Goku's Feats

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Goku's Feats

Post by xmysticgohanx » Sat May 31, 2014 2:56 pm

Well I made this thread to figure out just exactly how good Goku is and so you guys can help me out.

Striking Power
Base: Planet busting+
proof: Base Namek Arc Goku KO'd Recoome in one hit when Vegeta's energy blasts didn't hurt Recoome at all which in the Saiyan Arc they were said to be able to destroy Earth and Vegeta has powered up since then.

SSJ: ?

SSJ2: ?

SSJ3: ? But he has a feat in BoG where his punch's force blew a hole through King Kai's planet which is 10x as dense as Earth. Goku didn't even hit the planet either.

Energy Blast Power
Base: Planet busting+
proof: Repelled Saiyan Arc Vegeta's Galick Gun. Although it was in KKx4, his power level increased to 90,000 in the Namek Arc. 90,000 > 32,000.

SSJ2: Solar System busting+
proof: Goku is more powerful than Cell Arc SSJ2 Gohan who, as stated in Daizenshuu 7, is strong enough to destroy the Solar System.

SSJ3: ?

Speed
Base: ?

Durability
Base: planet busting+
proof: Able to handle Freeza's punches which were hurting Vegeta who was many times stronger than Recoome at that point.

Last edited by xmysticgohanx on Sat May 31, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Goku's Feats

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:58 pm

Your speed feat isn't in the manga.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:59 pm

Well as a kid he tanked a blast of lightning from Muten Roshi disguised as Jackie Chun, and lightning is roughly 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun at around 53 thousand degrees.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 31, 2014 3:05 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Well as a kid he tanked a blast of lightning from Muten Roshi disguised as Jackie Chun, and lightning is roughly 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun at around 53 thousand degrees.
Did anything say it was lightning? Or was it just electricity? Or ki that looked like electricity?
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sat May 31, 2014 3:11 pm

It probably only burned him because ki burns...or ki can shock ? Few times happens in anime,,not sure in manga...

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat May 31, 2014 3:26 pm

Strenght in Base - Can't even lift 40 tons, weaker than Spider-man's Rhino.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Sat May 31, 2014 3:31 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Your speed feat isn't in the manga.
Really? So we have nothing else besides Death Battle's gravity calc :problem: ?
Bullza wrote:Strenght in Base - Can't even lift 40 tons, weaker than Spider-man's Rhino.
1. We don't know how long he was doing the training.
2. Punching with a weight is way harder than simply lifting it. Try punching while holding a dumbell and compare it to your bench max. It's about a 10x difference and I'm a boxer.
3. We don't know the gravity.

Edit: Wait didn't Goku dodge Tien's Solar Flare?
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sat May 31, 2014 3:53 pm

Bullza wrote:Strenght in Base - Can't even lift 40 tons, weaker than Spider-man's Rhino.
outlier,inconsistent,WIS take your pick

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Well as a kid he tanked a blast of lightning from Muten Roshi disguised as Jackie Chun, and lightning is roughly 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun at around 53 thousand degrees.
Did anything say it was lightning? Or was it just electricity? Or ki that looked like electricity?
Nothing says it wasent lightning and nothing really says it was but I figured it may as well be lightning due to its appearance, the sound effects involved, and Goku's reaction to it.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat May 31, 2014 4:15 pm

We don't know how long he was doing the training.

That wouldn't matter. He said with 40 tons he wouldn't even be able to move.
Punching with a weight is way harder than simply lifting it.

Again he said he wouldn't even be able to move if that much weight was on him so he obviously wouldn't be able to lift it.
We don't know the gravity.

That wouldn't even make a scrap of difference because the weight would still be 40 tons for the environment that they were on. Even if the planet had 100x gravity 40 tons there would still be 40 tons.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat May 31, 2014 4:20 pm

Humans can survive being hit by lightning. THEREFORE HUMANS CAN SURVIVE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:24 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Humans can survive being hit by lightning. THEREFORE HUMANS CAN SURVIVE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN

Why does that remind me of a Courage The Cowardly Dog episode?

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat May 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Rocketman wrote: Humans can survive being hit by lightning. THEREFORE HUMANS CAN SURVIVE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN
Only if it does not hit you directly. If you get 200000 Ampere you're toast - literally.

Dragon Ball speed is inconsistent as well as the strength and durability, the latter being the most consistent probably. Goku was 20000 km/h fast when he left King Kai's planet while Beginning of Boo Saga Gohan is 3000 km/h fast. No matter if Goku sometimes was flying and running or in the Otherworld, it makes no sense.

Goku Super Saiyajin 3, Boo, Gotenks and Gohan should all have the same kind of dimension ripping powers so if you can affect reality like this you are probably already a Universal warrior.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:57 pm

Cetra wrote:
Rocketman wrote: Humans can survive being hit by lightning. THEREFORE HUMANS CAN SURVIVE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN
Only if it does not hit you directly. If you get 200000 Ampere you're toast - literally.

Dragon Ball speed is inconsistent as well as the strength and durability, the latter being the most consistent probably. Goku was 20000 km/h fast when he left King Kai's planet while Beginning of Boo Saga Gohan is 3000 km/h fast. No matter if Goku sometimes was flying and running or in the Otherworld, it makes no sense.

Goku Super Saiyajin 3, Boo, Gotenks and Gohan should all have the same kind of dimension ripping powers so if you can affect reality like this you are probably already a Universal warrior.
You can survive a direct lightning strike. It passes through the body too quickly to always be fatal (although it sometimes is.)
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat May 31, 2014 5:17 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: You can survive a direct lightning strike. It passes through the body too quickly to always be fatal (although it sometimes is.)
And has anyone ever actually seen this instead of just thinking it was a direct hit? "Next to a lightning" can also cause injuries or probably be fatal. As said, a lightning has an immense power and it normally toasts you with its heat.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 31, 2014 5:18 pm

Cetra wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: You can survive a direct lightning strike. It passes through the body too quickly to always be fatal (although it sometimes is.)
And has anyone ever actually seen this instead of just thinking it was a direct hit? "Next to a lightning" can also cause injuries or probably be fatal. As said, a lightning has an immense power and it normally toasts you with its heat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_ ... s_indirect
Citation is included in the article. My uncle was struck by lightning directly. He has heart trouble, and suffered some bone damage, but he survived.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

White Oni
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by White Oni » Sat May 31, 2014 5:25 pm

How fast is goku?

Here's a great start for scaling his speed.
http://www.comicvine.com/dragon-balls/4 ... rs-649740/

Here's a comment on another thread that makes an excellent stand alone argument, about how piccolo fires blasts at the SL or near SL.
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-dis ... ge-8213391

Note that master roshi did something similar in dragonballl, implying this wasn't even piccolo' stop speed. Or that it was in fact faster than a second.

With this, I think it's fair to say the likes of ssj 3 goku fight at FTL speeds.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat May 31, 2014 5:28 pm

Goku was not trained at flying at that time. It was very inconsistent. He flew against Piccolo, then suddenly couldn't fly to Radditz, levitated to look at Gohan and then the picture you have shown. When you're trained it becomes way easier to fly and constantly fly fast.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:45 am

White Oni wrote:How fast is goku?

Here's a comment on another thread that makes an excellent stand alone argument, about how piccolo fires blasts at the SL or near SL.

Note that master roshi did something similar in dragonballl, implying this wasn't even piccolo' stop speed. Or that it was in fact faster than a second.

With this, I think it's fair to say the likes of ssj 3 goku fight at FTL speeds.
In the second thread, somewhere near the middle, someone said that since Raditz dodged Piccolo's blast which was shown earlier to hit the moon nearly instantly Raditz is FTL. If only we knew how long it took for Piccolo's blast to reach the moon. In respect to the first thread, how fast do you have to be to the point where no one can see you?
Kai >>> Z

White Oni
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by White Oni » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:37 am

xmysticgohanx wrote:
White Oni wrote:How fast is goku?

In the second thread, somewhere near the middle, someone said that since Raditz dodged Piccolo's blast which was shown earlier to hit the moon nearly instantly Raditz is FTL. If only we knew how long it took for Piccolo's blast to reach the moon. In respect to the first thread, how fast do you have to be to the point where no one can see you?
I'm guessing piccolo's moon buster was anywhere from a fraction of a second to a full second, but not any longer, especially since roshi performed the same feat in under a few seconds.

In regards to faster than sight movement, it's pretty damn fast, but light speed is far past what's needed to escape human sight. But it's important to realize that roshi moves far faster than human sight and performed a long series of attacks back and forth with Kuririn in the matter of a single moment. (To the audience it looked like nothing happened in the single second. That's not just combat speed either, that also included them moving across the ring towards one another, and back to their respective sides of the ring at the end of the exchange. This is pretty damn impressive with all things considered.