Battle Of Gods Base Goku Is Weaker Than Frieza?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakashi
Banned

Battle Of Gods Base Goku Is Weaker Than Frieza?

Post by Kakashi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:10 pm

That makes no sense IMO. That would make Boo Arc Base Goku weaker than Frieza and BOG Goku > Boo Arc Goku

Kaboom

Re: Battle Of Gods Base Goku Is Weaker Than Freeza?

Post by Kaboom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:13 pm

I still don't get the problem anyone has with it. What's so wrong with Goku getting way, WAY stronger after his fight with Freeza, but not quite 40x or more stronger?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Kaboom wrote:I still don't get the problem anyone has with it. What's so wrong with Goku getting way, WAY stronger after his fight with Freeza, but not quite 40x or more stronger?
It's impossible with the gaps during the Cell Arc

Show me your numbers

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:19 pm

It's funny because i always had Frieza > Base Saiyans.

Few of my topics in past were battlefield because of this and even now some of them won't accept the truth.

The statment is made by AT himself (since he wrote whole thing himself) so yes, its right and everyone else who thinks diffrent is wrong...

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:It's funny because i always had Freeza > Base Saiyans.

Few of my topics in past were battlefield because of this and even now some of them won't accept the truth.

The statment is made by AT himself (since he wrote whole thing himself) so yes, its right and everyone else who thinks diffrent is wrong...
You are wrong

Wanatabe wrote the movie and Base Saiyans > Frieza is in the Manga

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Kakashi wrote:

You are wrong

Wanatabe wrote the movie and Base Saiyans > Freeza is in the Manga

Oh, no no no, you are wong.

Toriyama Interview wrote:

Q: I heard that this is the first time you've been deeply involved with the script of a movie; please tell us the reason.

A: The catalyst was that, first of all, when the script originally came to me, there was a lot of the sort of dialogue that only the creator would know, so I thought, 'that bothers me', and then this and that also started to get on my mind, and so rather than telling them to revise each individual thing, I thought it might be faster if I just wrote the script myself.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:37 pm

Kakashi wrote:
Kaboom wrote:I still don't get the problem anyone has with it. What's so wrong with Goku getting way, WAY stronger after his fight with Freeza, but not quite 40x or more stronger?

Show me your numbers
It's not impossible. I could make them work fine:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:
Kakashi wrote:

You are wrong

Wanatabe wrote the movie and Base Saiyans > Freeza is in the Manga

Oh, no no no, you are wong.

Toriyama Interview wrote:

Q: I heard that this is the first time you've been deeply involved with the script of a movie; please tell us the reason.

A: The catalyst was that, first of all, when the script originally came to me, there was a lot of the sort of dialogue that only the creator would know, so I thought, 'that bothers me', and then this and that also started to get on my mind, and so rather than telling them to revise each individual thing, I thought it might be faster if I just wrote the script myself.
Toriyama thought SSjin 3 was SSjin 2

The Manga says Base Saiyans > Frieza

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Toriyama obviously readed whole manga, and than decided to write everything with his hands.

He wouldn't mind so much and take everything in his hands if he didn't know what he was doing...

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:47 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Kakashi wrote:

Show me your numbers
It's not impossible. I could make them work fine:
There are so much flaws in your levels, I don't know where to start. Androids Saga Picccolo >> SSjin Trunks (Trunks Arc) already destroys your argument

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:Toriyama obviously readed whole manga, and than decided to write everything with his hands.

He wouldn't mind so much and take everything in his hands if he didn't know what he was doing...
The Manga says Base Saiyans > Frieza

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Kakashi wrote:
Super Vegetto wrote:Toriyama obviously readed whole manga, and than decided to write everything with his hands.

The Manga says Base Saiyans > Freeza

It doesn't say that. You say that.

How do you think i knew that Frieza is way up in the fucking sky compered to Base Saiyans before Battle of Gods was even relised ?

I readed manga and didn't find contradictions. Also to me it never made sense that Base Goku can beat his SSJ self or Universe tyrant that no amount of training can surpass, which brought me to this decision at first...

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:05 pm

i like how everyone ignores the fact that Goku was obviously suppressed when bills made that statement

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Kakashi wrote:Androids Saga Picccolo >> SSjin Trunks (Trunks Arc) already destroys your argument
Are you talking about Trunks from "Trunks the Story"? That's the 14 year old SS Trunks that base Gohan can handle with one hand, and it is stated that Trunks is born with the ability to turn Super Saiyan without doing training.

What other flaws?
Saiyan007 wrote:i like how everyone ignores the fact that Goku was obviously suppressed when bills made that statement
And I like how everyone ignores the fact that Goku doesn't argue, and Kaio says that Beers is correct.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:i like how everyone ignores the fact that Goku was obviously suppressed when bills made that statement
Bills knows Frieza and amount of power he has. He was suprised that Saiyan defeated him.

He judged Goku's power just like Ginyu, and nothing says that he was wrong when he stated that Goku couldn't defeat Frieza without powering up to SSJ.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:27 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
And I like how everyone ignores the fact that Goku doesn't argue, and Kaio says that Beers is correct.
He said nothing about Goku can't beat Freeza in his base form because Goku was suppressed. Goku can still power up in his base form. He was just highly suppressed in his base.

Besides didn't Goku think Freeza was not much of a challenge in the Tarble movie and he thought that the kids would make a great match for them and Goku only saw Freeza's final form.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:33 pm

Kakashi wrote:
Please don't state false claims.

There's absolutely nothing in the manga saying or implying that base Goku in the Buu saga has to be stronger than Freeza. Goku can be something like 40 times stronger in his base in the Buu saga compared to when he fought Freeza and he would still be weaker than Freeza (since SSJ is a 50 times increase).

There's absolutely no problem with the gaps in power in the android arc and buu arc with this assumption because, even a small increase in the power at base, since SSJ is a 50 times increase of the base's power, would still make the Saiyan, much, much stronger.

A saiyan with a base power level of 10 will only have 500 with his SSJ. But if he increases his base power by just 5 times, his SSJ would be 2500. And that's just 5 times, not something like 40. And that's just regarding SSJ1, not any other form of SSJ which would increase his power even further.
Saiyan007 wrote:He said nothing about Goku can't beat Freeza in his base form becuase Goku was suppressed. Goku can still power up in his base form. He was just highly suppressed in his base.

Besides didn't Goku think Freeza was not much of a challenge in the Tarble movie and he thought that the kids would make a great match for them and goku only saw Freeza's final form.
Like it was mentioned, even someone like Ginyu could more or less figure out correctly the power of a fighter even if he was suppressed. Why you think Bills, the most powerful god that we know of in the DB universe, is not capable of doing something like that is beyond me.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:He said nothing about Goku can't beat Freeza in his base form becuase Goku was suppressed.
Yes he did.
Beers: I heard from Whis that you defeated Freeza.
Goku: Freeza? Y-Yes that was definitely me.
(Beers checks Goku.)
Beers: Seeing you as you are now I doubt you'd be able to. But it seems you power up by becoming a Super Saiyan.
Kaio: That is correct. You are well informed.

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:47 pm

Kakashi wrote:

It says nothing of the kind. Goku was impressed that the kaioshins could all defeat frieza in one blow. Why would he be impressed by that unless Freeza's power was somehow still relevant? And the only way for frieza's power to be relevant would be for goku's base to still be below frieza.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:49 pm

What exactly is the problem here? The manga doesn't contradict this statement, so what reason is there to think it's incorrect? I realize people get a little too carried away with Dabura's statement, but seriously other than that, there's really nothing suggesting the base Saiyans are anything special. Now I am an oddball and do think Saiyans can put a little SSJ energy into their base forms, but that's unnecessary as far as the manga goes. I only did that to make sense of GT.
Saiyan007 wrote:He said nothing about Goku can't beat Freeza in his base form becuase Goku was suppressed.
Well you would be wrong. Beers says that he doesn't think Goku could beat Freeza as he is now. Kaio agrees with Beers AND Goku doesn't argue. These are facts. Everything beyond that are assumptions, and people ASSUME Goku is stronger than Freeza because of a little statement that Dabura makes.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946