bit below Third Form Frieza, like with Tien with his kikoho Krillin could defeat stronger opponents with his kienzan, I think he could kill kaioken x10 Goku (Namek) with a kienzan provided that it connects due to Krillin being able to cut off Second Form Frieza's tail with a kienzan despite about a 16x difference in power.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu May 25, 2017 7:16 am

[spoiler]From dedicating myself to training and discipline. From spending every moment of every day working to improve myself. From ridding myself of my pride and asking for help when all of my training wasn't enough. From giving up my Humanity for the power hidden away within me.

Super Saiyan Rosé Steven Bloodriver: 91.04 billion

Super Saiyan Rosé 3 Goku Black

Soul Fusion[/spoiler]

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Thu May 25, 2017 10:29 am

I do believe Kuririn & Ten are both strong enough to beat Namek's Freeza 2nd form, without using Shin Kikoho/Kienzan.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu May 25, 2017 10:32 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:[spoiler]From dedicating myself to training and discipline. From spending every moment of every day working to improve myself. From ridding myself of my pride and asking for help when all of my training wasn't enough. From giving up my Humanity for the power hidden away within me.

Super Saiyan Blue Steven Bloodriver: 91.04 billion

Super Saiyan Rosé 3 Goku Black

Soul Fusion[/spoiler]

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:06 pm

Vegetes wrote:I don't like the idea of a DBZ Character vs an out of Universe Character, But

Super Buu vs Doomsday(DC)

Buuhan vs Doomsday

Buuhan(Gotenks active) Vs Doomsday

Buugito(Gohan,Gotenks, and Piccolo also absorbed) vs Doomsday.

Buu can't turn Doomsday into candy, and Doomsday can't Evolve or revive.
Doomsday every round. You need high tier Super characters to beat him even in a straight up fight where he can't evolve.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 26, 2017 4:25 am

Pre rosat Vegeta vs Mystic Gohan
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:11 pm

What if Yakon vs Frieza?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 27, 2017 3:24 am

Ten and Kuririn can take all the Ginyus and the first three Freeza suppressions w/o hax moves. We know they can't take 100% Freeza w/o hax moves but we don't know what percentage of final Freeza they can beat?

70%? Seems like the max, base Goku BoG has to be above that and below 100% enough that Beerus thought he can't take Freeza w/o Super Saiyan 1.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:33 am

TobyS wrote:Ten and Kuririn can take all the Ginyus and the first three Freeza suppressions w/o hax moves. We know they can't take 100% Freeza w/o hax moves but we don't know what percentage of final Freeza they can beat?

70%? Seems like the max, base Goku BoG has to be above that and below 100% enough that Beerus thought he can't take Freeza w/o Super Saiyan 1.
Yeah, but is it really possible for Tien and Krillin to be that high? I mean, they are supposed to still be weaker than Base Goku back in the Android arc, Goku increased his strenght with the ROSAT training, making Base Goku way way stronger than Tien and Krillin. Krillin stopped his training, so he would still be weaker than Android arc Base Goku. Tien did keep up with his training, but he would still be below Krillin since Krillin is stated to be the strongest earthling, and if Krillin is weaker than Android arc Base Goku, then so it's Tien.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat May 27, 2017 5:25 pm

The Earthlings definitely made huge gains in the Androids-Buu Sagas. We had stuff like Tenshinhan fighting on par with Post RoSaT Future Trunks and Yamcha one-shotting Olibu. How they got so strong shouldn't be a problem since we don't see them much on-screen during the time gaps.

DBZ Elsewhere has some good ideas for how Yamcha and co. had those kinds of showings.

I think at the very least, Yamcha is above Cell Saga Base Goku and Tenshinhan and Krillin would be a lot closer to Buu Saga Base Goku. With Krillin maybe even being a fair bit stronger after he regains his fighting spirit.
I mean, nothing contradicts that. And the Anime certainly seems to imply that they're close to the Base Saiyans, so why not just roll with it in this era of ridiculous and unexplained off-screen power ups.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:19 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:The Earthlings definitely made huge gains in the Androids-Buu Sagas. We had stuff like Tenshinhan fighting on par with Post RoSaT Future Trunks and Yamcha one-shotting Olibu. How they got so strong shouldn't be a problem since we don't see them much on-screen during the time gaps.

DBZ Elsewhere has some good ideas for how Yamcha and co. had those kinds of showings.

I think at the very least, Yamcha is above Cell Saga Base Goku and Tenshinhan and Krillin would be a lot closer to Buu Saga Base Goku. With Krillin maybe even being a fair bit stronger after he regains his fighting spirit.
I mean, nothing contradicts that. And the Anime certainly seems to imply that they're close to the Base Saiyans, so why not just roll with it in this era of ridiculous and unexplained off-screen power ups.
The problem is, Android arc Gohan should be weaker than Android Arc Base Goku considering that Gohan makes big boosts, and in the Cell Games his power was a bit stronger than Goku. Considering that Gohan's boosts are bigger than Goku's and their powers are not that far apart during the Cell Games with Gohan having the edge, then Gohan should have been weaker than Base Goku in the Android arc.

Then we have the fact that Gohan has always been stronger than Krillin ever since the Namek arc, and we also know that Krillin is stronger than Tien, who is stronger than Yamcha, who is stronger than Chiaotzu. Someone that is just around or weaker than Android arc Base Goku (prior to any ROSAT training) should be able to defeat every Z human, in this case it's Android arc Gohan.

There's also the fact that the humans didn't make any special training or zenkais like the saiyans and Piccolo (who trained with a way stronger partner for the Android arc, explaining his high boost), so it would be a bit ridiculous to say that the humans ever surpassed the pre ROSAT Base saiyans.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Some matches with Meta Cooler:

Meta Cooler vs Imperfect Cell (first appearance)

Meta Cooler vs Androids 17 and 18

Meta Cooler vs Android 13 (pre transformation)

Meta Cooler vs Android 13 (pre transformation) with Android 14 and 15

I'm specifically talking about the Metal Cooler that Goku and Vegeta fought.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun May 28, 2017 12:22 am

AvatarReiko wrote:MSSJ Goku & Gohan vs Perfect Cell

Conditions.
- This is Cell post-IT kamehameha.
- Goku has taken a senzu while Cell. Gohan has also joined in.
- Cell cannot self destruct or make Cell Jrs
- All fighters are fighting for their lives
- No SSJ2 for Gohan
- The earth is indestructible
Cell's probably down to a level comparable to Gohan's own maximum, so if both Saiyans are at full power, Cell gets his clock cleaned.
dragonball0900 wrote:Android Arc Gohan runs the gauntlet:

vs Vegeta (Frieza arc, against First Form Frieza)

vs First Form Frieza

vs Second Form Frieza

vs Piccolo (Frieza arc, fused with Nail)

vs Third Form Frieza

vs Vegeta (Frieza arc, against Final Form Frieza)

vs Goku (Frieza arc, no Kaioken allowed)

vs Final Form Frieza (suppressed against Vegeta and Goku)
Gohan's not too far off from the other Android Arc Saiyans in my book, so he makes it to Goku. Gohan's got an edge in power, but Goku's a better fighter over all. All in all, my moneys on daddy taking home the gold here.
dragonball0900 wrote:Okay. Now what about this?

Gohan (Android Arc) vs Base Future Trunks (Mecha Frieza Arc). Who wins?

If Gohan wins. Then what about Gohan (Android Arc) vs Base Future Trunks (Android Arc). Assuming that Trunks got stronger for Piccolo to compare him to Goku and Vegeta.
Gohan's got a slim power advantage over Trunks, but I'd be willing to bet that Trunks is a better fighter and would come out on top.
Vegetes wrote:Base super Vegeta(vs semi perfect cell) Vs Frieza.

Base cell Games Goku vs Frieza.

Base Cell Games teen Gohan vs Frieza.

Base Buu saga Goku vs Frieza.
Beerus says that Goku couldn't beat Freeza without Super Saiyan and that's good enough for me. All the Saiyans lose.
dragonball0900 wrote:Android Arc Humans, Chiaotzu, Yamcha and Tien, run the Gauntlet. Each human fights individually against an opponent (the shin kikoho is not allowed for Tien):

vs Nappa

vs Goku (Saiyan Arc, no kaioken)

vs Guldo

vs Krillin (13,000)

vs Gohan (14,000)

vs Cui

vs Dodoria

vs Zarbon

vs Vegeta (Zenkai)

vs Nail

vs Recoome/Burter/Jeice

vs Krillin (Frieza arc)

vs Goku (Ginyu arc, no Kaioken)

vs Captain Ginyu

vs Gohan (Frieza arc, zenkai, no enraged)

vs Vegeta (1st Form Frieza battle)

vs First Form Frieza

vs Second Form Frieza

Will one of them manage to pass all up until the end? Will they fail to do it? Post your thoughts.
I personally don't think any of the earthlings ever get as strong as Freeza's first form, Super be damned. Chiaotzu hits a wall at the mid-tier Ginyu guys. Yamcha makes it up to Goku (vs Ginyu) before succumbing to the more competent fighter. Tenshinhan hits a wall against Vegeta (vs 1st Form Freeza), making it past Gohan due to the latter being somewhat incompetent.
By that point, Tenshinhan's slightly below Kaioken Goku (vs Ginyu) in terms of raw power, but is able to win thanks to the strained nature of said technique. He could potentially beat Vegeta (vs 1st Form Freeza) if he nails him with a Kikoho. Kuririn at the top of his game is about half as strong as Freeza's first form, but can potentially kill anyone who can't regenerate with a Taiyoken+Kienzan combination. Ignoring that, I'd say he beats Vegeta (vs 1st Form Freeza).
dragonball0900 wrote:What if Yakon vs Frieza?
Freeza's the stronger of the two, but his stamina is terrible and Yakon might be able to drain away some strength with his whole light-eating thing. Odds are in favor of Freeza, though.
dragonball0900 wrote:Some matches with Meta Cooler:

Meta Cooler vs Imperfect Cell (first appearance)

Meta Cooler vs Androids 17 and 18

Meta Cooler vs Android 13 (pre transformation)

Meta Cooler vs Android 13 (pre transformation) with Android 14 and 15

I'm specifically talking about the Metal Cooler that Goku and Vegeta fought.
All these depend on which Meta-Coola we're talking about.
- Stage 1 Cell is only a little stronger than Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta were, so he'd probably lose to the Coola that required both Goku and Vegeta to put down.
- The Android twins are way stronger the two Super Saiyans, and could easily put down Coola on their own. The two of them together is overkill.
- No. 13 and his brethren were all somewhat weaker than the three Super Saiyans in that movie, so Coola cleans the android's clock.
- If it's three on one, the androids have a chance. A small chance, but a chance none the less. If No. 14 and 15 are destroyed and merge with 13, then it becomes a one-sided beat-down in favor of Super 13.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Sun May 28, 2017 1:04 am

dragonball0900 wrote:What if Yakon vs Frieza?
Frieza wins. It has been stated over and over he is the strongest in the universe, Beerus pretty much confirms this, and even if Yakkon is somehow stronger or the majin boost made him stronger, Frieza just kills hims with his disc.

TobyS wrote:Ten and Kuririn can take all the Ginyus and the first three Freeza suppressions w/o hax moves. We know they can't take 100% Freeza w/o hax moves but we don't know what percentage of final Freeza they can beat?

Krillin and Tien aren't even close to base Goku. They still might not be as strong as Goku was in the Namek arc. Tbh I don't think they are stronger than first form Frieza. There is really no evidence they are stronger than the ginyus either. Though they probably are at this point.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun May 28, 2017 11:04 am

SSJ Caba vs Gohan