Dragon Ball Online Chronicles

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Dragon Ball Online Chronicles

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:23 pm

So, last time around, HG-Project translated the entirety of the Dragon Ball Online timeline for us, and this time she's kindly done the same for the "Chronicle" chapter of the DBO guidebook that was released in Korea.

This chapter was originally quasi-translated by Amarath Sparrow, but he took some liberties with the translation and also didn't finish all the pages. Specifically, the most important ones that briefly discuss future Trunks, the implementation of the new Time Kaiō deity and how time travel is illegal. This little fact may actually be more relevant now though with Toriyama's return to the Dragon Ball universe with his new series, Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman. So this seems like as good as time as any to post the information.

Also interesting is that HG-Project says that all the guidebook's content (the earlier posted timeline and the info in this topic), from the way it was worded, seems to have been written in Japanese first and then translated into Korean. We know that Toriyama had creative control over the project, having to sign off on everything in the game. Take from that what you will... lol

-------------------------
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Dragon Ball Online Chronicles

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Time Leap Quest & Time Machine Quest Summaries

Dungeon Summaries

DBO Original Stories

Background for Rigll's Mobile Headquarters (Sky Dungeon)

Karin's Notes for Southern Porunga Rocks & UD6

--------------

General Notes
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 10 times in total.

some_weirdGuy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by some_weirdGuy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:55 am

Awesome stuff, can't wait to see more.
The idea of time travel causing alternate realities, and those realities using up the limited amount of space-time the universe has sounds rather cool. I wish we could see what these time guardian's look like, whether they looks like kaioshin, or something different. Have we clarified properly yet whether time patrol trunks is meant to be the same trunks from the series, or an alternate one? (i remember there still being some debate/ambiguity there).
Like collab writing and enjoy the universe of Dragonball? Check out World of Dragonball: Souls

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:07 am

some_weirdGuy wrote:I wish we could see what these time guardian's look like, whether they looks like kaioshin, or something different.

Have we clarified properly yet whether time patrol trunks is meant to be the same trunks from the series, or an alternate one? (i remember there still being some debate/ambiguity there).
There is only one Time Kaiō according to the text, so it's mostly likely just a Shinjin.

One of the first press releases told us point blank that it's the Trunks from the manga after we last saw him:
"`드래곤볼 온라인`의 최종 목표는 악의 존재인 `창백한 남자`를 물리치는 것이다. `인조인간 셀` 이야기에 등장한 미래의 트랭크스는 시간의 계왕의 의뢰를 받아 `시간의 경찰` 역할을 할 예정이다."

"The main goal of Dragon Ball Online is defeating the evil entity, “pale man”. The Trunks who appeared in the artificial human Cell Arc is requested to take the role of “Time Patrolman” by the Time Kaiō."
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 am

That "time patrol" thing with Trunks reminds me of a DBZ fic I read years ago that did the same thing... can't remember anything else about it anymore.

But the fact that it's even being used as an idea is awesome.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:49 am

So Time Patrol Trunks is 100% confirmed to be Future Trunks?!!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 am

Wow, amazing stuff, thanks a lot for the hard work!
The whole thing with Buu is disturbing... ;_;

I love how everything is much cleared now. My main doubt still resides on what exactly happened with the Yadratians.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:25 am

Great stuff! :thumbup: Thanks for your work, TheDevilsCorpse & HG-Project! :clap:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:54 pm

JeffJarrett wrote:So Time Patrol Trunks is 100% confirmed to be Future Trunks?!!
I don't see why it was ever in question, with him being the time traveler in the series, but yeah.
DNA wrote:I love how everything is much cleared now. My main doubt still resides on what exactly happened with the Yadratians.
Sadly, nothing we've found has mentioned anything about them other than the fact that they are simply now on Earth and have updated the planet's transportation system with their teleporters. There is probably something mentioned out there, in-game or otherwise, but until we have it to translate... :/

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Has the game/guidebook given any images of this "Kaiojiken"?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Nope. :(

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:13 pm

I thought the Dragonballs were deactivated in Age 787
The world's greatest.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Dr. Machismo wrote:I thought the Dragonballs were deactivated in Age 787
They were. The guide only tells you when the specific sections start, but rarely denote any passage of time and when the events in the section actually occur. That's what the timeline was for, which was also printed in the guidebook.

some_weirdGuy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by some_weirdGuy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DNA wrote:I love how everything is much cleared now. My main doubt still resides on what exactly happened with the Yadratians.
Sadly, nothing we've found has mentioned anything about them other than the fact that they are simply now on Earth and have updated the planet's transportation system with their teleporters. There is probably something mentioned out there, in-game or otherwise, but until we have it to translate... :/
I thought their planet was destroyed(hinted to be miira's doing as it was with namek), and it fell to earth as asteroids? ((Or do you just mean nothing beyond the timeline merely mentioning it blew up as been revealed?))
Like collab writing and enjoy the universe of Dragonball? Check out World of Dragonball: Souls

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:16 pm

some_weirdGuy wrote:I thought their planet was destroyed(hinted to be miira's doing as it was with namek), and it fell to earth as asteroids? ((Or do you just mean nothing beyond the timeline merely mentioning it blew up as been revealed?))
No, that wasn't in the actual timeline.

The initial batch of DBO info was gathered up from a low quality video of the game's first opening video. Text was blurry and a lot of the timeline content from the book in that video couldn't be read accurately. The game has been tinkered with in recent years and it is now possible to extract the openings directly from the source files, in high quality. There is nothing mentioned about Yardrat being blown up, and the meteor thing is related to a gas on an island and has nothing to do with any planets.

The second batch was from the text timeline, but was inaccurate because all versions were "deciphered" by playing with various online translators and going from there. Working directly from the source version, there wasn't anything mentioned about such an event in the text version of the timeline from the guidebook either.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Really interesting reading that, although the Mr. Buu stuff was kind of weird/creepy. Man I wish there could be an OVA or even a short manga on DBO's storyline, I hope they do something more with the story even if the game ends.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:24 pm

Lol, Boo and puberty.

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:31 pm

DNA wrote:Wow, amazing stuff, thanks a lot for the hard work!
The whole thing with Buu is disturbing... ;_;

I love how everything is much cleared now. My main doubt still resides on what exactly happened with the Yadratians.

(Hey Panda! And yeah, that was my least favorite part. TDC enjoyed me raging about it, lol)

I'm curious about those guys too--It'd be nice if I had some detail-heavy and well organized sources available to work with. It's so freaking difficult to find good excerpts for translation. OTL

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Wow. When you get into detailing the events, and not just having them mentioned them like in the timeline, it's really a very interesting story. Buu wanting 'HOT LOVE' sent me into a ferocious laughter. It's just so creepy and crazy that all you can do is laugh. Also, destroying Namek with a Genki Dama? Woah. Was that supposed to be Miira who did that or what?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Ryuman wrote:Also, destroying Namek with a Genki Dama? Woah. Was that supposed to be Miira who did that or what?
Yeah. Don't know exactly how, but it's Miira who uses the Genki Dama there.